Gruntfuggly

Ezrun Combo Is In Da House!

So some advice please, atm i have the ESC set up as straight out the box. Before i play around with that i would like to check if the car is set up correct 1st.

Its a DF-02;

67T Spur

19T Pinion

Now, should i stay as that, or revert back to the 70T spur and use the 16/17T pinions?

Help appreciated.

Been busy of late and not used my M03 Swift for about a month, so I thought I would revive my interest by ordering one of these kits.

Can't wait <_<

Been busy of late and not used my M03 Swift for about a month, so I thought I would revive my interest by ordering one of these kits.

Can't wait <_<

Not knowing much about speeds etc of motors i didnt know what it was gonna be like. Its quick! Hence me ordering a 2nd.

The car goes pretty well on a Tamiya SS RZ. I tried a second hand Orion 13x4 motor and was dissappointed, because it was only very slightly faster but with 1/2 the battery life.

Not idea what this will be like but I am hoping for a speed increase over the RZ without rubbish run times.

put the ezrun in my DF03.............not that impressed at all to be honest, not much quicker than a decent 27T stock motor if you ask me, will have another go tomorrow with some different batts ^_^

put the ezrun in my DF03.............not that impressed at all to be honest, not much quicker than a decent 27T stock motor if you ask me, will have another go tomorrow with some different batts ^_^

Whats a 27T stock then?

That sounds unusual... did you go through the settings with the controller card?

Agreed, its much faster than any stock motor ive used. Check you have set it up correctly, or that you are not running a gear ratio thats to high.

That sounds unusual... did you go through the settings with the controller card?

yes the settings look ok, I too am very surprised as I bought 2 of these, one for a friend which is in his desert gator and goes very well.

As for gear ratios, I am using a 23T pinion (so would have expected good acceleration) but will fit the kit 26T pinion tomorrow and give it a go. the drive train and bearings seem ok, the car just lacks any real punch B)

Maybe you've got the first duff one - I would imagine that QC isn't amazing when the price is that low...

Good luck - I hope it turns out to be something silly!

I tried to make a quick vid of my ff01 to show you the eZrun, the vid was ******* but made me laugh so i thought id share.

Changed the pinion and put an old matched saddle pack that I used for racing before I went to Lipo and it went much better B)

I tried to make a quick vid of my ff01 to show you the eZrun, the vid was ******* but made me laugh so i thought id share.

and what kind of gearing were you using? doesn;t look all that fast to me B)

Yes, thats why its a poor vid! i was using a nearly out battery and there was too many cars on the road.

If i can pursuade the wife to hold the cam ill do it again.

No, they are not lightening fast, but they are only 40 and go quite well in a basher, if you want a really fast setup you need to spend considerably more, like the 235 system I have in my HB Cyclone.........

Yes, thats why its a poor vid! i was using a nearly out battery and there was too many cars on the road.

I can't believe you run your car on a main road! Have you ever had any accidents? B)

Get to it. B)

My M03 runs normal 1/10th size wheels, so will proper go very similar to a FF chassis.

one of these days you may cause an accident, running the R/C near a crowded main road like that... It's a good distraction.

No, they are not lightening fast, but they are only 40 and go quite well in a basher, if you want a really fast setup you need to spend considerably more, like the 235 system I have in my HB Cyclone.........

I see, the bloke @ the LHS gave me a simple rule when considering brushless.. something to do with a whatever the number of turn there is in brushless, multiply it by 1.6 or 2 to get the brushed equivalent. So a 9 turn brushless will be similar in performance to roughly an 18 turn brushed motor, or lower.

Ah well, I'll give it a run in the 2 speed kyosho, if i like it, then i'll keep it there, otherwise i'll simply move it to my ff01 (knowing it can handle more power -better- than an FF02/M03 could ever hope for).

I forgot what kind of gear set I was using last time, but yeah, I got the brushed 2 speeder running at the same pace of the brushless down the back straight, and still out accelerate them in the corner (it goes through brushes like crazy) So I reckon a brushless with a 2 speed will be ballistic (keeping the motor in it's optimum torque band).

Ill beg to differ if you dont mind. I had a 15T HPI brushed in my df02 then swapped to the eZrun. The difference was ten fold and the car felt crazy compared to the 15T, im no expert on these ill admit. But its down to perception, i perceive it as being fast, and thats what matters.

Oh and that was a little after rush our when i did that vid, i normally only go out late, normally when its dark.

Hey all,

I am busy building up a TB02 Porsche GT Carrera to do some drifting with, I thought this motor combo might go quite well in it, is there anything that I should consider or watch for before going to it. If it fails, I can always put it in my Traxxas Slash.

After reading through this topic, I see that most of you are using these in buggies and off roaders, and for drifting I am not looking for that much speed, just more torque than a stock motor.

Thanks, looks like thes could be great option for the price..

Regards

Andy

EDIT : The other thing I wanted to know, and it is not clear in the ebay description....does it have a low-voltage cutoff built in to the ESC?