Sign in to follow this  
Shanekiv

Battery Chargers

When I bought my first tamiya, Ta02, off ebay it came with an unbranded battery pack and a charger that looked like it came from a nikko or something. I have been using this battery and charger for a while now but the battery doen't last very long. I have seen batteries like 7.2v 3800mah on ebay and I was wondering if I could just use a Nikko 7.2v charger or similar instead of a very expensive and complicated looking fast/ slow charger or whatever they are.

I have also attached some pics of something I got with the car. Can anyone tell me what it is?

As you can tell, I am a complete newbie.

post-25569-1219073250.jpg

post-25569-1219073265.jpg

The charger pictured runs off a car battery and will only charge R/C batteries between 1300 and 1800 mah so if you were to get the 3800 you have seen on ebay, this charger is no good for them. You might already know this with it having the info on the charger so sorry if i've stated the obvious! ;)

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea what the charger was so thanks for the help. I have no need for it so is it even worth selling?

I have also found this on ebay and I was wondering if it is any good. How long should it take to charge and how long will it last?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHARGER-7-2V-3800mAh...id=p3286.c0.m14

Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

post-25569-1219100466.jpg

depending on your buget go for an ansmann 12v charger, HERE, its 35 but it does everything you could ever need.

+ up to 5000 mA charging current

+ 1-14 NiCd/NiMH cells

+ 1-5 Li-Po/Li-ION cells

+ 1-6 Pb cells

My mates got one and its great.

They do a 12 and 240v version too HERE but its 48.

Thanks for the reply but I don't use my car a lot and I was thinking 10-15 max. How long would I get out of a 3800mah battery while running a stock 540 motor and a Msoniks ESC?

A word of warning.

Until recently I was one of the three people in the UK selling the super power 7.2v 3800mah batteries. the first couple of batches I had were perfect giving good run times but I and another seller have now stopped selling them as the latest load to arrive have been of terrible quality, lasting less time than an old Ripmax 1300mah battery.

I've even had some test batteries marked up as 5800mah arrive that lasted less than 5 minutes on a standard 540 motor.

Quality is VERY variable at the moment on Chinese batteries and I don't think its worth the risk but it is your money in the end