Hibernaculum

Perfect, Box Art, Original Rc10?

As far as the driver's helmet is concerned, I am having difficulty matching the box art one, but I have found something reasonably close in the way of the motorcycle riders in the 1987 Tamiya catalog, page 39. Only thing is these are 1/12 scale. See partial scan below. Does anyone have know of better match for the driver's helmet on the box art car?

Cheers,

Alistair G.

post-6936-1279813267_thumb.jpg

Watching this with interest as I have just acquired a vintage RC10 and am keen to learn all I can about it!

Thanks for the thread :lol:

You have seen the dates though?

Can't work out whether this is directed at me (probably not?). But in case it is, I can only say...

What?!

Sorry I don't understand. What dates? Where?

ARG

OK I just got hold of the "Import Fighter" advert from (so I read) RCM Magazine of April 1985 (not RCM and E or the Australian one, the USA one instead. Actually I got mine as just the bare advert of 2 page spread taken from the magazine, I didn't get the rest of the magazine with it). It shows the box art of the RC10 very well.

I took a photo of the Isuzu Mu in the 1993 Tamiya Radio Controlled Guide Book, for the orange as a reference, and had the Cadillac box and the Import Fighter ad in the same picture so you can see what the orange is like for matching the box art. My box may be faded a little, the orange on the RC10 on my box is certainly a lot lighter than the orange in the RC10 in the Import Fighter ad. The orange in the ad is very intense and a little dark.

https://plus.google....1009?banner=pwa

Still however looking for the "Car Radios" ad of Futaba Corporation of America from 1984 showing the box art car in the bottom right of the ad. Anyone know what magazine it was in (which issue) ?

http://www.rc10talk.com/download/file.php?id=15897&mode=view

Cheers,

Alistair G.

did we ever decide what the driver figure was? i'm looking hard at the buggy champ( rough rider re-release) B parts for the torso, but the helmet does not have visor like the rc10 box art. the b parts also have 4 headlights that may have been used in the box art-- as I understand it, the early rc10 kits did not include headlights.

pictures of the B parts are on tamiyausa.com but I can't paste anything into this window and i'm not typing it in manually.

there are Tamiya f1 helmets with visors available on ebay, I assume those would work.