methink all photo comp entries should be "fresh"... ie taken during the comp period, not trawled up from one's photo collection

Not sure about this one personally. Seems a bit unfair to people who can't get out and run their cars that often.

Being married, looking after a 2 year old and maybe only able to take the cars out once a month would then preclude me from entering pretty much any comp...

There have been some superb idea's bandied about on here. Even some I would be able to enter (bearing in mind that all my cars are runners). No NIB, Shelf Queen, New Built etc. Only ever built 2 cars from new as finances simply don't stretch that far.

As long as the ideas were cycled then everyone could enter something once in a while. For example, the "best X scheme" ones would work for shelf queen owners (but not bashers) whilst the "best action" type ones would work for bashers (but not shelf queen owners). Would work well if it was kept on top of for rotation.

You definitely can't please everyone all the time, but alternating would make it fair overall. :P

As usual, just my thoughts on it.

Steve

how about a 'Best tamiya scrap yard' competition as having looked around my loft last weekend i seem to have so many projects that are started but still in bits that it looks like a breakers yard!

hopefully i'll get a bit of time to start them all again soon :P

I'm loving the RC Extreme idea.. I've already got a few ideas rattling around my head.. :lol:

Just trying to help keeping this topic alive 'till someone comes up with a marvellous idea! :)

How about "Best movie / tv series inspired pic"?

Let's face it: not all of us have fancy models, many of us don't have the 'Tamiya Poster Style' photographic skills... and some of us don't live near well known landmarks or famous people. I don't know... what if you live in - let's say - Belgium? What can they do... make a pic of a monk drifting a Tamiya through a puddle of beer? :mellow:

As a kid, I always dreamed away watching The Dukes of Hazard. How about driving a RC car like they did with their General Lee... I fell asleep with the idea! The Fall Guy... remember that HUGE jump in the intro? Knight Rider leaving a wake of dust at high speed? Miami Vice? The Love Bug? Back to the Future? James Bond? The Fast and the Furious? The Italian Job? Etcetera of course!

Now I don't suggest showing off a car based on a famous movie / tv series car... but a pic inspired by actual action by one of these? There are possibilities, right?

Just an idea! <_<

How about "Biggest Tamiya Nut" for the next compo? Leaves it wide open for interpretation.. :lol:

Im loving the film/tv series idea hows this for an idea...

One of my many Reliants - well you soon get fed up with Trotter vans lol

I been thinking for a while that we should have a comp with tire marks as theme. Many tamiyas and other rc makes awsome "footprints", I guess a model has to be in the pic as as well. It could be a car that was run in sand, dirt, paint or anything that let the model make an impression on it's environment.

cheers

Johan

I been thinking for a while that we should have a comp with tire marks as theme. Many tamiyas and other rc makes awsome "footprints", I guess a model has to be in the pic as as well. It could be a car that was run in sand, dirt, paint or anything that let the model make an impression on it's environment.

cheers

Johan

Something like...

bearhawksnow01pb0.th.jpg mud02iq0.th.jpg

?

Why not design a new t-shirt for the club?

I know there are some really nice one's already (I really like the 'every saturday morning' one, and the 'tamiya box wrench' if it didn't have snetterton 04 on it), but I think some of the members could rack their brains and come up with something really great!

Something different than the "Pic of RC here" "Pic of RC doing this" theme

HereBeMonsters: Yes something like that. Small things make big impression.

I just met Steve Harris and doughter Laura before the Madien gig here in stockholm...

My sisters son with Laura

PICT0216.jpg

My Sand Scorcher held by Laura or Steve that would be cool...

But on the other hand Fonz driving would probably be cooler...

Badboy

Completely off topic, Is that Steve as in Steve from Iron Maiden Harris? Jeez he has a gorgeous daughter. Strange these not so handsome men with their lovely daughters.

Ok that's all for now on the off topic side of life.

Cheers

Henk :)

Some great ideas so far.

I know coming up with ideas for these competitions that keep everyone happy is tough, Lets face it, competitions aren't fair. Certain comps will always benefit certain members. There is always someone who can take a better picture, has a better camera, better car, bigger collection, better modeling skills, more ideal weather, etc etc.

