OK Ebay gurus :P how can I customise the left hand 'refine your search' options so it always picks up worldwide listings, and gets rid of the unecessary rubbish like 'manufacturer, condition or power source'?

It used to be so simple to do a search, click towards the top of the columns to refine the category and maybe UK/worldwide. Now I scroll up and down and up and down for miles and miles and miles. And why when I do a search on a similar item it goes and blimmin resets itself, so I have to go back to the up and down several screen-worths of ticking the worldwide box! I don't want to 'refine' my search - I know what I want! And I also hate it trying to automatically finish a search word. If I want to search on 'Tamiya' I want to do just that, not find the stupid Ebay has auto guessed for me as 'Tamiya Sand Scorcher' or 'Tamiya Mini'.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I want a big stick to beat it into submission!

Thank goodness I have some favourite searches pre-saved to preserve some sanity B)

Come on admit it - isn't the new look driving you nuts too?

Yup

Click on one of your saved searches, so it comes up with the results, then use the search box there to search for stuff - it uses the old format :P

I now have the page below stored as the fave link for ebay

Just replace the 'D80 Cover' text with what you're after

You could try ringing them B)

post-1185-1219256361.jpg

Not at all, I've only used the new search briefly then went back to the old one. I just chose the "Opt out of the new search experience" link top right of the pages I see and it's been the old style ever since.

The old favourites link I always started with is this one.

Not at all, I've only used the new search briefly then went back to the old one. I just chose the "Opt out of the new search experience" link top right of the pages I see and it's been the old style ever since.

I 'opted out' but it seemed to be a 'cookie thing', as I now have the new search unless I bypass it by using old search results.

At some point I dumped all my cookies, and it's new only now

AFAIK everyone will get the new version eventually. Don't think I've actually bought anything rc related on ebay for about 3 months.

Dont you love the best match deal? If you do not even enter anything into the search bar, it still knows to show you exactly what you could care less about looking at. :P

eBay has gone down hill so fast in the last 2 months that when it hit the bottom, it broke into unrepairable bits.

well i did opt out, then i clicked on the link thingy on the ebay shop link just to make sure, then i deleted cookies and hey presto been on old one for over a month now :]

dazaa

I found Ebay a little more co-operative this morning, don't need to throw a tizzy today. :)

Glad some of you have shared in my frustration! Bah - such is the nature of progress :D

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/

go to that address and click to opt out of the new search.

close your browser and then re open it. You might have to get rid of your cookies.

this worked fine for me using firefox 3.

ebays new search UI is - rubbish!

:D

thank god for that!

cheers - it's now made my ebay experience bearable again!

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Ebay decided mid morning this morning that they were sure I'd like to be "opted back in" to the stupid new search. :)<_<:wub::angry:

Fortunately this thread hasn't been assimilated by Ebay so I found the link to opt back out again. :)

I found Ebay a little more co-operative this morning, don't need to throw a tizzy today. :P

Glad some of you have shared in my frustration! Bah - such is the nature of progress :)

Progress is only progress if it is an improvement, otherwise it is change for the sake of change !

I hate the new look - that said - I have spent a small fortune on ebay in the last two weeks !