Mad Ax

Cider Bashers Meet - Somerset

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I have to work the 24th now. "$%ing job.

Anyone got any vacancies?!!

WSM beach (or nearby) is a fun idea, but best planned for the autumn to avoid the grockles, sorry mean summer holidaymakers!

I'd like to come on the 24th but may have to leave early cus I'm going on a hot air balloon flight later in the afternoon. Exciting! :D Mind you, that's probably fixed it to rain for the day; sorry guys... :rolleyes:

WSM beach (or nearby) is a fun idea, but best planned for the autumn to avoid the grockles, sorry mean summer holidaymakers!

Not an issue with the tourists at Sand Bay - like I said, they all seem to go to the crowded W-s-M main beach - if they only knew what was just around the headland (but thankfully they don't)!

Anyone want to help me build an Ark? :D

Might need it if this weather continues... :D

And the cars filed on 2 by 2

I think I'll be building and bringing an RC boat... I'll definately be fitting good mudder tyres to all my off-roaders. No doubt we'll royally churn up all the lovely grass !

Lookin nicer today. I'm going to do a CTRL-C on today's weather so I can CTRL-V it onto the meet day :)

Darn weather... :)

I'm being optimistic though, and cycling all my batteries today to find out what condition they are in.

Just adjusted the slipper on the E-Maxx too (but not tested yet) as it was 3 turns loose!!!!

Anyway, hopefully the weather turns out good on the day. Any chance of someone out that way posting first thing (say by 9am) as to what it is looking like on the day. Just that it's a 2 hour journey for us (leaving by 10, there by 12) and I don't really want 4 hours of travelling for no racing.

Not missed a meet yet, so planning to go unless the weather makes it pointless

All the best

Steve

Darn weather... :)

I'm being optimistic though, and cycling all my batteries today to find out what condition they are in.

Just adjusted the slipper on the E-Maxx too (but not tested yet) as it was 3 turns loose!!!!

Anyway, hopefully the weather turns out good on the day. Any chance of someone out that way posting first thing (say by 9am) as to what it is looking like on the day. Just that it's a 2 hour journey for us (leaving by 10, there by 12) and I don't really want 4 hours of travelling for no racing.

Not missed a meet yet, so planning to go unless the weather makes it pointless

All the best

Steve

Just checked Met Check for that area and it comes back as FINE AND DRY ALL DAY SAT with 21 degrees - yeehaa !!! Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Just ordered a couple of extra packs from flea bay as well, as the last time I was out I had a few duff packs. Baby hotshot is finally fixed and running again, as is my new toy - an original Lancia Rally with an interesting power plant.....

Should be good fun and lookin forward to meetin up again,

see you sat

cheers

Mark

Just looked at the long range forecast (for what its worth), the forecast for sunday is “Partly Cloudyâ€.

If some one could post a report from that neck of the woods in the morning, it would be very much appreciated, as it will be an early start for us as well and its not a good route what with the holiday traffic.

Lemming, I am now expecting to see the E-Maxx being back to its Bashing Best :) !

Found out the problem with the VLB, the motor wire had worn through and was shorting on the shock, which will teach me.

Hoping to bring,

On-road.

M-04L Beetle

Gravel Hound (4300Kv Brushless)

Off-road

Falcon (Rear wheel hub issues, should be able to fix!?!?)

Baja Champ

Blackfoot Extreme (now with glued tires)

Toyota Hi-Lux Monster Racer

Boomerang with Winger Body

Gold VBL.

Bonkers Thing

Bandit VXL and many tires (need to adjust the slipper)

Others

Tam Tech Gear Hotshot (only RWD as centre shaft failed)

XTM Rage (AKA the RAT)

Quick question for buggymuncher if I may? Have you any idea where I can get a smaller metal pinion for the Hotshot as the good lasses one is a bit over geared with the stock pinion?

Looking forward to see everyone again.

ATB Matt

Just a thought...

If I remember (Evan is slowly draining my brains) I'll bring my pinion box along. Got ones from RC18T, Kyosho Mini Inferno, Losi Mini-T (although Rich has most of those). Might be something there to suit........

4 batteries not working properly so far. Two of the 3300mah ones, one TLT pack and one Tamiya 1400SP. This is the first cycle though (as it takes all day to do 16 batteries) so hoping for better results on the next cycle. Shouldn't let them get so darn low, just have problems finding the time to look after them.

See you all there!!!

Steve

Your a top man Steve, thanks in advance.

ATB Matt

No worries. Adding them to my list right now.

List of assorted goodies:

Crystals (all standard 27mhz sets, plus all mixed modes - should be plenty!)

Tools (keep forgetting all but the screwdrivers)

Chargers (x2)

Pinion box

Cars are still being looked at, but E-Maxx, Hummer and TLT seem to be definite now. FTO should be a go, but having not heard from Keith for 3 weeks I'm not wanting to break the only shell of this type.

