Sign in to follow this  
Hanny

Newbie Girl!

Its ok, Im in the uk so the shotgun wont reach <_< She looks rather nice aswell :D

Always happy to help a pretty lady

Hehe, but there I see a problem for the girls. As I am afraid the guys won't show up anymore, and where do you get your info then? <_<

Yeah Jules never thought about that, have I told you I love the colour blue, makes the forum look real nice.

Geez 2 pages already wear a skirt on and watch the replies roll in (Maybe I should start wearing a skirt again)...Oops did I just type that in instead of just thinking about it ...a homer moment <_< .....she is a cool daughter Iam proud of her ...but just remember guys Iam her moderator :D

I even have the rocking chair and shotgun on the verandah for all you guys who come a callin you must past the 20 point answer questionarre ..Question 1 is how many Tamiya's do you own ,Question 2 how many Tamiya NiB's will be included in the Doury payment and one must be a NiB sand scorcher ;) .....Its all good guys Iam just glad she has taken an interest in the Hobby thanx for giving her a warm welcome ...Cheers for now :P

Stuart

I should get past the moderator ok, he he stuart

hey swarm, i got dibs on angel's pink size 10 dress, but if you trade me some tamiya parts i would be willing to pass it on. <_<

Inspiration for you.

post-18200-1216038616.jpg

Would take some masking :D

To get it as wobbly as theirs? <_<

hey swarm, i got dibs on angel's pink size 10 dress, but if you trade me some tamiya parts i would be willing to pass it on. <_<

does it have flowers on it ?

and what parts do you want ?

finally is the dress a NiB ?

:D

Stuart

Welcome to the hobby <_< To keep the topic a bit RC-ish, you chose a nice starter car, I have two M02's, they are great fun and I think the M04 won't be a lesser chassis.

About the paint scheme for the shell, I'd start with something simple for the first time. If you expect to much of the paintjob/scheme the first time you might end up with a disappointing result :D

Hey I only bought that last week

does it have flowers on it ?

and what parts do you want ?

finally is the dress a NiB ?

<_<

Stuart

No its pink with white spots and its been worn once.

How about that for a beetle paint job

Welcome to the hobby <_< To keep the topic a bit RC-ish, you chose a nice starter car, I have two M02's, they are great fun and I think the M04 won't be a lesser chassis.

About the paint scheme for the shell, I'd start with something simple for the first time. If you expect to much of the paintjob/scheme the first time you might end up with a disappointing result :D

Your right its going too O/T

Iam doing the build with Hanny I got x2 beetle's to do we are doing them piece by piece together and she likes box art its pretty simple she has seen some of the more complicated colour schemes and she found them a bit complicated. I have tried to encourage her to keep it simple and on her next build maybe to be a bit more daring as she will gain more confidence I have an old body laying around so she can practice spraying on that to get the feel and judge the distance and strokes .So far she is doing really well at the build Iam quite suprised actually as she seems to be a natural she has patience and listens and watches taking a keen interest when she has had enough for the night she does something else (the old saying you cant flog a dead horse) and I dont want her to find the build a chore so we are just taking our time ...Thanx for bringing us back down to earth after all its all about the hobby ....Cheers

Stuart

Hey Hanny!

If I ever get a NIB Sand Scorcher I'll sell it to ya!!!

Just so you can get you ol'da of!!! <_<:D;):P

How 'bout that Swarm? :lol:

Badbadbadboy

Hey Hanny!

If I ever get a NIB Sand Scorcher I'll sell it to ya!!!

Just so you can get you ol'da of!!! <_<:D;):P

How 'bout that Swarm? :lol:

Badbadbadboy

Ohh yes please o please ill be a good boy opps I mean Bad

Teach her everything I know > does the Iam not worthy sign >bows ;)

Stuart

Thanks again guys!

It's nice to know my loving Step Dad is trying to trade me off whilst I am offline....jks! :)

A Sand Scorcher is all he seems to talk about these days!

He is a very good teacher though, I am a person with no patience and I expected to get frustrated with the Beetle by now, but so far so good. I am hoping to catch on quickly as I have another build on the way.

