Sign in to follow this  
dazpt

Df03 Drive Shafts

hi there can any one help im wanting to replace the dog bone drive shafts in my dark impact, is there any aftermarket universals that i can use ,and if so where could i get them

many thanks

Yes there is most likley an aftermarket option part. I would try TC sponsor stella models they have a good range of hotups.

Cheers

Ryck

Yes there is most likley an aftermarket option part. I would try TC sponsor stella models they have a good range of hotups.

Cheers

Ryck

cheers ryck

cheers ryck

im sure someone told me the dfo2 universals will fit ??

rcmart (dinball on ebay) have them. got some 3 racing blue alloy ones on my DI. well worth the investment and cheap from dinball cos its coming from Hong Kong. can't help you with the DF 02 parts sorry. anyone else know? :P

DF02 will fit. Careful as some brands are slightly shorter, can't remember what brand it was though, but they fell out all the time.

Better to look at hardened steel or titanium uni shafts, alloy wears fast in a moving part. It may be lighter but it's more expensive in the long run.

Thundershot hopup uni's (usually for DF01 uni upgrade) also fit.

I have run the GPM (SDF3268) sets in both my DF02 and DF03, Thundershot hopup in my DF01.

Cheers, Mark

The best after market UJ's by far are the 3 Racing ones. I have been using these racing with a 10 double checkpoint motor, as long as you have a slipper fitted you won't have any problems. Some UJ's for the DI are well over priced and a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go 3 Racing everytime.

The best after market UJ's by far are the 3 Racing ones. I have been using these racing with a 10 double checkpoint motor, as long as you have a slipper fitted you won't have any problems. Some UJ's for the DI are well over priced and a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go 3 Racing everytime.

I can't share the same liking of 3Racing parts. Of the few that I have bought they are poorly machined and don't fit correctly. Alloy oil shocks that don't hold oil for a full run, 0.5mm of slop in the shock eyes (alot on 1:35 scale). Titanium turnbuckles that stick to a magnet (3Racing must use a special titanium eh). The driveshafts had more slop than a set of dogbones. The Hot Racing products were poor compared to the quality I'm used to from Tamiya and GPM, but 3Racing made the HR parts look good. Once biten... Twice shy...

Sorry to hijack the thread.

There is another thread here with this exact same subject from about 9 months ago. They listed in there the set that was too short and kept falling out unless you ran insane cambers.

I can't share the same liking of 3Racing parts. Of the few that I have bought they are poorly machined and don't fit correctly. Alloy oil shocks that don't hold oil for a full run, 0.5mm of slop in the shock eyes (alot on 1:35 scale). Titanium turnbuckles that stick to a magnet (3Racing must use a special titanium eh). The driveshafts had more slop than a set of dogbones. The Hot Racing products were poor compared to the quality I'm used to from Tamiya and GPM, but 3Racing made the HR parts look good. Once biten... Twice shy...

Sorry to hijack the thread.

There is another thread here with this exact same subject from about 9 months ago. They listed in there the set that was too short and kept falling out unless you ran insane cambers.

I have heard horror stories of 3 Racing stuff, BUT I must say nearly all the stuff I have had was excellent - must just be me then cos it's mostly all been good. I say mostly as the Titainium is the wrong colour and suspicially magnetic yes. Camber - yes - insane no. You should always run negative camber on any buggy. The UJ's I have had, - 5 sets for various cars have all been top notch! All my stuff was for the DF03 and it all fits perfectly.

Link to the thread. 3Racing ones seem to be ok here as many use them without issue.