spencem875

Df-02 Clearance Mod

I saw this on another site so i thought id share it. As most know the clearance on the df-02 isnt that great but this little mod will increase it by about 1/4 (not loads i know but every little helps)

You need 4 of these:

DSC03849.JPG

If you dont know these are motherboard spacers that you would normally find in any home PC.

DSC03850.JPG

They will go on the bottom of the shock

DSC03851.JPG

Like so

I found the rear's didnt need any threadlock as they screwed in nicely but the fronts needed some. This may have been shown before but as i came across it i thought id share, ill post a pic when they are back on the car.

Exactly what i was wondering, my DF-03 would benefit from an increase in clearance.

Threadlock is dry, can really see a difference, picture does not do it justice:

DSC03859.JPG

If you need more clearance you have to cit away some of the rear A-arms and set the bottom shock mounts to the inner most hole. Cut enough plastic away so that the axle cups dont rub the plastic on the arms. This gives the DF-02 AMPLE clearance. I was just jumping the buggy yesterday off a 5 foot wall and I did'nt get ANY chassis slap with my set up. I have the rear shocks filled with Losi 70 wt oil and use Associated dampers with the collar about 35% lowered. I also use the buggy on sand often and again I have great clearance.

Thanks for the shock tip though ;) I am getting more and more into this df-02 B) You will probably like my df-02 truck conversion comming soon.

If you need more clearance you have to cit away some of the rear A-arms and set the bottom shock mounts to the inner most hole. Cut enough plastic away so that the axle cups dont rub the plastic on the arms. This gives the DF-02 AMPLE clearance. I was just jumping the buggy yesterday off a 5 foot wall and I did'nt get ANY chassis slap with my set up. I have the rear shocks filled with Losi 70 wt oil and use Associated dampers with the collar about 35% lowered. I also use the buggy on sand often and again I have great clearance.

For reference... the bottom of the chassis in the picture is right on line with the bottom of the wheel nut. My chassis is on line a millimeter above the top of the wheel nut. Not a HUGE difference but a difference so I imagine if I did the shock mod, I'd be that much higher. Just sharing my experience B)

Thanks for the shock tip though :D I am getting more and more into this df-02 ;) You will probably like my df-02 truck conversion comming soon.

I have already moved the shocks into the inner most hole, can you show me a pic of what you cut away?