Sign in to follow this  
Yangtao

Cr01 Building Problem, It Can't Be......

On the way of buiding my CR01, I met a problem never happened to Tamiya parts

If you had a manual pls refer to page 14, step 24, fitting BD7 the 2415 bearing to sun gear

the problem is the inner dia. didnot fit, and it ended up with the sungear protruded its gear box so you can not close it with motor plate...

I then measured the dia. of the neck that accepts bearing =15~15.1mm, 2415 bearing has a 15mm inner dia.... there is no way they could fit eachother...I coundn't believe my eyes as it never exist in my building experience (of Tamiya kits)

I had to sand it off little by little to make it right...So it is me only, or, you had the same problem?

9bafa3cf.jpg

30d5fb3c.jpg

My gearbox went together very smoothly, I didn't have to "modify" anything at all.

Looks like you have one of the rare mis-fitting parts.

If I remember correctly. That bearing needs a little hand tight fitting to sit properly inside when I was building mine.

Thanks mates

Yes it was too squeezy to sit the bearing in, almost no possible in my case

Just can't figure out, If mine were the only case, why the batch-produced sun gear part has a tolerance so different....

I met a problem never happened to Tamiya parts.

When making a Gravel Hound I encounted a problem. The centre drivshaft connects to the front diff pinion via part E2. This is shaft with a cup on one end while the other end has a slot to accept the pinion gear. I was unable to fit part E2 as it was too long, it was amost as long as E3 (same, but for the rear and also accepts the spur gear). I had to cut the shaft shorter and grind the slot again. When this sprue was moulded the metal shaft was not set deep enough into the plastic cup. It took me a long time to realise it was not something I had done wrong, rather a mistake made by Tamiya.