Sign in to follow this  
Hanny

Newbie Girl!

Hey All!

I am a new girl to the world of Tamiya...I thought I would say hello! I am currently doing my first build, a VW Beetle M 04L Chassis. I am building it bit by bit with my Step Dad, who you all know as Swarm. He is building his very own VW Beetle in order to teach me. Im thinking of doing it Box Art, which has caused him to think of new colours for his own. :unsure: Any ideas to help us out....What colour are your Beetle's?

What other body fits the Beetle Chassis?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks ;)

OMG - it's a hostile takeover!!! ;)

Only joking - welcome to the club!

As far as painting goes - something that often works well is to take a complete colour and decal scheme from another model and transplant it onto yours... There are lots of examples in the showrooms, although I can't find any at the moment... :unsure:

OMG a hostile take over is right ....Welcome to TC o Daughter of mine yeah she stole my box art design for my Beetle ...This was my hobby now the wife is out numbered ;) ..Good work Hanny now we can get more NiB's you go Girl :P ..I know your addicted to Tamiya I can see you 1 metre away from me pressing F5 refreshing every few seconds .... :unsure:

Stuart

HAHAHAHAHAHA We will take tc by storm, welcome, glad to see we are growing in numbers, he he

Angel xxxx

the next step is to change the forum from blue to pink !!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Welcome BTW! How about a "hippie" wagon with a load of flowers over it? Do them in different coloured vinyl (Really cheap on the bay) and you can peel it off if you don't like it!

Hi welcome to TC

I have a soft spot for Beetles too...Good luck with it.

Welcome to TC, Swarm's Daughter :unsure:

Taliesin will have more dresses to try on haha, oh there I go again I forgot your a boxers man !!

Welcome Newbie Girl :unsure:

Box art is a great way to start and gives you some experience at painting. I kinda like the flower power, hippie art idea too. The decals should be easy to find. I've also seen a lime green with yellow & black highlights that was a stunner.

the next step is to change the forum from blue to pink !!!!!!

Hehe, but there I see a problem for the girls. As I am afraid the guys won't show up anymore, and where do you get your info then? :unsure:

I fancy doing a VW Beetle but for the paint scheme I want to do it in Euro Style. Primer Red all over and cut roughly round the edge to make it look like its started to rust, If you know what i mean.

My first RC was a VW Beetle and the guy I bought it off painted it by brush and it made a marble effect which looked amazing but as he used the wrong paint it just peeled off :unsure:

THANKS GUYS FOR THE WARM WELCOME!

I CHECKED OUT ALL THE LINKS YOU GUYS LEFT, WHICH HAS GIVEN ME MANY IDEAS FOR THE PAINT WORK!

I WILL DEFINITLEY LET YOU KNOW WHEN I HAVE MADE A DECISION AND WILL BE SURE TO POST MANY PICTURES OF THE END PRODUCT! :unsure:

That looks cool.....and the matt primer red would look great! <_<

Im a member of a VW club so have seen some amazing looking VWs, if you give me a second Ill find a link to my old Mardave V12 I had in primer red

Here you go, the detail on this shell isnt as good as the Tamiya ones but you can see how the colour looks

beetle.jpg

OMG a hostile take over is right ....Welcome to TC o Daughter of mine yeah she stole my box art design for my Beetle ...This was my hobby now the wife is out numbered ;) ..Good work Hanny now we can get more NiB's you go Girl :P ..I know your addicted to Tamiya I can see you 1 metre away from me pressing F5 refreshing every few seconds .... <_<

Stuart

what have you done?getting the poor lass hooked on this lark.still building one to show her is a good enough excuse though :D

Geez 2 pages already wear a skirt on and watch the replies roll in (Maybe I should start wearing a skirt again)...Oops did I just type that in instead of just thinking about it ...a homer moment <_< .....she is a cool daughter Iam proud of her ...but just remember guys Iam her moderator :D

I even have the rocking chair and shotgun on the verandah for all you guys who come a callin you must past the 20 point answer questionarre ..Question 1 is how many Tamiya's do you own ,Question 2 how many Tamiya NiB's will be included in the Doury payment and one must be a NiB sand scorcher ;) .....Its all good guys Iam just glad she has taken an interest in the Hobby thanx for giving her a warm welcome ...Cheers for now :P

Stuart