Steadly

Help With A New Purchase !

hi im off to my local model shop tomorrow and i`m torn with what to buy , is the durga any good? or should i stick to my first choice of the frog ! i knew this was going to happen when i found this site a few weeks ago a hobby more expensive than marriage!

Depends on what your preference is..

The Frog will probably be more fun.

The Durga will be much more capable and you could run wild brushless power through it.

Durga is a great car to drive, right out of the box. Even better handling than the DF03. If you want one, go for it. Fit a slipper and it handles some serious power.

If you do a bit of a search, you'll find that the DB01 has a minor assembly issue - some of the screws are a tad hard to screw in (especially the ones that screw the A12 suspension blocks to the chassis in step 2). It doesn't have tapping screws, and expects you to screw them into very tough plastic, so it's easy to strip the screw head. You'll either need to replace some of the screws with hex head screws, or at least pre-tap the screw holes and use a bit of grease on the screws.

See the oople review, it's great: oople Durga Review

But it's a more 'serious' racing car.

If you want a fun car with character, the Frog is a great choice too. Not the strongest drivetrain in the world, and the dogbones tend to pop out on the re-re, and the steering uprights can fall apart... But again, small niggles.

- James

ok so i went to the shop , didn`t leave with a durga i bought a dark impact and a frog , the impact is nearly complete and i have become very intimate with my kitchen floor looking for the 2mm snap clips i keep dropping! i`ll post a picture of her in a while . I have not built any rc cars for years and this one has been a pleasure!

ok so i went to the shop , didn`t leave with a durga i bought a dark impact and a frog , the impact is nearly complete and i have become very intimate with my kitchen floor looking for the 2mm snap clips i keep dropping! i`ll post a picture of her in a while . I have not built any rc cars for years and this one has been a pleasure!

Congratulations. My living room coffee table is my current work area, and is covered with RC car parts (building BMW M3). Feels good to be building something that will be functional. First RC car/plan I've built in about 15 yrs.

Nice, have fun with them!

You should get a Tamiya e-clip tool, they are invaluable for those annoying e-clips!

Holding them in a plastic bag while putting them on/taking them off prevents the e-clip from flying off into the world of lost objects.

- James

ok i know you`ve all seen th impact before but here is a pic of mine complete DSC00467.jpg

and i`m very happy with her , now for more speed ! and thanks to everyone for the advice