monster_beetle

Tamiya To Release Unimog On Cr-01 Chassis

Thats excellent! I was tempted by the land cruiser, but didn't really like the shell. I think this combination works much better giving the design of the chassis and size of the wheels.

Nice job tamiya!

interesting choice of shell, would never have guessed that in a hurry

Hmm, I really like both bodies. But I think the unimog will look a bit better on 1,9's with some big tires. However the more I look at this, the more I like it with this wheels...

Yep add that to the list of must get I drove one of these when I was in the Army a few modifications (Canvas sides ) machine gun turret,winch and a cammoflague Paint job will do nicely, thanx Tamiya :blink:

Stuart

My father had the real thing but sold it about ten years ago. It was orange though.

I would love to buy the model, but I believe these retail to a rather high price considering these don't have three-speed gear boxes like the High-Lift or the King Hauler.

I'll whisper it cos I may be the only one that doesn't like this body? Lexan Unimog?! That would never work. In ABS then BRING IT ON! But seeing as it's a "crawler" then I guess lexan it is.

I'll whisper it cos I may be the only one that doesn't like this body? Lexan Unimog?! That would never work. In ABS then BRING IT ON! But seeing as it's a "crawler" then I guess lexan it is.

Ryan Whispering theres a first!

I concure too, that rear bed is not very Nice at all.

Of all the bodyshells they could have done :)

Sorry folks, but I vote no. Just look at the Unimog put out by Dickie (sorry if I have gotten the name wrong) where several TC members used the XC chassis under the body with nice results.

I am not a crawler fan so only hard body will do it for me most of the time. May Tamiya can improve the body by adding some ABS parts like with the Fiat Abrath or Advan Porsche.

I quite like it, agreed a hard body would be better especially for the rear bed. The 2.2 tyres actually look ok on this unlike the monster truck look of the Toyota. Not sure I'd buy one, but it does at least now have possibilities beyond a pair of axles and a transmission.

Not sure I like it personally. I always liked the square-bodied Unimogs but that roundie one doesn't look great, and the rear bed is kinda ugly. Still, it could be improved with a matt-finish camo paint job and a canvas cover on the rear.

Will wait until there are more pics before making my mind up for sure, but probably out of my price range anyway, I was shocked when I found out the price of the Yota in my LHS...

I wasnt gonna say nothing but now when Im not first : Why a Unimog ??? I understand Mr T cant do just any body out there due to corp.rights but a Unimog ?? Sure there MUST have been a lot of moore relevant bodies for a crawler !! This will NOT be seen in my collection. Sorry,Im a grumpy ol man :unsure:

I don't know what it is, but so far I see Tamiya as 0-for-2 as far as the CR-01 goes. Somehow, the dimensions never seem right. Maybe the wheels are too big, or the chassis's too short, or the body's mounted too high, or something! The CR-01 just doesn't look right to me (the price is ridiculous, too).

blame the price of oil! must be a whole barrelful per CR01, its plastics are pretty chunky heavy

I've gotta say i like the uni mog, and it might sound anti American (i'm not being though) but for us over here in Europe who rarely see one of your oversized trucks on our roads, this i can relate to, the council use them, the forestry commission too, and is in fact used a lot in off road trial driving with very succesful results as it is just about the most unbeatable off road production vehicle ever made, in the history of the world parts I, II & III evar!!1 :P

Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VmwbdDqQJ4

and this

For a lexan shell i think it's pretty good on the detail front

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/news/news0809/pimg.htm

mmm, I am surprised there is no RC version of the Unimog off-center axles.....unless one of you smarties know of one?

This is not fair,

i really... really promiced myself not to buy any more new kits for a while.

To first build what i had already collected.

And .. they bring out this nice one.

There goes the good intentions :rolleyes:

I've gotta say i like the uni mog, and it might sound anti American (i'm not being though) but for us over here in Europe who rarely see one of your oversized trucks on our roads, this i can relate to, the council use them, the forestry commission too, and is in fact used a lot in off road trial driving with very succesful results as it is just about the most unbeatable off road production vehicle ever made, in the history of the world parts I, II & III evar!!1

I agree with you and think the Unimog is excellent news! However, if you look at how much use an offroader has been put into in real life the Unimog is probably beaten by the Landrover Defender, right? And there is still no Tamiya Landrover Defender... :D

My Unimog is on the way! does anyone already know the the PS colour codes for boxart paintscheme?

thanks