hi, ive always wanted to make a trailer, tried but failed lol. does anybody have any diagrams of how to make a trailer and could you tell me what i would bits i would need to make one.

it will be for a pajero.

cheers john

can't help you with diagrams but have you had a look at whitebone? just google whitebone and click on the top choice. whitebone.us/

flippin awesome stuff :lol:

anyone got any plans and could tell me what i would need to make one?

cheers john

Seeing as you're not having much luck I'd search the showrooms and PM owners directly

Just a thought. Why doesn't Tamiya put out a Trailer Kit for 1/10? Unless they don't know which model the trailer should get hook up to as the XC is not a regular staple item and we are left to some how built our own :blink: .

hi, started to make a trailer i am pleased with it (it is my first), i dont know what to use for the flooring either mesh type stuff or solid stuff any ideas?

Here's mine

Car transporter

Side view

20080316_ainsdale_016.JPG

Top view

20080202_rcTrailer_0032.JPG

and Sankey

20080316_ainsdale_011.JPG

As Biggus said the mesh on mine was from B&Q, think it was about 5-7 for a sheet big enough to do 2 trailers. The chassis on both of mine is steel U and angle welded together, Sankey body is styrene.

I hammered together a trailer also, very similar to others, it would seem. I too used B&Q (Home Depot in the US) for aluminium angle and it is all bolted (M2 socket head) and rivetted. It was fun to build and came together quite well. I went for the 'beaver tail' style so I could drive my Viper on and off without bothering with ramps. It does affect ground clearance, but my own 1:1 beaver tail always grounded and so did every other one I borrowed when I used to race off road (long time ago, another life). To be honest, it is a little too wide, but it ain't too bad. If I did it again, I'd make it a little narrower (only a few mm) and make it a tilt bed (pivot in the centre) with a servo to raise and lower the bed.

These pics show it unfinished. It now has side rails and a front rail, again all aluminium and bolted. This is NOT a good idea: ever tried drilling and tapping M2 threads in 4mm dia rod? I reckon plastic rod and section would be fine for a lot of it. The top platform is thin ply. The axles are on a walking beam type arrangement to ease off road towing. I've just order a Pajero MTW which will be getting a tow hook, HD rear springs and an LRP truck puller as my current tow vehicle is actually a re-bodied Baja King (=not ideal!).

Mike

post-18723-1229383444.jpg

post-18723-1229383465.jpg

post-18723-1229383492.jpg

post-18723-1229383508.jpg

post-18723-1229383526.jpg

My version Aluiminum angle, pop rivits a little scrap plywood and some worn out tires. It works great IMO.

100_4570.jpg

100_4632.jpg