ryanbored

Cr-01 Hilux Nearly Finished!

Hi guys & girls. Now it's late so sorry for typo's but I've been working on this for about 9 hours straight and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Starting at the start I set out to create a capable, scale off-roader, using Tamiya's CR-01 as a base. I like trucks to look like trucks [apart from the DMG I'm building but that's another story!] and wanted something to hit the trails with around where I live in Bournemouth. I wont be precious about the truck as it will be used, rolled, modified and generally enjoyed, so a little cautious of fitting things like lights on the roll bar and wing mirrors, but I'll have a think on that over the next few days.

I'm not a great fan of lexan so that body got plopped on ebay (106!) and a deal was done for the Hilux you see here. This is my first start to [nearly]finish hard body and all I can say is: "Come back lexan, all is forgiven!". Glad I didn't set out for the 'mirror' finish some people achieve, and doff my cap to you!

I would like to say a big thankyou to Dready for the scale bits in the back and the interior- PM him, they're not expensive and are awesome- as well as his emotional suppost when I wanted to hurl the $"%%" thing out the window! Still a few things to complete, like detailing etc, but like I said, it's nice to know the end is nigh.

Anyways enough of the chat, here are a few pics. Oh and just found out I'm not working this Sunday, so If you go down to the woods, you'll be in for a big suprise....

HiluxCRfr.jpg

Tools.jpg

toolbed.jpg

Simple.jpg

HiluxCR.jpg

Hiya Ryan,

What a cool job. And I agree completely with you, them lexan bodies just don't do as nice as an ABS. Anyway, would you please post a couple of more pictures of it. One of the interior and a side view would be helpful to see how that body fits the CR-01.

Cheers!

EB

--

I'll try and get some more pics of it up later- but there are a few niggles I wanna sort first, you know- the sort of thing only you notice, but you know they are there so wanna fix it?!

Maybe I'm just going a bit nuts thry sleep deprivation!

Nice car I luv all those bits in the back where did you get them and the driver I want one for my truck .What colour did you paint it, looks like a sky blue.And I agree Lexan I forgive you too. Would like to see pics of the chassis .I know what you mean I was up until 7am doing my Hilux you know its early when the roosters start ....bit worn out ...Good job thou :)

Hey Swarm- Dready made the bits to order- PM him for prices.

The colour is a light baby/ pastel blue. My camera makes it Liliac in some lights though :)

I'll take some more pics over the next few days

Ryan

Looks great, I cant wait to build my CR01 but I have to wait until my Birthday... (Dont want to set a bad example to the children by playing with my present early). The shell looks like it was meant to fit on that chassis. Did you have to change anything on the suspension / mounts to make it fit?

yeah not bad :D

now it needs some mud, or you gonna sell it first!?

Everything is for sale mate :P But I would have to turn a silly profit to face tackling that body or all that threadlock again!

Everything is for sale mate :P But I would have to turn a silly profit to face tackling that body or all that threadlock again!

But it tastes nice....

Looks nice ryan, a yota in a colour that no bodys used yet .

some nice side on shots please.

CAD

Thanks for your comments guys- I will post some more pics up when I happy with the result! Will be detailing the body shortly, as I have the correct paint now. Question- The clear lenses appear to be stuck on- Is this correct?

Thanks for your comments guys- I will post some more pics up when I happy with the result! Will be detailing the body shortly, as I have the correct paint now. Question- The clear lenses appear to be stuck on- Is this correct?

Hi ryan if its the little wing repeaters and the rear quarter ones then yes just put a little glue on the two lugs , and the front indicators need a little just round the edge...

CAD

Ooo,like that colour!

Did you change the settings from the kit settings?

Which settings matey?

wheelbase,rod positions etc.

Nope- Nothing changed apart from the wheels to 1.9s, and the tyres to the larger of 1.9s to fill the arches- I don't like 2.2's on scalers, they look too 'cartoon'

Nice work ryanbored!Could you tell me where you got the driver figure from.Also thanks for your reply to my question the other day about my Toyota land crusier.William.