Don't know if I ever said thanks for taking the time to help me work out that the slipper needed adjustment on the E-Maxx (also known as finding the problem for me as I'm too stupid to realise). I'm used to slipper clutches screeching when loose so it just didn't cross my mind. 3 turns was seriously loose as they recommend 1/4 to 1/2 turn for bashing. Now set to 1/4 turn, so might be a risk of wheelies.... :blink:

Got some real battery problems at the moment. Three out of four 3300mah nimh packs are only taking 1000-2000mah... Realised I have not looked after them for about 6 months, with occasional top-ups for bashes. Getting better slowly (1/3 increase in mah after 2 cycles) but really annoying me.

Weather should be good, as you say. Precipitation is only 10% which is the same as the last Yeovil bash so hoping it still holds true later this week.

Anyway, enough boring the TC member base. I'm off to try and finish the first cycle on the E-Maxx packs. The other cycles on the 3300mah ones can blinking well wait until tomorrow as I'm fed up of them now.

Steve

Bag of Badgers - let me know what kind of size pinion you're after and i'll see what I've got. Re the TT Gear Hotshot I've changed my centre shaft to the ali one so you are welcome to the original plastic one if it's any good to you ? I'll bring it along anyway as it's only a few mins to fit it - can't be running a Hotshot 2WD can we.....

Just added my 27mhz peg board to the list of things to bring. Not done a 40mhz one, so if anyone gets he time that could be a good plan.

Steve

Sorry that I won't be there for this one, I'm off on my hols. I'll catch everyone at the next one.

Cheers.

Rich.

Sorry that I won't be there for this one, I'm off on my hols. I'll catch everyone at the next one.

Cheers.

Rich.

Holiday... Mmmmmmmm

Sorry we won't see you there bruv. Catch you next time though :blink:

Steve

Buggymuncher, the centre shaft would be much appreciated by Kaz; perhaps you can suggest other mods when we are there? The shaft failed around the centre support, it melted the bush and shaft! She will have a replacement bearing for when we go, the LHS is trying to order a shaft for us but Tamiya seem to place them low down the pecking order, which is a shame as they are really good couple.

At the moment she has the standard plastic pinion and it just does not pick up well with the 19T motor she has fitted to the TT Hotshot. Just looking for a smaller one, I guess?

Rich, enjoy your holiday catch you at the next one.

Many thanks in advance, Matt and Karan.

Hmm...

Weather site seems to be changing their mind on what's going to happen: Weather.co.uk for Yeovil - 10 day forecast

Showing showers in the morning, and precipitation has gone from 10% to 30% (hope the 30% is the morning :) )...

Will keep an eye on it as it gets nearer the day

Steve

Hi Folks,

I'm Gutted ! Have only just realised that the meet is on this Sunday and not the Saturday. What a twit ! I'd read some of the early threads and somehow drawn the conclusion that it was on the saturday which I can make but I will be away for the sunday. Drat and double Drat !!

Matt - i've found a couple of pinions for the TT Hotshot (plastic I'm afraid) - 14T and 18T and have the centre drive shaft too. If you email me your address to "couger818@yahoo.co.uk" I'll throw them in the post first class tomorrow and with a bit of luck you should get them in time on sat.

Really sorry folks, I'll read more carefully next time...

Hope the weather holds good and lots of fun is had

cheers

Mark

Sunshine and showers predicted. So that accounts for most potential weather conditions then! :D

What's everyone bringing?

I'm thinking big boys this time; Draggin, Bullhead, WWilly.

I've got a lovely vintage Willy M38 on its way, but unfortunately customs payment today means I won't have it until after the weekend.

Hmmm... Now light rain is predicted with precipitation at 70%!!!

Almost wish we had chosen Saturday now (partly cloudy with only a 10% chance of rain) and Mark would have been free.

Still no idea what is coming until I start checking them on Saturday... E-Maxx motors are not looking healthy though - sound rough when turning.

HI Guys and Girls.

Sorry for the late notice but we going to have to pull out, None of the cars are up and running as we just havent had the time. The landy needs a new motor sorted as it was drowned last time at the beach and I am still waiting on my new buggy tyres to come in from Germany. add to that the two TB01's are out of order with dads esc having been drowned and mine making some rather interesting noises :L

Still was great fun last time and hopefully be able to get it all sorted and the 1:1 projects ready for the next time.

Cheers

Ryck

Oh dear... Losing them hand over fist now! How many of us are still definitely looking to be there? I make it as:

Mad Ax

Rabiedmushroom

Bag Of Badgers

Lemming

Possibility of the following as not heard much from them recently:

Chef Bikes

Matisse

Got all my batteries sorted but seriously concerned about the weather now. Guess I'll make a final decision in the morning, but if the weather is anything like today then I'll have to cry off. Will make the decision by 10:00am and post on here accordingly based on local conditions and weather sites (unless a "Yeovil Local" want's to let us know the weather before then).

All the best y'all

Steve

Steve, the weather forecast on the BBC was a lot better, showers V early in the morning, then a lot clearer.

Just finished sorting out what we are packing; now just charging the last packs.

See you all tomorrow

Matt