Now this I like!!

we could all meet up there and do somthing like those Tmobile adverts it will make a change from who is wearing what label imagin it "here is Angelina Jolie and she is wearing a Stella MaCartney with a Scorcher buried in her bussel!" :-)

how about a 'Strangest place you've run your models' theme? (Unlikely Bashing as a title perhaps?)

how about a picture of the vehicle doing a burnout...for street cars/trucks(smoking the tires)..for dirt cars/trucks(throwing some rooster tails)

If you look at previous comps, the themes try to avoid a specific type of car just so that more people can enter
What about the new one?

"Burning rubber!" has left immediately off-roaders like me out of the competition.

I haven't got a single on-road car. :lol:

What about the new one?

"Burning rubber!" has left immediately off-roaders like me out of the competition.

I haven't got a single on-road car. :lol:

There hasn't been a comp yet where everyone could definitely enter, although the themes are chosen to try and encompass the largest amount of members.

If you feel you can't enter this one then that's unfortunate but, like Biggus pointed out, your interpretation of the theme isn't necessarily the only interpretation.

If there are any more issues with this month's comp, please use this month's comp's topic, not one for suggesting themes.

I think the theme should be "MOST AMATEUR LOOKING NEW BUILT R/C CAR".

Horrible paint, bad stickers, messed up wheel offsets, etc.

Anyone could win with this theme. And it could be quite funny! :)

Cheers,

Skottoman

I think the theme should be "MOST AMATEUR LOOKING NEW BUILT R/C CAR".

Horrible paint, bad stickers, messed up wheel offsets, etc.

Anyone could win with this theme. And it could be quite funny! B)

Cheers,

Skottoman

That's most Ebay buys insist it :lol: . Only used twice great condition , then bam you get it & go OMG!!! what have i got :)

So that would not be hard , :lol:

How about this for a competition theme:, to quote Han Solo, 'Don't worry, she'll hold together'.

This could cover anything and everything. Model in a precarious angle, bad bodge, driving a damaged car (Ever tried driving a TXT with a front wheel missing ? :) )

This one needs a bit of thought, but how about submitting a photo of say a Frog with a frog sat next to it, Vanessa's Lunchbox with a lunchbox also part of the image, Rising Storm, Jordan, Skyline, 4 Toyota Celica GTs next to each other, Clodbuster, Mad Bull (a bit dangerous!). So use the product names to create an image from which the original model was based. Those with say an Alpine, could either enter it with a mountain scene or photographed next to a real one if they're lucky!

Mud

This one needs a bit of thought, but how about submitting a photo of say a Frog with a frog sat next to it, Vanessa's Lunchbox with a lunchbox also part of the image, Rising Storm, Jordan, Skyline, 4 Toyota Celica GTs next to each other, Clodbuster, Mad Bull (a bit dangerous!). So use the product names to create an image for which the original model was based upon. Those with say an Alpine, could either enter it with a mountain scene or photographed next to a real one if they're lucky!

Mud

As long as no one enters their "Wild Willy" :);)

Tho tis the perfect season for a "Midnight Pumpkin" photo shoot

• Like 1

As long as no one enters their "Wild Willy" :);)

Tho tis the perfect season for a "Midnight Pumpkin" photo shoot

Fire Dragon, Blazing Star and hornet could be tricky :)

So with the upcoming release of the Nova Fox, when are one of our fine sponsors / benefactors / overlords going to be donating a Nova Fox kit (to be delivered as soon as they are in stock) to build a TC photo contest around??

Mayyyybe fox-themed? Maybe fox themed in a very broad sense... any way you can work a fox (the animal or the car!) into your tamiya pics for any model.

Maybe even especially making other cars up in fox colors and stickers (however possible) would be cool. But obviously not required... again.

custom_head.jpg

Good point. i'll do my best to source one. In the meantime, if you all want to have a debate about themes in this thread then go for it - those threads are always entertaining.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I ran a comp recently called 'Random RC'. The idea was to have entrants take a photo of their RC car in the most random place/situation they could think of.

We asked for risk (making yourself look a plonker in public setting up the shot) as opposed to 'danger' to avoid anyone doing anything silly.

We also said that the RC car depicted and quality of the camera used would have no bearing on the result. (I did get a completely independent RC person to judge it though and gave her the criteria to judge upon.)

Anyway, it worked for us and I'd be happy for it to be used/adapted whatever.

why not just go for animal magic mmm no idea what it involves just liked the name

Sweet! Now to call up Samantha Fox to hold a remote in the background while a Tamiya Fox is driven in the foreground with Basil Brush behind the wheel!

Boom Boom!

Nobody better be stealing my idea either :P

• Like 1

Sweet! Now to call up Samantha Fox to hold a remote in the background while a Tamiya Fox is driven in the foreground with Basil Brush behind the wheel!

Boom Boom!

Nobody better be stealing my idea either :P

That's the winner!

Stop the competition before it's started; I hope Chris has your prize sorted. :D

Do what Tamiya does. winner is selected by luck of the draw. Hence no theme require, no special skills require, no need to spend a ton of money, anyone can enter regardless is rc or static so long is Tamiya or even any make. may not the best wins but will get a lots of enteries and views.

another idea: freakshow. anything as allowed but box art. preferably not even just color scheme differences. like twisted hybrids of different cars/trucks - but always recognizable for their tamiya DNA. even if it's many different genotypes... muhahaha!

• Like 1

another idea: freakshow. anything as allowed but box art. preferably not even just color scheme differences. like twisted hybrids of different cars/trucks - but always recognizable for their tamiya DNA. even if it's many different genotypes... muhahaha!

I think I've got this covered:

img33435_15072012232000_3.jpg

img33435_15072012232000_2.jpg

img33435_13042013193456_2.jpg

Hotshot 1.5

img33435_18092010205650_1.jpg

:)

• Like 2