How about a "Tribute to RC" theme, where the idea is to do or make something in celebration of your favourite RC model or brand, and submitting a poto of it? Only rule is that the model itself can't actually be in the shot.

So, do you fancy baking a cake in the shape of a Monster Beetle? Or breaking out the facepaint and doing a football-supporter-style Tamiya logo across your forehead? Or getting some cardboard and duct tape and making your kid's pedal car look like a Lunch Box?

Plenty of scope for creativity, open to fans of any and all RC models, and not prejudicial towards people on a low budget. What do y'all think?

• Like 1

forget rc model...making something out of all the left over rc parts, bits and pieces...screws, nuts plastic bushings plus the famous tamiya key into a work of art. there will be no previous or similar instructions to follow. ones imagination is the build road map.

I have an idea, how about "box art alternative" for example if you have a Super Champ then you take picture of yours and create a different pose than that of the original Tamiya Super Champ box art. The buggy can be jumping , running or standing still. The final picture you choose you need to paste over a picture of factory box so it looks like factory kit with kit name ,logos etc...

I think this is something everyone can enter as every rc kit or RTR whether its truck, buggy, touring car, tanks , F1 car , all have box with nice box art on it when it was new right? and this is inexpensive too just need to be creative. As for rules maybe the vehicle need to close to stock and not heavy modified. Vehicle painted in a different color than factory box art is ok as long as it retains factory decals.

the baking or making rc tribute ones is great idea :D

instead of food coloring, one must use Tamiya PC paint and for mold release, ,must use dot 4 brake fluid...the winner will be the baker eating its cake :D

instead of food coloring, one must use Tamiya PC paint and for mold release, ,must use dot 4 brake fluid...the winner will be the baker eating its cake :D

... and living to tell the tale!

• Like 2

what about building some thing different from any spares you have and materials , could be interesting to see what kind of vehicals get built

• Like 1

Some of my favourite photos are of cars that have been weathered and run... Wyoming is a master of this and I have also seen a fantastic 959 done like this.

Maybe a theme of "used and abused" with the winner providing the most realistically weathered and used car?

How about a competition for scratch builds ? Something you have created yourself using a body Tamiya never made as a RC - or any other company . So long as it uses some Tamiya parts in the drivetrain / suspension it could enter .

• Like 1

Do what Tamiya does. winner is selected by luck of the draw. Hence no theme require, no special skills require, no need to spend a ton of money, anyone can enter regardless is rc or static so long is Tamiya or even any make. may not the best wins but will get a lots of enteries and views.

I second that since is coming from me. :lol:

If its good enough for TAMIYA (the Master), it is good enough for TC (the follower/student :ph34r: ) .

How about a competition for scratch builds ? Something you have created yourself using a body Tamiya never made as a RC - or any other company . So long as it uses some Tamiya parts in the drivetrain / suspension it could enter .

I really like this idea but (and I hate to say it) entries might be a bit limited.

Or you could open it up a bit, make it open to anything visibly modified - anything from non box-art paintjobs to full scratch builds and everything in between. If enough prizes could be sourced maybe have a separate category for scratch builds?

I really like this idea but (and I hate to say it) entries might be a bit limited.

Or you could open it up a bit, make it open to anything visibly modified - anything from non box-art paintjobs to full scratch builds and everything in between. If enough prizes could be sourced maybe have a separate category for scratch builds?

Well I'am not sure if my Tonka Winnebago will qualify as it might not have any Tamiya parts but it will be certainly be modified :lol:

I'm sure you could squeeze a couple of self tappers in there somewhere bromvw :)

I'm sure you could squeeze a couple of self tappers in there somewhere bromvw :)

Heck yes :lol: If ever there is going to be a mish mash of parts then this is the built that will have them . It might even end up with a mp3 player and a Heng Long smoker ;)

Best Lunchbox action pic :)

or best flying Tamiya pic (cars only aloud)

You mean I couldn't enter a picture of my King Tiger getting air ??? ;)

A few years ago, the fullsize VW club I used to roll with had a Christmas competition wherein we decorated our cars. My Baja Bug wore tinsel on the nerf bars and cage, a (removable) tree "growing" out of the stinger, etc.

Maybe we could do something similar but in miniature?

A few years ago, the fullsize VW club I used to roll with had a Christmas competition wherein we decorated our cars. My Baja Bug wore tinsel on the nerf bars and cage, a (removable) tree "growing" out of the stinger, etc.

Maybe we could do something similar but in miniature?

This idea I like :) . It's a competition any member can enter; Bravo!