Gruntfuggly

Ezrun Combo Is In Da House!

Brushless Lunchbox is great fun ;) And the stock 11T pinion is perfect. Scary on standard shocks (or no shocks really, just springs). You will break your body though.

Manta-Ray will need a few hopups to handle it. Many threads here on what they need.

I've tried these in a Slash, not really suitable the truck is too heavy for the 380 motor (it's a 380 rotor in a 540 can) and the motor just cooks itself.

curious how it'd go in a DF03 / DF03RA what kind of gearing are you using?

Hi there which model did you try in the slash, ive got one coming from father christmas lol, and was woundering about going brushless, all i want is a little more speed but maintenance free operation on the beach etc.

Hi there which model did you try in the slash, ive got one coming from father christmas lol, and was woundering about going brushless, all i want is a little more speed but maintenance free operation on the beach etc.

Hi i have the 9T Ezrun in my Slash and and a 2S lipo and it move quick, much more speed and accelaration than the standard setup.it was the best 45 i've spent in a long time.

Darren

I've tried these in a Slash, not really suitable the truck is too heavy for the 380 motor (it's a 380 rotor in a 540 can) and the motor just cooks itself.

Huh???? can this be right?

Chain Driven (Jerome) on here, has one in his slash and has used and abused it with no problems at all that i'm aware of!

BJ is right I have one in my Slash, 9Turns 4300KV and it's just perfect and believe me it's been abused up to 10 packs in a row full on.

Jerome

HI all

this could be a little bit of a warning I ordered a couple of 9T ezruns from a company on ebay called jns.inc

mine turned up about a month ago, took 2 weeks from order date which was nice :-)

A couple of friends of mine have ordered from the same company and they have been waiting over a month and the seller is now no longer registered with Ebay....

This seller had over 20000 feedback and im sure that theres just an admin cockup somewhere along the line but as he was one of only 3 selling ezrun combos it looks like there might be some paypal claims going through :)

hope it doesnt affect anyone else

- merry brushless christmas lol

Aaron

PS one of mines fitted into my scorcher runner - photos soon B)

I ran the 12t Ezy-Run combo and it went fine for 5-6 minutes then the heat struck and the motor would get to 170-180 f

Keep in mind for those of you in sub-arctic countries (ie UK) it's probably fine, any stress on the motor is hidden by cool ambient temps.

In Australia, on a 30 degree celcius day, it just dies.

And I tried every pinion from 13-23 on an 86t spur. They ALL did it!

System was fine however in a TA-05.

Hi all,

I ordered two 9T ezrun combos back in September from jns.inc, and they were both delivered in just over a week and were very well wrapped. Fantastic smooth throttle control, and it's very rapid with a 2 cell Lipo!

I e-mailed jns again about 2 weeks ago to see if they could match the price I paid back in Sep (they've taken the "Best Offer" option away from their auctions I noticed), but unfortunately the weak pound has put up the price of "importing".

I got an e-mail straight back offering me a slight discount, but it's still too expensive at the moment to order another 2. I'm sure jns.inc is still active though! I would definitely order from them again. (unless they HAVE actually gone out of business!)

Cheers,

Tim

I put in an offer of 30 each for my 2 and it was accepted so mine cost 74 inc shipping - for 2!

Still showing as not a member on Ebay though

I just set up the 9T EZRun in my Manta Ray, and it's running really weird.

It sets off at full acceleration for about a second, then stops, then goes again, then stops etc. It runs fine when taken off the floor - i.e. no load put on it, but as soon as I put down again it starts playing up.

I've set the brake and everything with the programming card (that thing is awesome!) but I can't figure out what the problem is here. It runs full in reverse, which is set to 50% of forward power, and yes, I've tried swapping the motor wires over, reprogramming the ESC and swapping directions on the Tx.

Do you think it could be cutting out because it can't draw enough current from my shoddy Ni-Cad batteries?

Do you think it could be cutting out because it can't draw enough current from my shoddy Ni-Cad batteries?

Absolutely, when you accelerate you will draw more ampage when you accelerate hard if the nicads are shot then you wont be able to deliver it and the motor will stall.

I had an old set of nicads that did the same.

I had some cutting out on mine in the same circumstances, so I reduced the acceleration setting and it stopped it without any real noticeable performance loss...

Yeah, I've dialled back the "punch" - saves the gearbox and motor mount as well - and running with a brand new NiCad, seems to be good now.

In fact, I may commit sacriledge here. It's too fast. It's insane. Dear God. :rolleyes:

:D Try not pushing the stick so far forwards!

I think I've finally found a car with a throttle position other than "on". :rolleyes:

Running at full whack, I got about 3 mins to a 1400mAH Racing Pack, 5 mins for my "best" 1600 pack. But then I managed to cycle each one 2-3 times before they all finally gave in, I guess they can't deliver that much power in one go, so spreading it out helps a bit.

Any good deals for LiPo at the moment?

Just in case anyone was wondering - but the eZrun seems fairly "splash-proof" - only the receiver let me down in all this mud/snow stuff!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...277&id=2088

You're right about that. Due to my idiotic driving I managed to splash the car through a puddle at circa two million miles an hour, and it was fine. There was water EVERYwhere inside the car, but it was plodding along just fine. Way better than the Tamiya ESC!

Reading back a few pages it seems some people aren't too happy with the speed of these - akin to an 18/19 turn brushed you reckon? I can only suggest that the car you're running it in is too heavy. This absolutely knocks the socks off the 15T that's come out of my Manta Ray, and is way quicker than any other brushed motor I've seen tbh. I reckon in something lighter than a buggy it'd be even faster. Hmmm...and it is the same colour as the colour coded hop-ups I'm getting for the new TT-01... B)

I ran the 12t Ezy-Run combo and it went fine for 5-6 minutes then the heat struck and the motor would get to 170-180 f

Keep in mind for those of you in sub-arctic countries (ie UK) it's probably fine, any stress on the motor is hidden by cool ambient temps.

In Australia, on a 30 degree celcius day, it just dies.

And I tried every pinion from 13-23 on an 86t spur. They ALL did it!

System was fine however in a TA-05.

I think you've got a dodgy set up buddy, as over here in the "sub arctic" UK, during the summer we had 30 degree c days too, and these were the days that Chain Driven and the rest of us (Mud-Plugger, Munchkin Rebel and myself) were out abusing the slash's with ten or so battery packs in a row and no heat issues at all, apart from sun burn!

I would take a look at the placement of your esc, and the connections between the motor/ esc / battery, the other area to check would be the setup of the "punch" maybe you need to reduce the aggressiveness of it?

Or it could be you just got a duff?

Can anyone tell me how to solder the 3 wires of the esc to the 5.5T motor? I see three 3 black wires A,B and C. Perhaps a pic?