RallyeBaz

When Rc Racing Goes Bad .........

I think I need to give up RC racing. :(

Only last week I managed to superglue my forehead after gluing a servo head adaptor together, then pressing the 2 parts together, which ended up squirting glue in my face.

This week I punched myself in the eye after my hand slipped removing the large carpet rolls out of the container.

My other mate cut his hand open on plyers and the other guy trod on the chairman's brand new RC car during marshalling.

Please tell me these are common events

LOL, I have a 4 inch scar accross my right knee after falling whilst marshelling a race landing on a kerb stone. Was a deep cut that needed several stitches, 3 weeks of work and now about 8 years later I still get a lot of pain in it. Who would have thought RC racing was this dangerous.

i have done something similar.. :(

This week I punched myself in the eye after my hand slipped removing the large carpet rolls out of the container.

LOL, I have a 4 inch scar accross my right knee after falling whilst marshelling a race landing on a kerb stone. Was a deep cut that needed several stitches, 3 weeks of work and now about 8 years later I still get a lot of pain in it. Who would have thought RC racing was this dangerous.

Ouch !!!

There was a member the other week who twisted his knee and had to have a operation. Have to be ultra careful getting all the carpets and ropes out the container.

Don't get me on saddle pack cell batteries. Mate gave me 6 cells and like a idiot I put them straight in my hoodie pocket. Within seconds there was loud cracking noises due to the terminals touching

I doubt I will ever run Lipo batteries :(

hehe... I have a few nicks and scratches from rc. Recently, while I was soldering a new pack I forgot that what I had in my hand was about 600-900 degree iron and grabbed the shaft with my thumb and forefinger. haha. wow did that hurt. it was a split second touch but enough to give me painful burn on my fingers. never solder late at night! haha.

It's all healed now but the area still feels a bit rough but new skin is coming in.

No injuries to me as of yet (touch wood) but I've caved the rear in of one of my bodies. After the battery had run down, the car would run a bit if I bump-started it. I kicked it a bit hard lol :D

Matt

If an X-Acto knife starts to roll off the table, don't try to catch it. Just back away and let it fall. Trust me.

My accidents always happen when I mix my two fav pastimes modeling ( not the naked version ) and drinking.

Up to know I have manage to put a reamer deep into my hand fixing a wing support on a mardave I had to go for an exray the following day because the end was missing from the reamer.

Sliced quite a bit of finger off with a scapel while cutting a a piece of lexan oh and on the same night I set the kitchen drawer on fire throwing some loose cells in there.

So let this be a lesson to you all DONT DRINK AND MODEL (unless its the naked version)

Me and naked modelling LOL hows that for a sickening mental image LOL.

I have also thanks to RC managed to shorten the wheelbase on my old 1:1 Nissan Primera, driving home from racing me and my mate could smell burning (like a battery shorting) I looked over my shoulder and when I looked back at road I was heading for edge of a curb, no time to steer away I hit it and had a moment or 2 of driving on 2 wheels. Front suspension was shot - valuable lesson learned that no matter whats happening in car dont look till you have stopped :D

I still cringe at this old gem:BikerFall2.gif

My personal experience from running cars on BMX tracks brings a different warning... If you are intending on transversing steep and loose gravel jumps on foot, don't wear your hard and smooth soled motorcycle boots... When the video gets transferred to digital media, I'll share some tips why they don't do the cheese run on gravel :)

once upon a time, approx 13years ago i was marshall on a buggyrace when something went really wrong, i was running and jumping when my left kneecap didnt managed to hold up my bodyweight and snapped, that resulted in three fractures in the knee and five titanium screws, i couldnt walk on that knee for a total of 5 months. and still after 13 years the knee aint okey, i guess it will never be....and for your notice 22 stitches...

I still cringe at this old gem:BikerFall2.gif

My personal experience from running cars on BMX tracks brings a different warning... If you are intending on transversing steep and loose gravel jumps on foot, don't wear your hard and smooth soled motorcycle boots... When the video gets transferred to digital media, I'll share some tips why they don't do the cheese run on gravel :o

What was that BIG truck, a Traxxas... That is :lol:

Personal pain - CA'ed one eye shut, countless hangnails, many contusions on shin and dislocated finger (marshelling), partial feeling in fingertips from hardwiring for years. That is all I can remember...

was marshalling a heat at don valley on Friday night and was hit on the shin by a touring car on the back straight as i was rescuing another one.

DSC00926.jpg

was marshalling a heat at don valley on Friday night and was hit on the shin by a touring car on the back straight as i was rescuing another one.

DSC00926.jpg

Well that was something we were all hoping foor :huh:

Only injury I had was a cut finger YEARS ago. My friend had this Frog where you had to strap these rubber things around the axles When he tried the motor I wanted to grab one wheel to show a third friend how a differential worked. Problem was that the tierap was still cut long and it was cut sharp. It sliced through my finger at the same position twice, going 3-4 mm in.... Hurt like @#$.

I need to see the full clip :lol:

I do have it, though I don't like watching it :huh: . PM me if you want it, and I'll see if it's an emailable size.

approximatly 2 years ago i got a well used thundershot off ebay, the tires were very worn but the wheels were ok. unfortunatly (for me) the old tires were super glued to the rims, i thought save myself a pound or 2 and try and get the old ones off with a craft knife and a small screwdriver than buy a new set of wheels AND tires. needless to say i stabbed my right hand not once, but twice with the screwdriver! i have a 1cm scar just under my thumb. that hurt but not as much as being hit by my brothers savage while recovering my stricken boomerang, i picked my boomy up turned around to see a savage hurtling towards me full throttle. i tried to jump over it but it clipped my ankle, two days later it looked like an orange was under my skin. now i always make sure i stand right next to r-kid when ever we go out!

If you don't shed a little blood then it's not worth it.

I always touch hot motors or stab myself with bare wire ends.

Knife cuts are normal as is super gluing fingers to each other or parts of the car. Skin will grow back, I hope.

The worst I saw was a 1/8 Touring car going full speed while racing, hit the side board and jump the track right into this guys shin. OUCH!!!!!! Good thing he was wearing pants.

The worst I saw was a 1/8 Touring car going full speed while racing, hit the side board and jump the track right into this guys shin. OUCH!!!!!! Good thing he was wearing pants

Would be more disturbed to see a guy beside a track without pants! :lol:

Last weekend(s) had to dodge a HPI Baja 5B serveral times "learning driver" ,

close call's but no pain < until now >

of course, the common builders-damage , glued fingers.. knifes in fingers,

Personal favorit, grabbing a hot exhaust.

I always manage to cut my self while I build my cars :lol:

Yes I know knifes got sharp edges!!! :)

Back in the 80's i run my Landjump right into a guys leg at full speed!

Got broken of! His dad run up to me and hit me in the back of my head, and yelled!!

"Are you stupid?!!! What the**** is the matter with you?!!!"

Only thing I got out of my mouth was

"-are you mad at me?" :P:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Badboy

I spent 2 afternoons, huddled over my old workbench at the back of the kitchen stripping a bodyshell.

Poor light, meant working closer, add the fact i was using nitro fuel to strip, and im indoors.......10 hours later.........chemical burns to my throat lining!!!!

Sounded like an Italian gangster after that!!!!

KingPin

I heard of people having their ankles broken by RC cars crashing on them :rolleyes:

Myself, thankfully just small things like superglue'ing my fingers, and odd scratches here and there

The amount of times I forget about hot motors when picking cars up Marshalling. Still recovering from a foot injury after putting my boot up to stop a car somersaulting off the track.