Will this be a step-by-step build thread, or as and when pic's?

Will it be stock, or mild/wild when built?

Its a fun kit to build up. If you havent gotten them yet do youself a favor and get the bearing kit for it. I also just installed a Hot Racing aluminum locker in the rear, what a difference in performance. Also, if you intend to use the stock steering setip. Line all the steering rods, from servo to the wheels with some sort of tubing, be it aluminum or brake line, it will be less sloppy without all the flex. Crank the servo savers all the way down as well, otherwise it wont turn for squat.

If you can, grab yourself some sort of dual motor ESC, I have the HPI ESavage ESC and it is a riot on 16.8v, but I recommend making a wheelie bar as it will take the rear bumper right off. lol Traxxas EMaxx ESC will also work great, but they are alot more money. Some say that the stock J-540 cans wont hold up to that much voltage, but I have dozens of dual battery runs on them and they are still running flawless. It will wheelie on demand and about any speed except what and it is too fast for its high COG. I also upgraded to 8 TLT shocks and it made the world of difference in performance

You will love it, its a blast to bash and jump.

i won't post all the steps, i'll post a few milestones though..

such as completing the rear axle and ready to mount them to the chassis

Its a fun kit to build up. If you havent gotten them yet do youself a favor and get the bearing kit for it. I also just installed a Hot Racing aluminum locker in the rear, what a difference in performance. Also, if you intend to use the stock steering setip. Line all the steering rods, from servo to the wheels with some sort of tubing, be it aluminum or brake line, it will be less sloppy without all the flex. Crank the servo savers all the way down as well, otherwise it wont turn for squat.

If you can, grab yourself some sort of dual motor ESC, I have the HPI ESavage ESC and it is a riot on 16.8v, but I recommend making a wheelie bar as it will take the rear bumper right off. lol Traxxas EMaxx ESC will also work great, but they are alot more money. Some say that the stock J-540 cans wont hold up to that much voltage, but I have dozens of dual battery runs on them and they are still running flawless. It will wheelie on demand and about any speed except what and it is too fast for its high COG. I also upgraded to 8 TLT shocks and it made the world of difference in performance

You will love it, its a blast to bash and jump.

thanks for all the info, lol looks like i need a wheelie bar.

i do have a savage esc coming in soon and will run 2 batts on it

can't wait!

about the steering rods, what is the lining or tubing you're referring to? what does that do exactly?

you got any pics of your clodbuster?

thanks for all the info, lol looks like i need a wheelie bar.

i do have a savage esc coming in soon and will run 2 batts on it

can't wait!

about the steering rods, what is the lining or tubing you're referring to? what does that do exactly?

you got any pics of your clodbuster?

About my clod in this topic http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43583

Here are some pics.

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Alot of hobby shops carry Aluminum tubing in all sorts of diameters. what I did, (though its not in the pics) is measured the sistance between the links and cut 1/4" tubing the same length, unscrewed one of the links, slid the tubing iver the steering rod and screwed the link back on. This makes them alot more rigid. Without the tubing to stiffen them up, they flexed alot and the steering was both sloppy and very short. Most of the throw was wasted in the flexing of the stock links and not sent to the wheels.

Ah. there is nothing like a newly opened kit, ready for building. Keep us posted.

Nice clod RCH.