Gruntfuggly

Ezrun Combo Is In Da House!

Should be - I did the sensible thing of installing it all without reading the instructions first - switched it on and it did some wierd stuff, so I think the first receiver got out of sync with it or something.

When you first start up, you need to do the throttle calibration first, instead of being impatient and trying to drive it straight away... <_<

Should be - I did the sensible thing of installing it all without reading the instructions first - switched it on and it did some wierd stuff, so I think the first receiver got out of sync with it or something.

When you first start up, you need to do the throttle calibration first, instead of being impatient and trying to drive it straight away... <_<

:lol: Ok thanks

Angel will be fine... Women read the manual. Guys don't. <_<

Hmmm - it's giving me grief now.

The steering servo is working so the connections are right, but the throttle setup doesn't seem to want to play ball...

Had any luck with yours Tipsy?

I've been out all day, and just got back, so haven't even fitted it yet. But hoping to have one in my Vanquish tomorrow.

Nice - I would never have imagined fitting a Vanquish with brushless. Should fit nicely.

Angel will be fine... Women read the manual. Guys don't. :)

Yes I have to agree, I read my df03 manual from start to finish 4 times before I started my build, what guy would do that, unless he's a Hair dresser ;)

Yes I have to agree, I read my df03 manual from start to finish 4 times before I started my build, what guy would do that, unless he's a Hair dresser :)

I wouldn't! I currently have my DF02 in pieces, yet the manual is back home 2000 miles away!! And I don't think I've once looked through a manual from start to finish!!

Matt

Well, I've just fitted it into my Vanquish, had a brief play around with the setting card(really easy to use), and had a brief spin with it. All I can say is these things are superb. I was wanting a brushless setup to replace stock motors, and this setup is far better than expected. I replaced a Team Orion Chrome Stock RS with the brushless, and it is faster and better torque. Only issue I have is I dont think the Vanquish gearbox will cope too well, so may try one in my Brat and Desert Gator (although the cables seem a little short for this kit when I tried briefly.)

Drove mine around a bit more yesterday evening and it's very good, but there seems to be a small issue with some sort of stuttering when the range gets a bit larger - maybe my arial lead isn't the correct length...

Can you modify the acceleration curve on this system?

I was going to run it on a M03.

From the manual:

4. Start Mode: This item adjusts the start force when the motor begins to run; sometimes we call it

Punch. For XeRun series ESC, there are 9 options for this item, from Level 1 to Level 9 with

the increased start force; For eZRun series ESC, there are only 4 options for this item, from Level

1 to Level 4 with the increased start force;

A smaller pinion will help with the stuttering issue.

Really? How come? It feels more like a signal issue, as the steering stop responding at the same time...

I had the same problem. With my 8000kv Mamba. If the pinion was to big or spur was to big I would get a bad stutter, Almost like the motor was drawing to much current and draining the power to turn. If I eased into the throttle it would be fine, But if I accelerated to fast it would stutter. So Lowering the T count on the pinion resolved this problem. It may be something else for you though. My LHS told me it is better to have A real big Pinion & a real small spur with brushless. But they may be wrong. I couldent get hold of a Small spur at the time so I just used the smallest pinion I had. Now my ride flips over backwards if I punch it!.

Yeah if you loose steering it is likely signal. Do you loose steering even if its stationary?

I had a similar issue ages ago and found out the steering still worked and it was a faulty ESC. mtroniks replaced under warranty.

Make sure your antenna wire is not near any of the high volt motor or battery wires or ESC and that it is not touching any alloy, metal or graphite parts of the chassis.

You can also try plaiting the 3 motor wires, this does wonders for signal range with my Mamba and Sidewinder systems. Looks nice and neat too.

I find a lower initial power setting better to remove start off cogging (experiment and try all). The right size pinion does help. For 3400Kv I would suggest 2 to 3 less teeth than the kit pinion.

Choosing a lower Kv motor is a better option than reducing the pinion size too much for 'smaller' less traction applications like the 'M' chassis. I will be looking at 2200Kv->2800Kv motors in my M04L (should be here soon) and using the Mamba ESC to power it. That is unless you like the way out control of masses of wheelspin, lots of fun in a RWD. :D

Cheers, Mark

Thanks for the suggestions chaps...

It's not stuttering under acceleration, more like a momentary loss of signal - and only at a certain range.

I'll try rerouting the antenna cable - it's going right through all the other wires at the moment - bound to cause problems - I don't know why I didn't think of that myself.

I'll also try plaiting the motor wires.

It's almost like they didn't think anybody would bother installing any electrics in the DF03 - whatever you do you seem to need to run cables over the top of the battery compartment, underneath the driveshaft and steering rod - asking for trouble!

Yes Insane Clown as always helped me out with things I wouldnt have thought of that either, Ill also be making a note of that when i put mine in my kit, let us no if that was the problem.

I've assumed it means weaving the three together in the same way girls get their hair plaited...

I would love to see a photo of this system mounted in the Vanquish... wink, wink!

I've been thinking about getting this combo myself. How are everyone's EzRun kits running? Anyone ready to give an in-depth review yet?

Did angels turn up? Im gonna get 1 after my holiday at the end of this month, depending on how many pasties i scoff :lol:

I would love to see a photo of this system mounted in the Vanquish... wink, wink!

Here you go. Works out really well, as the ESC sits just below the side air vents.

p1000930nc0.jpg

p1000929nm2.jpg

Thanks for the photos. That's a pretty simple install too. I'll bet that's really a lot of fun in the Vanquish. When our local 1/10 scale off-road track was still open, my Vanquish would scream roar through with only a Super-Stock TZ and a ancient Tekin sport ESC...

PS: The Vanquish drivetrain should be good as long as it's got full bearings and the top cover on the rear is secure. If your worried about the center ball-diff slipping, get the "ball-diff torque splitter" hop-up and install the locked spur gear. I don't think you'd have a problem though. A little super sticky Tamiya anti-wear grease inside the front & rear gear diffs will also help put the power down in the turns.