Gruntfuggly

Ezrun Combo Is In Da House!

Did angels turn up? Im gonna get 1 after my holiday at the end of this month, depending on how many pasties i scoff :o

Yes it finally turned up but havn't had chance to try it out yet, ill let you know when I do. :lol:

Yes it finally turned up but havn't had chance to try it out yet, ill let you know when I do. :lol:

Whats that all about then?! whats more important?!?!?! :o

Just thought I'd add that my minor issues are sorted out now - I changed the receiver (again) for one with a different length aerial and also changed to punch value (using the programming card) from 3 to 4. It now runs a treat - very impressed with this system so far...

Just thought I'd add that my minor issues are sorted out now - I changed the receiver (again) for one with a different length aerial and also changed to punch value (using the programming card) from 3 to 4. It now runs a treat - very impressed with this system so far...

Have you tried the low punch? Wonder if that would suit a M chassis car.

Well I sort of assume that 4 would be the lowest setting, but to be honest with you, it's hard to tell much difference. All I know is that it doesn't stutter at full throttle anymore...

Can anyone tell me how long the lead is that goes from the ESC to the Receiver

cheers

It's about 6 inches, maybe slightly longer...

(That had better not appear in quotes of the week :rolleyes: )

There are a few videos of them on Youtube in different chassis. Perfect intro to brushless IMHO.

Works fine with normal NiCds and NiMhs, but the ESC can also handle LiPos. I think they recommend a version with a more powerful fan for LiPos though...

Brushless will work on just about any battery pack within the ESC's rating. Most systems recommend 3000mAh or higher Ni-MH. Li-Po (20C/25C) have higher discharge rates than Ni-MH hence the need for extra cooling. 7.4v also makes them rev slightly higher than a 7.2v.

My Mamba will run fine on Tamiya 1400mAh Ni-Cd packs, but it limits the amount of 'punch' and runtime is only 1/3rd that of a high power Ni-MH. It even runs fine on 5 cells to limit the rpm.

Had my MS running yesterday with the ezrun, its quick, when coming from a standard silver can, its fast enough for me, had some great fun with it and battery time was pretty good with 3700mah, couldnt fault it for the money, I think the main thing that I was pleased with was after 2 battery runs I never crashed it or broke anything :)

At a distance it did start to splutter, turning the punch down to the lowest sorted it out, couldnt really tell the difference between low puunch and high. I will be buying more of these for my future builds.

Happy driving people

My ezrun for my DF-03 Keen Hawk arrived yesterday , so i fitted it last night along with a slipper clutch and different gear pinion and boy what a difference !

The buggy is pretty fast now i like it , a lot of my running is either on the beach or on our farm which includes lots of driving over grass , with the standard motor the buggy would really struggle sometimes trying to get over the grass but not with the new motor , it flies wherever you want it to go.

Its great fun for donuts and the like now , will spin round even on tarmac at pretty much any speed. I had been lazy with the standard motor and not glued my tyres on and there had been no problems with that as the tyres were a good tight fight with inserts , but it didnt take long last night before a front tyre came off so i will be glueing the tyres on tonight haha.

My initial impression of this package is that it provides great value for money and is fast enough for any " basher " car that im likely to have.

Am I right in thinking these brushless motors are a lot smoother than normal motors? I guess that if they are, they will put less wear on the gears despite them spinning much faster?

Am I right in thinking these brushless motors are a lot smoother than normal motors? I guess that if they are, they will put less wear on the gears despite them spinning much faster?

Gear wear is relative to to friction and force. The more friction and force applied the more they will wear. As these systems apply alot more force to the driveline, increased wear is inevitable. Not all brushless sytems are crazy powerful, the right system in the right application.

These EZ-Run systems are perfect to fit to standard cars being about the power of a good 19->17 turn brushed motor.

Cheers, Mark

Just been looking at your website Alex - looks like you have some top fun at the weekends! B) I remember watching the older tuscans racing at brands hatch years ago - hugely powerful and immensely entertaining...

Mark I was asking whether or not these brushless motors actually spin more easily than brushed ones. With brushed ones, when you try to turn them by hand they do about 4 or 5 jumps to do a complete cycle, so are the brushlesses smoother than that?

Gruntfuggly, that Tuscan was an absolute beast. I've never driven something that sounded that good, went that fast or had steering so heavy that made my arms hurt for the next couple of days B) Next race in the MR2 is late August at Mallory, fingers crossed for a good result!

There is no magnetiic resistance in Brushless at all unless you set the 'drag brake' setting in the ESC. This emulates the magnetic drag of a brushed motor only when powered. Only rolling resistance in the Brushless motor is the bearings the shaft spins on and the drag through the gearbox of the car.

So yes, less wear off the throttle on the backside of the gears when the drag brake setting is disabled. I prefer the free roll of no drag brake myself, more like a GP car.

Cheers, Mark

I just read through the topic, it's quite interesting. I never thought there would be a brushless system out there for such a price.

Has anyone had issues with the Motor or ESC yet? (And then I mean in the reliability of the motor and ESC). Because if it's also reliable it may be worth buying for me as well B)