RallyeBaz

When Rc Racing Goes Bad .........

rc-martin, I know don valley well! never had a personal injury there, although I've lost many a wishbone to the boards around the outside of the track being over lapped the wrong way.............!

After reading some of these self inflected injuries, I will ask my surgeon, if I even need an operation, was he even into RC when he was young. If his answer is yes, I want another surgeon that was never into RC. <_<

I think I need to give up RC racing. :)

This week I punched myself in the eye after my hand slipped removing the large carpet rolls out of the container.

that is common all the time for me along with pocking myself in the eye. i almost always grab a hot motor or a hot battery or try to put my finger some place to make sure the steering servo is OK and pinch my finger. i have even hit my self with my OWN car at 30 MPH. man that hurts!

I was re-gluing some TC tires for a friend during last Friday's race, when suddenly the nozzle on the CA bottle popped off. A nasty spray of CA flew right across my face. If I wasn't wearing glasses, I would probably have gone to the hospital. There were about 10 dots of CA in a perfect diagonal line traveling across one of my lenses. The fumes alone from the glue on my face had my eyes burning quite badly. Lucky for me, I had a bottle of rubbing alcohol handy which made short work of the CA on my lenses. I doused my glasses and the CA quickly dispersed. Lucky for me as the lenses are polycarbonate...

I left the glue on my face to dry, as I didn't want to try wiping it off for fear of having something else stuck to my face...

By far the single scariest moment in R/C I've ever had...

I was re-gluing some TC tires for a friend during last Friday's race, when suddenly the nozzle on the CA bottle popped off. A nasty spray of CA flew right across my face. If I wasn't wearing glasses, I would probably have gone to the hospital. There were about 10 dots of CA in a perfect diagonal line traveling across one of my lenses. The fumes alone from the glue on my face had my eyes burning quite badly. Lucky for me, I had a bottle of rubbing alcohol handy which made short work of the CA on my lenses. I doused my glasses and the CA quickly dispersed. Lucky for me as the lenses are polycarbonate...

I left the glue on my face to dry, as I didn't want to try wiping it off for fear of having something else stuck to my face...

By far the single scariest moment in R/C I've ever had...

I was there sitting in our pit area when it happened, lucky you wear glasses bro. That was scary...

Speaking of scary, that night my Tourer lost control and hit the board at full speed- battery pack tossed out the car, the rail flew in the air on impact and almost hit a 4 year old boy. I thought the kid was seriously hurt because he was crying by the time I ran over to see him (my race was over). The father was standing next to him and said nothing hit him (sigh of relief), he just got scared. I was scared and hopefully the kid will not be scared of R/C's in the future..

I remember once when racing back in 1985 i was running a tamiya fast attack vechicle.

I was suprised it was going so well this day a new motor and oil dampers new tyres roller berings it was sweet ( UNTIL )

For some reason the speed controler got hot and cought on ( fire ) now those that no the vechicle will no that this car was not easy to get into yes get the hump back battery out pointless disconecting melted clips anyway a bucket of water and a little smoldering later one very distroyed car and one upset driver

we learn from our mistakes thow and never had it happen again . sorry dont have pics of it thow but the memory is still there .

Swedish Lesson #1

At the tube i have a clip from one of our local carpark races.

To bad there is no video from this moment but u can here one of the drivers beeing hit runing after his car.

No injuies... yet. But hey I've only just started.

But going by the sounds of it from reading this thread its going to be a combination of injuries similar from skateboarding and plastic models kit.

I've put a brand new hobby knife in my hand and it was the blade end as well, and that was from Warhammer... :P

I do remember some simpleton at our club putting a screw through the corally battery connectors before a race, which is fine in principal, but in practice his car was ridiculously over geared and soon had the connectors glowing white hot. Melting the wiring and nigh on impossible to disconnect the battery? Good work.

From personal experience, I was modifying the wishbones for my T/Tech Streetwise and ended up stabbing myself in the knee with the full blade of a scapel. Ouch!

I've had quite an eventfull day today!

Super Champ suffered brief radio glitch, and launched itself into a (luckily shallow) puddle, then luckily stopped (no damage, but I was sweating!!)

The Frog suffered the same problem, but launched itself into a deep puddle (only the roof spoiler was showing!) and now doesn't work.

Associated B4 suffered a high speed collision, and smashed the front bulkhead.

And my F201 just decided that it didn't want to go at all! (probably went on strike at the sight of the other cars)

My old Yokomo SSG SD was faultless though. Good old warhorse!!

