Sign in to follow this  
irenL

@12r

I have an @12R which I'm thinking of dropping a mini brushless into... it's a 2wd direct drive 1/12 car with 4 wheel independent suspension.

Do you think the drivetrain will survive a mini brushless?

Or would it simply be too nice to mess up?

I was considering getting a GB-01, being that it's newer and has oil shockers available, but the @12R was sitting around collecting dust.

I wish my @12 got oil shockers listed under its' optional parts list. I'm currently looking through mini-z parts bin to find 4 oil dampers that'll fit.

I might, just might though, drop in the brushless into the solid axle version (AKA @12S), as i can still find them online, and buying 2 at once is not out of the question either, since the R version is a bit rare...

In modena 360 format, it has a wheelbase of 220mm (medium for this chassis), and a width of 170mm.

Oh, and I want to know how many turns the stock receiver/esc combo can handle, if i stick with brushed motor instead.

I've just gotten my Casltecreations Sidewinder Micro and I'm very pleased with it (the new Mamba25). AU$115 inc postage from the US. It's quite powerful but it can be tamed to be very docile by using a high voltage cutoff so you could put it in almost anything.

So far I've run it in the Nikko Venus without shreading the very old gearbox. 9.6v with a low voltage cutoff of 8.0v which limits punch alot. The top speed is still there and it flies (too fast for friction dampers). I've run it in the Micro RS4, set it up nice and high for this chassis, it loved it. Drift on rubber tyres without trying.

If I got a Tam-Tech this would be the motor/esc combo I would fit to it. Still considering a Mini-Fox, would rather have a 1:10 re-re though.

Cheers, Mark