scoobyryan

Twin Motor Esc

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any good twin motor esc's apart from the normal tamiya one

i've also seen that you can get a 14.4v one but if i do get a 14.4v one do i need to do anything else to the truck? and does it make it any quicker etc.?

Thanks in advance

Scoobyryan

Hi,

Can anyone suggest any good twin motor esc's apart from the normal tamiya one

i've also seen that you can get a 14.4v one but if i do get a 14.4v one do i need to do anything else to the truck? and does it make it any quicker etc.?

Thanks in advance

Scoobyryan

I've used the Silver Star Ultra in several cars including 3 crawlers and it's proven to be excellent. Used it with 27t standard motors, 23t TZ motors and 45t Lathe motors with no issues.

You need to watch going 14.4v unless you get proper 14.4v motors (Traxxas Titan 21t, HPI Savage motors etc). Using any 7.2v motors will drastically reduce their lifespan. For laughs standard silver cans on 14.4v are amusing, but after 3 - 4 hard runs they are pretty shot.

Hope it helps

Steve

I recommend the Mtroniks Super E Truck esc.

It can run from 7.2 volts up to 14.4. Its fully water proof, 2x 11 turn motor limit at 7.2 volts and had reverse and brake light outputs.

I run mine at 14.4 volts with 2 HPI 550 motors, it doesn't even get warm :D

you can use the esc from a traxxas emaxx and you don't have to use 14.4 volts either. they offer a little jumper that hooks up where the 2nd battery connects and it just loops the current back in a dead end to the esc so you have only one battery at 7.2 volts connected. it is a traxxas product, but you could make your own. if traxxas sells it then it can't be bad for the esc or they wouldn't do it.

personally, i looked into twin motor esc units once and i think the Mtroniks is probably the best deal like mymonsterbeetleisbroken says. i bought the teu-103 and it is ok, but has its limits and isn't waterproof. might have been better to spend a bit more to get a bit more if you know what i mean. B)

I also use the Silverstar Ultra that Lemming suggested. I used to have it on one of my Daggers and it was brilliant - forwards and reverse and it could handle two 17t motors. It runs off one battery - so 7.2v. The only thing is that it only comes with one pair of motor connectors so you have to make up a Y-lead to cope with both motors. You can see how I did it on my Dagger here - http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...004175715_6.jpg

I've just obught another one to use on my Dual Hunter and am going to wire it up tomorrow so hopefully I can get some more detailed pictures for you soon.

thanks for all your help.

i'm looking on ebay to see if i can get one cheaper as i dont have enough money at the moment to buy one new.

I also use the Silverstar Ultra that Lemming suggested. I used to have it on one of my Daggers and it was brilliant - forwards and reverse and it could handle two 17t motors. It runs off one battery - so 7.2v. The only thing is that it only comes with one pair of motor connectors so you have to make up a Y-lead to cope with both motors. You can see how I did it on my Dagger here - http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...004175715_6.jpg

I've just obught another one to use on my Dual Hunter and am going to wire it up tomorrow so hopefully I can get some more detailed pictures for you soon.

sweet is that a standard twin engine if not how did you do it?