Had someone ram my car at full speed Sunday, during pratice. The force of the impact made the Lipo battery fly out the car. Luckily the wires were not damaged or another car hit the battery, otherwise there would have been a nice mushroom cloud on the circuit ;)

After 27 years of all types of RC modelling I have all types of scars :D All down to being Stooopid of course ;) I caught my hand in the prop of a .120 4 stroke engine Mustang whilst stupidly trying to tune the carby from the front of the fuzz (putting my hand round the prop instead of standing by the side of the engine) leaving chop marks all the way up the right side of my right hand. The lads at the flying club say if you measure the distance between the scars you can work out the pitch of the prop I was using ;) My pit buddy panicked and tried shutting the engine down, But being an obsessed idiot, desperate to fly, and again Stooopid I told him to keep it running, wrapped a rag around my shredded hand and flew some circuits until I could not feel my hand anymore and had to land. Whilst racing touring cars, years ago, Due to a technical hitch the whole club was waiting for me to get my car onto the start line for the finals, I had just 20 secs left before they started without me and forfeited my position. I ran for it through the pits and chucked my car on the line and made a jump for the rostrum, As I launched myself unfortunatly I put my foot on some plastic pipe that edged the track, which of course spun round. I slammed into the metal rostrum making a 50p sized chip in my shin bone, and fracture my ankle when it twisted on the pipe! god that hurt and was very very embarassing as the entire club stood in silence as I wriggled around in agony clutching my shin etc and making noises like a constipated giraffe. Eventually I got up and crawled onto the rostrum. I insisted on racing my final, Won it ! and then went to hospital. What a wally !! :D Plus the usual, cyno'ing my lips to my teeth, sticking X-acto knives into my persons, soldering iron burns etc etc. Actually I sound like a bit of a liability now I think of it ! Thinking on my uncle Richard had a good'un charging a Lipo in his workshop when it exploded, He had 5 or 6 sets of wings in the roof which all got the full treatment ! as lots of little white hot bomblets perforated all the wings :( There is a lot to be said for Lipo sacks.

I've had quite an eventfull day today!

Super Champ suffered brief radio glitch, and launched itself into a (luckily shallow) puddle, then luckily stopped (no damage, but I was sweating!!)

The Frog suffered the same problem, but launched itself into a deep puddle (only the roof spoiler was showing!) and now doesn't work.

Associated B4 suffered a high speed collision, and smashed the front bulkhead.

And my F201 just decided that it didn't want to go at all! (probably went on strike at the sight of the other cars)

My old Yokomo SSG SD was faultless though. Good old warhorse!!

LOL ask any of the North West Nutters, that would have been a good day for me and my cars. ;)

well lets just say that a popped ball end and a running Schumacher havoc's exhaust = OUCH!

DSC00271.jpg

Latest, from pullstart of my MCD. Took a bit of getting going. Good news is, it's running ok now. :)

DSC00271.jpg

Latest, from pullstart of my MCD. Took a bit of getting going. Good news is, it's running ok now. :)

I have loads of little cuts and some pretty big ones all thanks to my hobbies. Once lost a massive chunk of my thumb when I was stupidly trying to take apart some marzocchi strada shocks with 2 screw drivers....finger got caught in the spring and there was even a piece of my finger left in the spring.......i no longer have much of a finger print left on my thumb thanks to that and many other incedents with craft knifes....all stupidity on my account......

I had blisters like that after trying to get my mum and dads decrepit lawn mower running! It's amazing how quick a pull start can leave your hands with big blisters........

Took the Sand Scorcher out over Christmas, and got bored of keep watching the front wheel fly off it........Note to self; put cable ties round the front suspension to stop the ball races popping out!!

Still haven't found the courage to take the "Ribbit Of Death" out for a run yet-- AKA my vintage Frog. Everytime I run it, it seems to self destruct!

Yeah, um the drinking/modeling thing...don't do it half naked either...I usually like to build sitting on my couch in front of the TV (with a a lot of cussing at the carpet monster) because I can't the TV from my workstation...if you set your Xacto in your lap make sure you're in great shape. If you have a couple extra inches around the waist line like me, and forget about said knife when it's time to get that c-clip that just shot accross the room, well, let's just say those blood grooves they put in swords really do help when it's time to remove the offending Xacto, with which you have just impaled yourself, from your tummy. Also, wait until you get to the bathroom before you pull it out or you will dribble blood all over your carpet (it was hungry anyway or it wouldn't have just eaten that c-clip, right?). And grab some CA on your way, you'll need it to close the wound...

O.M.G

The other Sunday it was quite busy at the track. One of the guys broke his car and asked his middle age wife to marshal, while he was fixing it.

She made the mistake of taking the top corner on the fast straight.

A members car crashed at the end of the straight. The guys wife just slowly walked in front of the approaching cars at full speed and fell onto her knees (Like a giant, being felled by little people) after a impact to her shin. Instead of moving out of the way, another RC car at full speed hit her Knee cap.

I cannot believe she managed to walk away, without a shattered knee.

Turns out the wife's husband did not tell her anything about how to marshal.

Me and my mate was on the floor, although could have been very serious.

Reminds me of an incident at my local club many years ago. A girl around 10 years old was heading to the toilets and had to get past a marshal. To do this she decided to wait for a gap in the cars on the track and run round the marshal. Unfortunately for her when she stepped on the track my car was approaching fast. As she was in a hurry there was only one foot on the ground when I hit it, sweeping the foot from under her with her ending up flat on her back on the main straight. Thankfully the racers all stopped and there was no injuries. It looked just like those comedy slipping on a banana skin falls. :lol:

What was that BIG truck, a Traxxas... That is :lol:

Personal pain - CA'ed one eye shut, countless hangnails, many contusions on shin and dislocated finger (marshelling), partial feeling in fingertips from hardwiring for years. That is all I can remember...

this clip still makes me laugh

the full clip is so funny