Sign in to follow this  
Hanny

Newbie Girl!

herbie_replica.jpg

That is what you should go for Hanny!!!

The love bug Herbie!!!

My fav beetle!!!

Badboy

Hi guys I thought I would put some pictures of my first Build my VW chassis .And like I said IT WORKS :D IT ACTUALLY WORKS no string needed to pull it along Iam currently working on cutting out the body very carefully :mellow: .But Swarm is helping me out .If I make a mistake I will just swap it with his VW body also is a picture of both our VW chassis completed can you tell which one is mine :P .Hanny

Hannah_and_My_VW_Beetle_chassis_014.JPG

Hannah_and_My_VW_Beetle_chassis_009.JPG

Hannah_and_My_VW_Beetle_chassis_002.JPG

post-26198-1216541636.jpg

post-26198-1216541665.jpg

post-26198-1216541753.jpg

Hi guys I thought I would put some pictures of my first Build my VW chassis .And like I said IT WORKS :D IT ACTUALLY WORKS no string needed to pull it along Iam currently working on cutting out the body very carefully :mellow: .But Swarm is helping me out .If I make a mistake I will just swap it with his VW body also is a picture of both our VW chassis completed can you tell which one is mine :P .Hanny

Very nice you are doing us girls proud, let me know how the body goes as ive got to cut one out soon, what do you use, hobby knife ect ???

Very nice you are doing us girls proud, let me know how the body goes as ive got to cut one out soon, what do you use, hobby knife ect ???

Hi Angel

Hannah said thanx for your comment.

As to what type of tools you use to cut out your bodies I use a pair of good strong scissors ,curved scissors, and a very very sharp hobby knife (please dont cut any body parts or fingers off this is also a disclaimer :mellow: )and I use a Dremel tool with a disc cutter attached sometimes (Google if you dont know what they are).When using the hobby knife again very very sharp new balde I go over the body in small sections etching it with the hobby knife usually have to go over it 2 or 3 times maybe more depending on the pressure you are using go over the same original line you cut etched into your body Dont use your hobby knife like a saw this will only result in you going too far with the hobby knife and cutting into your lexan body then its bin time for that body and back onto ebay for another :D .Patience helps in cutting out a lexan body small cuts with the scissors or hobby knife will result in a better finish you can always tidy up the body when its cut out .I usually find doing mine in small stages is best as you can sometimes concentrate too much and loose your focus on the job its best then to have a break do something else for a spell .Stuart

PS:I saw you signed up to become a full member may I be the first person to welcome you aboard get soe pics of your brothers old car in your showroom I still havent seen it :P ..Take care Stuart