Sign in to follow this  
Dephcon5

Finally! The Mkv

There's a Golf GTi in my neighborhood that looks incredible. looks like it's tuned too.

There's a Golf GTi in my neighborhood that looks incredible. looks like it's tuned too.

Where in Bklyn?

Where in Bklyn?

Park Slope. Love looking at the grill. good looking car.

Tamiya finally releases my second fav 1:1 manufacturer and my daily driver the GTI MKV

I thought it would never get here!!!

its still not out yet bro... another FOUR WEEKS! :blink:

I have always been into muscle cars but those golfs are crazy fast. here is my friends he has about so much money in it. scares the you know what out of me.

More info \/

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389842

2hekenm.jpg

Dyno Video http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2389842/2

Bragging Rights

* Top Speed198 mph

* HP399

* Weight 2800 lbs

Modifications

Performance Parts

* Custom Exhaust

* JE Pistons Engine Comps.

* Custom Perf. Chip

* GReddy Engine Electronics

* Bilstein Shocks

* Neuspeed Strut Bars

From 1991-1993 I had a 1985 Golf that was a hand-me-down from my dad. It was many things, but with 85 hp, fast was not one of them.

Still, I miss that little car. And I always loved the shape of the taillights. Why did Tamiya skip the Mk2? They hit every other version.

I prefer the Mk.I or Mk.IV Golf, but Tamiya did a very good job on the Mk.V with those light buckets :blink:

I thought for a long time about making a rally version of the Golf IV... There is a Golf IV R32 that was converted a 4WD rally car, but the body is hard to find NIB... And now I am not sure what to do... Take the SX4 and use it for running or get a Golf V body and make a rally paint scheme on it...?

i do hope this gets a release over here in england as i would love one! i am a huge fan of everything vw. drive one, work for them, go to meets, and most of my mates own at least one!

missed opportunity for me tho is a lupo shell or kit, based on a gti (the car i own and love to bits!) would be perfect on a fwd chassis too......

few pics of my car

P151207_0814.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

wonder how long i'll have to wait for a uk release of the golf kit then.......lol!!!

i do hope this gets a release over here in england as i would love one! i am a huge fan of everything vw. drive one, work for them, go to meets, and most of my mates own at least one!

missed opportunity for me tho is a lupo shell or kit, based on a gti (the car i own and love to bits!) would be perfect on a fwd chassis too......

few pics of my car

wonder how long i'll have to wait for a uk release of the golf kit then.......lol!!!

If you can't wait, you can always see if you can make a deal with someone in the US who buys it for you and then ships it :D