Wether each of us is able to enter every comp (I often skip some as I don't feel I can compete or really contribute). The spirit of these comps should always be to create more awesome photos for us all to look at that can both entertain us and maybe inspire our next projects.

I agree with the idea that this comp should be open to all makes. My biggest love is Tamiya, and that is why I am here, but I am also the guy who won a TC comp with the picture of a Kyosho.

Do with them what you will <_<

I look forward to the announcement of the competition and hope that I can enter. If for some reason I can not then I hope that what ever theme that is chosen creates some great entries to look at that truly deserve the AWESOME prizes from our sponsors.

1. 3's company?

Group shot competition. Picture entered must have 3 cars in it with a cleaver theme / story to tie them together?

2. Models in motion

Best action shot of an R/C. Must only have one car in shot and car must be moving.

3. Happy holidays

Picture must have a holiday theme, could be Christmas, Hanukkah, etc. Picture can have as many models as you want but must have a holiday theme to tie them all together.

4. Best corner

Photo of your favorite runner taking a great corner (not kicking a ball, actually turning a corner). Can be On-Road or Off-Road but the car must be moving and turning.

5. Pit stop

A single picture of your car taking a pit stop. Could be in the Baja desert or at Leman, could be a refuel or a tire change, with or without crew present.

6. Custom build

Maximum of 6 pictures showing your best custom build. Again On-Road or Off-Road. Must be an R/C, or be made to be R/C.

7. Best photo

Anything goes, but must be a picture of an RC model.

8. Going for a swim

Best photo of you favorite R/C in or running through water - could be a puddle or a swimming pool (going to hurt anyone in a drought stricken area sorry)

9. More real than real

The most realistic photo of your favorite model. Model must be a based on an R/C but can be customised to look as real as possible. Photo & surroundings should also make the model look like it is as realistic as possible. Can be a static or running shot.

Some of the other ideas that have already been raised by other members are better than the above in my opinion, just thought I would throw these out for the guys who ultimately has to decide the theme.

OK I will leave it at that.

James.

Why not just a plain boring picture of Owner + his favorit car?

That would be the coolest comp ever! :P

Badboy

Could it be a double picture? Something like a side-by-side comparison between a Tamiya model car and the real one. That's what I'd go for. ;)

How about a smaller monthly comp to create a Tamiyaclub calender for the next year? Who wants to pose seductively with their Wild Willy for December? ;) lol

....None of them are seasonal or give an advantage to any demographic group....

...Majority revolve more so around the model itself than the actual photograph....

Mark has it spot on, TC is well and truly an international club/community, I think all but a few over the last few years have been pretty good themes,

some great ideas Mark ;)

Could it be a double picture? Something like a side-by-side comparison between a Tamiya model car and the real one. That's what I'd go for. :angry:

That would be hard for me as the Bel-Ray Bullet is in the states and I'm in sweden... Here we don't have ANY cool car to show...

How about a smaller monthly comp to create a Tamiyaclub calender for the next year? Who wants to pose seductively with their Wild Willy for December? :( lol

Me and my willy are in!!! :lol:

Badboy

I'm in sweden... Here we don't have ANY cool car to show...

Badboy

Thats a bit harsh on you home country Badboy, Swedish cars aren't that uncool.

Ah hang on, I see what you mean, maybe you're right ....

800px-Volvo480_TwoTone.jpg

Rally Car or Rallycross theme!!!

If you look at previous comps, the themes try to avoid a specific type of car just so that more people can enter

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards_prev.asp

Generalising it to 'off road racing' would probably be as close to rallycross as it'd get

How about tamiyas and pets?

DSC01390.jpg

Thats a good one, I saw a toutoise on tv the over day that had lost a back leg, they had used a swinging arm with a brat wheel and tyre to keep it mobile, it even had a tamiya oil filled damper I wonder how many turn motor was in it!

Thats a good one, I saw a toutoise on tv the over day that had lost a back leg, they had used a swinging arm with a brat wheel and tyre to keep it mobile, it even had a tamiya oil filled damper I wonder how many turn motor was in it!

65t crawler motor if I'm any judge :D