Sign in to follow this  
retromodeller

Kyosho Burns Chassis Plate

I'm looking for a new unused chassis for a Kyosho Burns and a set of gold shocks . Does anyone know where these are still being stocked ?

Many Thanks

I'm looking for a new unused chassis for a Kyosho Burns and a set of gold shocks . Does anyone know where these are still being stocked ?

Many Thanks

Your best bet is ebay unless you are able to find a shop with really old stock hidden somewhere.

This is where I am a little confused about the part number . I thought the USA 1 used the same chassis as it was based on the Burns but according to the Ben Racing Kyosho Spares Page 7 the USA chassis number is BS51B (which they have in stock) but my instruction manual says the Burns chassis is part number is BS61(which I cant find anywhere) . I'm after some clarification on this as I dont want to order the wrong part number . I've been all over Ebay but cant seem to find anything but I'll just have to keep looking .

hello, the clarification is simple;

BS51 is the Original Burns chassis

BS51B is USA-1 Chassis that is a direct fit for the Burns but have an additional 3 hole to mount the reduction gear and 4 holes to mount the GS21 engine (Click here to see it) also the front and rear sections of the BS51B is little bit changed from BS51 but still both are interchangeable.

BS61 is the Turbo Burns Chassis, see it here;

DSC04155.jpg

it is longer than the BS51 and BS51B, moreover the screws in the BS61 are counter sunk flat screws not like the ones on the BS51 and BS51B which are normal round head screws. don't try searching for the BS61 cause it is nearly impossible to find a new one.

If you desperately in need for a chassis then get the BS51B which a shorter chassis, and get with it 2 pieces of BS117 (center shafts to replace your longer Turbo Burns center shafts), and you'll be OK.

This is where I am a little confused about the part number . I thought the USA 1 used the same chassis as it was based on the Burns but according to the Ben Racing Kyosho Spares Page 7 the USA chassis number is BS51B (which they have in stock) but my instruction manual says the Burns chassis is part number is BS61(which I cant find anywhere) . I'm after some clarification on this as I dont want to order the wrong part number . I've been all over Ebay but cant seem to find anything but I'll just have to keep looking .

Actually I think I have the original Burns but the only manual I could download was for the Turbo Burns and I assumed wrongly they had the same chassis .It definately isn't the Turbo Burns as it does not have the counter sinking on the chassis screws.
post-9866-1218989389.jpg . As you can see it is looking a little tired so I want to replace it . It certainly is good news that I can go ahead and order BS51B . Thanks for all the contributions on this topic as this is my first Burns project .
Thankyou INTEGRA FAN for your help - I will need a replacement shell in the near future and will be contacting you for a number of items from your ever growing list .

The Original Burns manual is here

the chassis you'll be buying looks like this:

3.jpg

notice the difference in the rear section

the chassis you have is in very good condition, just power brush it from both sides and it'll be new.

Kyosho also made an Optional chassis for the Burns (BSW7) with a thicker plate and counter sunk screws. SEE IT HERE

let me know if you need any further information.

Actually I think I have the original Burns but the only manual I could download was for the Turbo Burns and I assumed wrongly they had the same chassis .It definately isn't the Turbo Burns as it does not have the counter sinking the the chassis screws.
post-9866-1218989389.jpg . As you can see it is looking a little tired so I want to replace it . It certainly is good news that I can go ahead and order BS51B . Thanks for all the contributions on this topic as this is my first Burns project .
Thankyou INTEGRA FAN for your help - I will need a replacement shell in the near future and will be contacting you for a number of items from your ever growing list .

Many Thanks for the correct manual - this will prove invaluable in the re-build . My existing chassis is OK with no scratches underneath . It was actually well protected by a thick layer of Caster oil which is taking forever to get off. What bugs me about the chassis is the hole someone cut into the chassis just in front of the rear wheel - this is pictured bottom right of my picture and the small notches files around the engine mounting holes . I dont have the equipment to weld over these and machine the welds to as good as new so a replacement chassis will be on order soon .

Resurrect this 14 yr old thread :)

I am restoring a Burns, anyone got either BS51 or BSW7 they want to sell? Doesn’t have to be pretty but no holes drilled and it needs to be straight please. The stock chassis I have is bent.