Gruntfuggly

Ezrun Combo Is In Da House!

Will an EZRun set work in a M01 chassis without destroying the gearbox? The car in question actually has a Tech Racing Super Bulkhead A aluminium/plastic gearbox (the one without a belt) and a balldiff, but I want to be sure...

It should be fine in a TA03F, right?

Brushless will work OK in TA03 as long as the Kv rating of the motor is not too high as you can't get the gear ratio right for high Kv (rpm) motors. Highest FDR you can get into the TA03 is 8.51:1.

The Mamba 5700Kv is rather warm after a run with 14/43 (8.51:1) gearing. Motor, Battery and ESC are all warm but within limits. It certainly is fast though and great for drifting on hard rubber drift tyres.

TA03_Gear_Ratios.jpg

There's someone at the club I race at using one of the 13t combos in an Xray T2'009, seems to be holding up quite well and is pretty quick aswell :unsure:

Matt

I have a 13T in my TA-05 for racing stock class, it's probably one of the quicker cars at the track. If only I could drive it well enough to make full use of the power that's there I would be laughing! Gearing is a 70T spur with anything from a 29-34T pinion for the tracks we race on.

Hey All,

Dont mean to dredge up an old thread, but a search revealed much information on these motors, and I thought it a good idea to keep all the info in one place.

I have a few of these motors, a13T in a mini, 9T in a tourer and I have one in a crawler too...I have had very few problems apart from the odd off/on switch disintegrating but otherwise they are all hoolding up pretty well. And for the money, nobody can really argue.

I have however, recently noticed the 9T making a lot of noise which I correctly diagnosed as bearings...the motor was in a Slash and was brutalised badly from day one. It now sits in a TB-02 that is not bashed around, and not raced....just a parking lot runner. The bearings are shot, and I put this down to the slash beating, in conjunction with the humidity here in Dubai. I would like to replace the bearings and found a site that will do a set for US$8 bucks or so, which makes it worthwhile. I had asked Hobbywing if they could ship me some, as the sizes they give on their website are super odd size. No mini-bearing manufacturer seems to have anything similar. Anyway, I will get a set in and replace them. The problem I have hit is how to get the back bearing out....the rear one is easy to get to as the 3 screws come out and voila!....the other one though, the front can be bashed out, but getting a new one in there is a prob without damaging it trying to press it in.

Has anyone ever managed to remove the front cover? It looks like it should come out, but is not held on with screws and I dont want to try and force it off....

Hopefully someone can help with this.

Thanks.

Andy

Yeah they are great. I have a 9t in my TA05 for carpet racing and a 5.5t in my Durga DB01 for racing at Bury, both are awesome and quick and have had no problems. Two of my friends have a few between them and no probs either, there just re-stickered Speed Passions especially the new EXrun systems which are sensored.

The only issue i have but i find it easy to manage whilst racing is that the power delivery is a lot more sudden being senosrless, the sensored versions offer much more progression in throttle control. To counter this on the sensorless try not to blip the throttle like you would with a brushed and at low speed especially in corners try and keep a little power going and just be smooth with your controls, if you blast it everywhere the back end gets a bit lively :lol:

The reason for this is that being sensorless there is no way of the electronics to know where the magnets sit so when you come completely off the power and then back on the magnet is attracted around with a bit of a punch, if you keep the power on you keep the circuit going thus not allowing the magnetic filed to stop allowing you to iron out the kick of the sesorless, in some ways especially with buggies this can be a good thing for you to power out the corners, all depends on your style. Plus i just use a bog standard 27mhz controler with no expo settings what so ever, its all in the thumbs!!!

All in all though i would keep buying them if and when i need anymore, great bang for the buck as they say ;)

Later

VV

there just re-stickered Speed Passions especially the new EXrun systems which are sensored.

Not to nitpick but Speed Passions are rebadged HobbyWings not the other way around.

hi all i just got my 8.5t motor and 60amp esc combo, there is no wires soldered to the motor, so how do i know where the a,b and c wires connect from the esc, do they have to be in a certain order. dont want to damge it before i get to use it.

Solder the wires to the motor in the way that suits you the best. :lol: Really..., not kidding you.

I might turn the wrong way, but then just switch ANY 2 wires.

i tried my ezrun setup out in the slash today at our beach bash, i was very impressed with the performance, will be buying some more for sure.

i tried my ezrun setup out in the slash today at our beach bash, i was very impressed with the performance, will be buying some more for sure.

Can buy my FRIED 8.5 T.... Got useable caseends.. :D:)

Hey all, just wanted to know your opinion on which EZrun combo (specifically motor) would be best for a Kyosho Ultima runner, thanks!

It always makes me smile when this thread pops up again.

Mine is still running fine nearly a year and a half later - with no maintenance at all. Probably should have a look at it. B)

I don't run it all that often though....

Sorry I can't say which motor would be best for the ultima - I think mine is the 4300 which seems quick enough for me.

Hi all ,Well i ordered one last night ,9T ezrun, has any one got any pics of ezrun fitted in too dark impact ? Wink Wink

And what kind of run time are you all getting with ni-cad , ni-mh

lol!

(you are joking, right?)

No i was not joking ,but take it from your reply ,ni-cad and ni-mh are no good then ??????

No i was not joking ,but take it from your reply ,ni-cad and ni-mh are no good then ??????

Um, no. You can probably get away with a decent (4000+mah) NiMH, but even my "best" NiCads (which I keep for vintage running) won't even get my EZRuns moving. They go into failsafe shutdown mode straight away!

I have run a 4500mah NiMH with mine, but runtime was less than that of my 2000mah LiPOs, I guess due to the way the battery discharges. You can set the failsafe to lower thresholds, or turn it off altogether, but then remember to turn it back on if you do use LiPO.

I would definitely recommend investing in some LiPO kit if you're going to go brushless. I got a charger for £60, and a decent pair of 2000mAH batteries for £30.

Ive got to jump in here, ive got a 60amp 8.5t ezrun system in my slash and running on vapextech 3700mah 7.2v and 8.4v stick packs and it runs fine, the discharge rate is a big point here with brushless, and im looking into either some intellect nimh's or a couple of lipo's.

but my nimh's do power it fine with plenty of kick.

He he this threads been running ages, its what I consulted before I bought my first Ezrun system - I now have four :blink:

They are all 9T systems and they are fitted to:

Re-release Brat

Mardave Cobra

Blackfoot

Mardave Hot Rod

Battery wise I've used everything from an old silver Tamiya RC1400SP racing pack to a set of matched Demon supplied *******uyama nutter cells - and apart from runtime there seems to be very little difference in the way of performance.

The Hot Rod is running 4 cells and its main battery packs are 3700 vapex - hardly top notch but its up there with the front runners.

Brushless does seem to be a great leveller :P

I also have 3 of these systems a 13T and 2 x 9T's.The 13T gets run in my M03R for spec class racing. The 9T get run in my offroaders, I even set them up as twin systems in mt TXT1, it was awesome running with 3200 lipo's. One off the systems was accidentaly totally submersed in salt water when I was running my DT02MS at the beach about 6 months ago. I took it home and washed it under a tap with fresh water then dried it out. It is still running with no issues. Great value systems.

I've got 2 9t systems and they both run great, i run everything from a 2200mah nimh to a lipo all run fine just the lipo has more punch, I have run mine a lot

in my slash only needed to replace one set of bearings so far