Sign in to follow this  
Swarm

1/14 Truck Coupler For Truck Trailer

Hi guys

My 1/14 Truck question do I need a servo for the Trailer coupler ? if Iam installing the motorised legs as that has a servo to if you lower the legs on the Trailer they will lift the truck so one would assume that the servo for the coupler would not be needed but used on the motorised legs instead is this right ? the Instructions are rather grey in this area .Thanx guys

I managed to sort it out the motorised support unit has the complete coupler in it as well which incorporates the servo ...

Stuart

You need an extra servo to operate the coupler. That is not included with neither the MFU nor the motorized support legs. I assume you already have the MFU?

The motorized support legs include the hardware for the truck to set it up for servo assisted decoupling. The parts that go onto the trailer allows for raising and lowering the legs (all but the pole trailer). You still need a servo to open/close the coupler. This servo also activates a push rod in the fifth wheel that in turn activates the micro switches on the trailer that lowers/raises the legs.

You need an extra servo to operate the coupler. That is not included with neither the MFU nor the motorized support legs. I assume you already have the MFU?

The motorized support legs include the hardware for the truck to set it up for servo assisted decoupling. The parts that go onto the trailer allows for raising and lowering the legs (all but the pole trailer). You still need a servo to open/close the coupler. This servo also activates a push rod in the fifth wheel that in turn activates the micro switches on the trailer that lowers/raises the legs.

Hi mate yes I got the MFU unit and everything else that goes with the Truck I have figgured it out as far as the 3 servo's go I just did not open the motorised legs box yet but once I did the pieces fell into place its all good the rig is coming along nicely have to put the thinking cap on in places but it wouldnt be a challenge if that wasent the case.

I will post pics on here if she ever gets finished (got the daughter coming home to live for a while and she wants a build of something so brought 2 Volkswagons so we can build them together piece by piece as it her first build)

I hope she appreciates my Truck will have to be put aside for a while when we do the Beetle's but its all good if you could do a kit in oneday it would be no fun I think I prefer to take my time . I have 2 NIB on there way to me from the land of Tamiya and 3 more builds coming from within Australia and a runner already built coming in the post (for my daughter to bash around) I need a bigger house :) . Thanx for your reply I appreciate it all the best.

Stuart