iceboxdesserts

Nib Dyna Blaster

Hi friends...i have a treasure here to let go. A Tamiya Dyna Blaster that has been left in my shelf for the past 12 years. It's untouched and opened.

Everything is intact:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Joe...Dynablaster.jpg

How much do you think it's worth?

Singapore friends pls sms me at +65 96911338

Overseas friends please email me: sinisteral@hotmail.com

I welcome bids for the item.

It's obviously not worth much.

I'll give you $100, if you pay for shipping?

:D

If you get it - are you going to build it? Make sure you do one of your build threads if you do...

May be interested. How much including shipping to the UK?

Matt

If you get it - are you going to build it? Make sure you do one of your build threads if you do...

OK, Done. :blink:

Doesn't look like its still for sale....no replies!

... I welcome bids for the item.

how about i open bidding at $50 with self collect <_<

+++

> From: us_support@tamiya.com

> To: sinisteral@hotmail.com

> Subject: RE: TAMIYAUSA.COM - Customer Service Request

> Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:55:36 -0700

>

> Dear Tamiya Customer,

>

> Unfortunately we have no appraisal procedures, the MSRP was $347.00.

>

> Tamiya America

> Customer Service

+++

It most definitely can't be worth anything less than USD347.

So, all the 50-100 bids are basically trying their luck? Or they're taking advantage of the ignorant?

I really don't see it depreciating. Nor do i see it grossly appreciating to astronomical values.

Meanwhile, i welcome more serious bids. Thanks.

Me and Willy were definitely pulling your leg, but I think Corpsey is serious...

Me and Willy were definitely pulling your leg, but I think Corpsey is serious...

Yep, I'm serious.

Give me a figure....I can only say yes or no :blink:

It most definitely can't be worth anything less than USD347.

So, all the 50-100 bids are basically trying their luck? Or they're taking advantage of the ignorant?

I really don't see it depreciating. Nor do i see it grossly appreciating to astronomical values.

Meanwhile, i welcome more serious bids. Thanks.

brudda, if you've got a figure in mind then WHY BE WASTING TIME with this "make a bid" bu115h1te, just postup the price your're asking... or stick it on fleaBay if you want to auction

dunno about GruntF but i'm totally serious whenevey i make any offer...

yes including i personally come pickup! ;)

As for MSRP... who cares, so what??

Take for eg current item #58407, its MSRP US$247 at TAMIYA AMERICA

But anyone can buy it for Streetprice US$169 at TOWER HOBBIES,

(even less when you use their Tower discount codes, can get like $25 off on top)

32% off $347 = $234

with TDC $234 - $25 = $209

btw ... the kit's JPYen price is LISTED ON THE KITBOX anyway, typically japanese streetprice is like 30-40% OFF the printed JPY RRP.

30-40% off $347 = $208-$242

Your one, the box top is damaged... maybe rating 8/10 to a kitbox collector.

Also storage in tropical heat often bad for the tyres & rubber o-rings in the kit.

I like the Dyna Blaster, its one of the nicer trucks. Slipper clutch, nice shocks - even has spaces for ballbearings in the hingepins.

Not the most interesting subject for Build Chronicles imho... got a newbuilt sitting right here... ;) ...Corpsey you want?? offers invited :)

Not the most interesting subject for Build Chronicles imho... got a newbuilt sitting right here... :P ...Corpsey you want?? offers invited :o

Only if you take it apart, de-paint the body and whack it back in the box! :D

Cash waiting.....cash, cash mate....cash. :P

Jason sells 58407 for $112, another $50 less.

Paul.

Yes you're right that the box has some slight defacement.

I can only base it on MSRP because it's the only substantial evident of how much it could be worth.

Then there's Willy's streetvalue etc theory.

Only Matt has emailed me with some numbers here and there.

And willy, to avoid getting flamed and fked for a topic i'm not very good at, that's why i didn't place a number. For eg, if i put usd1000 here, then what? Someone like your goodself will just come in and lynch me or something. I didn't come here to make enemies.

You'd like to fly to Singapore to collect?

I just didn't expect the USD50-100 bids that's all. No offense to anyone.

dude, no offence but you've gone from kia-su to kia-se.. :o

if you've had a look thru the TC for-sale threads... most "make an offer" ads don't get good responses,

you'd hear mostly from scavengers preying to pickup a lowball buy. Life works both ways i guess.

Some others put up a "What's it Worth" thread instead if just checking the market, again with varying results.

Alternately you could post up a price... if its too high = no response until you find someone desperate enough.

Too low = it'll be sold quick. In the middle you risk a buyer who's impossible to please.... but hey that's life.

Best bet is fleaBay if you want to "maximise" value.

Trouble is with a Dyna Blaster... imho its not the most sought-after kit.

Nice design chassis but shared with Dyna Storm (which got re-released so values are down),

bodyshell is 'generic' and used on other later kits so its not hard to find a new unpainted shell today.

Wheels also still plentiful, LHS has tons & i've been buying them for silly projects.

Yeah flying up to SG in August. Time to fillup on good food again... your nick reminding me of aiskrim potong. :P

Might try to find time to catchup with some of the sgdrift fellas too.

Changster...ok. Thanks much for your opinions.

Kia Si? Si = death?

No, not afraid. It's already sat in cabinet for more than a decade. Almost forgot about it!

Anyhoo, fleabay sounds good. i posted there before. Then also not sure what kind of reserve price to put.

ya take a chance on fleaBay if you don't mind their fees

or make an offer to Corpse Thrower... that fella got too much money than he know what to do with imho :D

or make an offer to Corpse Thrower... that fella got too much money than he know what to do with imho :lol:

Yep, all sitting here doing nothing :lol: Big massive pile. Actually have to push some out of the way to see the computer screen.

You want a bit of it, Dynablaster-man? :lol:

Hahaha.

You're right about the 'offer' threads not getting good responses. Simply because i really didn't know how to value it.

I'll throw out a figure: USD1000

I can smell the flames coming, but it's the last one in the world!

Am I drunk? The last post was 2008 :)

This isn't the last one, I have two, one in shrink wrap.

Still looking to sell then?

P.

hahahaha, think we've got to know Paul too well :)

gee, thinking back - a heap has happened since mid 2008 huh?

like Bear Sterns & the whole Global Financial Crisis = Temasek losing 200% of GDP

Obama

re-re'd Rough Rider & Sand Scorcher

If anyone could have predicted that trifecta, that'd be worth 10,000:1 odds imho

Hahaha.

You're right about the 'offer' threads not getting good responses. Simply because i really didn't know how to value it.

I'll throw out a figure: USD1000

I can smell the flames coming, but it's the last one in the world!

Last one in the world my corpulent bot-bot.

You still selling? I'm still keen to buy.....give me a figure, and not a silly one.