Sign in to follow this  
Vintagenewbie

Meets In Ny, (brooklyn)

So im giving this another try i havent been here in a while.. Floyd Bennette field guys anyone interested.. Working on a BB right now but we should get something together................... Lets do this thing guys...

Hey man. I'm in Brooklyn. In fact, i was out at floyd this past saturday test running my durga/sidewinder 5700 buggy all over the place. the thing screams. I also caught a nice deep sunburn! haha. Gotta love heatwaves.

anyway, the spot I ran my buggy also had tons and tons of small rocks built up into small mounds which looked like would be perfect for crawling(if anyone in nyc is looking for a spot).

Of course after running the durga i went over and checked out the RC Flight guys. incredible stuff there. Unfortunately, over at the the nitro track was a different story...they had their drivers stand taken down, so they wont be running for a while until they get a new stand.

will

Hey man. I'm in Brooklyn. In fact, i was out at floyd this past saturday test running my durga/sidewinder 5700 buggy all over the place. the thing screams. I also caught a nice deep sunburn! haha. Gotta love heatwaves.

anyway, the spot I ran my buggy also had tons and tons of small rocks built up into small mounds which looked like would be perfect for crawling(if anyone in nyc is looking for a spot).

Of course after running the durga i went over and checked out the RC Flight guys. incredible stuff there. Unfortunately, over at the the nitro track was a different story...they had their drivers stand taken down, so they wont be running for a while until they get a new stand.

will

Where do you run at Floyd Benette? close to the shore or where the RC track is .. I was there on Sat watching the planes.. still have to build my Durga working on restoring a Blitzer Beetle right now.. If we can get a few more people that would be pretty awesome and have an actuall meet.

When I ran my nitro(kyosho RRR) I ran it on the track at floyd. I don't run it anymore because it's too much money to maintain with buying nitro/foams/and spares... Now with the stand down racing seems to be on hold. I used to run my tb02 on that track till the nitro guys started to give the stinkeye at my electric.

I have a couple places where I run my Tamiyas. I live a few blocks from Prospect Park and ran my TB01 on the baseball diamonds and ran the tb02 on the paths in the middle of the park where they repaved last year. I retired the tb01 because of bad clicks coming from the gear boxes. Instead I run the Durga on the diamonds. really great. I've also taken the Blackfoot out for a spin a few times in the park.

At Floyd, I just look for a wide open spot at let 'er rip. Last Week I went to the end of the runway past the ryan center and past where the Pow-Wow was to test my Brushless. It was here where I saw all the great rocks for crawling. I don't know a lot of other areas to run off-road there. I assume there's a beach area to run?

Maybe we were watching the planes at the same time. I was there around noon. i had my Mountain bike(my only mode of transport) with me.

This weekend ill prep some of my cars for next weekend dont have time right now for this weekend I will however stop by FBF if your around Sat I drive a White VW Jetta

Hope to meet you soon

This weekend ill prep some of my cars for next weekend dont have time right now for this weekend I will however stop by FBF if your around Sat I drive a White VW Jetta

Hope to meet you soon

I'm not sure if i'll be at FBF this weekend. I'm waiting for a lipo to be delivered and the balancer next week. Also waiting on some Upgrades for the Durga. Have some shocks coming in. The kit shocks are surprisingly bad. Ones I have seem to leak. I've rebuilt them and they still leak. Didn't have this problem with my touring car stock dampers. very flexy.

Hey!

What no New York representation here?

I might be down at FBF tomorrow. Not sure yet. I'll be at Coney Island for the Mermaid parade and could swing by FBF for a run. Just got all my parts and lipo for my buggy and took it for a run lastnight. the thing is fast.

So any New Yorkers ? I still try to get to FBF as often as possible let me know if you guys are interested...

As a former NY'er (now across the river in NJ) I'd totally be down to run my newly resurrected Blitzer Beetle... I'm in NYC more than home these days anyway....

As a former NY'er (now across the river in NJ) I'd totally be down to run my newly resurrected Blitzer Beetle... I'm in NYC more than home these days anyway....

Have fun you guys. Had I known about this last year when I was in New York, I definitely would have shown up.

Now I'm across that other big river, the Atlantic.

Ozone Park here.

I tried to get a NY bash together some 5 or 6 years ago but had little interest.

Coney Island? FBF? Central Park?

I'll run any time any where.