Hanny and I finished our Beetle chassis tonight, we went out tonight to test them she was real carefull as she knows now what it takes to do a build now..I on the other hand was fanging mine :rolleyes::P ...now she is worried about cutting out the body ..but its her baby as she has a BMW Z4 to do next so get used to cutting that lexan out girl ..Iam sure I will end up cutting it out .I wont say anymore about the build as Iam sure Hanny wants to post pics and talk about the build ...Needless to say Iam rather impressed with the M-04L chassis and motor it screams ;) ...Cheers

Stuart

Hanny and I finished our Beetle chassis tonight, we went out tonight to test them she was real carefull as she knows now what it takes to do a build now..I on the other hand was fanging mine :rolleyes::P ...now she is worried about cutting out the body ..but its her baby as she has a BMW Z4 to do next so get used to cutting that lexan out girl ..Iam sure I will end up cutting it out .I wont say anymore about the build as Iam sure Hanny wants to post pics and talk about the build ...Needless to say Iam rather impressed with the M-04L chassis and motor it screams ;) ...Cheers

Stuart

I always use a dremel for the precision work. If you have one, might be worth learning her to use it? It's just so much easier doing the wheelarches with a dremel :P For straight lines a knife or scissors is more efficient though...

I always use a dremel for the precision work. If you have one, might be worth learning her to use it? It's just so much easier doing the wheelarches with a dremel :P For straight lines a knife or scissors is more efficient though...

Yer I got me one of those but need new bits for it ,Thanx for reminding me onto ebay pull credit card out lets go shopping again... while the wife is asleep the boy will play :rolleyes: I ordered heat shrink tubing last night when she was asleep when they arrive I will tell her I brought her some pretty drinking straws I think I got some pink ones too :P;)

Stuart

Yer I got me one of those but need new bits for it ,Thanx for reminding me onto ebay pull credit card out lets go shopping again... while the wife is asleep the boy will play :rolleyes: I ordered heat shrink tubing last night when she was asleep when they arrive I will tell her I brought her some pretty drinking straws I think I got some pink ones too :P;)

Stuart

Glad Hanny is enjoying her vm beetle, its funny what men get up to when us women are asleep :P

IT WORKS EVERYBODY! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!

Before last night I had visions of having to attach a string to the chassis so I could pull it along and pretend it worked! Now my mind is at ease because my Beetle actually works! Im sure you guys were all just as excited when you finished your first build. Although I now realise my work is far from over. I am beginning to have doubts over how good my cutting skills actually are. I guess only time will tell, at least I have Stuart to help as I am sure I will need a great deal of help to carry out this task!

I am glad to hear we are inspiring others to take on a Beetle build. The M-04L Chassis seems to have a bit of power within it, even though I am too scared to test its full capabilities for fear of crashing it!

I now have a great appreciation for the time and effort it takes to complete a build and I understand the reluctance to want to drive it once it is complete. I just don't want to crash!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

YES IT DOES WORK HANNY !!!!

I was just ouside running mine wanted to get the Grease worked in ..And who should appear walking her Jack Russells None other than the........ SCARED WEIRD LITTLE LADY ...Thats what we call her around these parts dunno her name she just stood there with her dogs saying LOOK CRAIG (Guess its her Dogs name) LOOK CRAIG ...COME BACK CRAIG... COME BACK CRAIG ...COME BACK..I was thinking COME CLOSER CRAIG COME CLOSER MY PRETTY ... :lol:

I noticed the Beetle on the open road tends to very touchy on the steering just a nudge and she was doing Doughnuts :lol: .Maybe it was the road it isnt the best road kinda rough loose tar stones might be because of the low ground clearance..anyone else notice the touchy steering ?Cheers

Stuart

Hey Im glad it worked ok Hanny, should be starting my build soon but its just me and the dog, dont think the dog will be much help.

IT WORKS EVERYBODY! IT ACTUALLY WORKS!

Well done! The body is where the real fun starts. Have fun running it Hanny.

I noticed the Beetle on the open road tends to very touchy on the steering just a nudge and she was doing Doughnuts .Maybe it was the road it isnt the best road kinda rough loose tar stones might be because of the low ground clearance..

I can just see you out there now with the yard broom sweeping all the little rocks off the street to run the onroads. (Shhh... I've done it and gotten those strange looks from the neighbours) LOL

Well done! The body is where the real fun starts. Have fun running it Hanny.

I can just see you out there now with the yard broom sweeping all the little rocks off the street to run the onroads. (Shhh... I've done it and gotten those strange looks from the neighbours) LOL

lol @ Mark, the things we have to do