Sign in to follow this  
03BeastCharmer

Tt-01 Short Wheelbase Body On Standard Chassis?

I just got a TT-01 BMW M3 Sport Evo kit, and also want to get the BMW Z4 M body (51295 ) to go on it. In reading about the Z4 M kit is says that is a short wheel base kit by reversing the rear suspension arms (251mm). Will this change prevent the body from fitting on a standard setup TT-01 chassis?

Thanks

Since this is my first post I figure I'll give my history. Years ago as a little kid I had Wild Willy's that I ground the wheelie loops off on from having so much fun with it :D I also had a Grasshopper. I wanted a Buiser, but got talked out of it by my mom, and then finally picked one up about 4 years ago. After my original cars I got into RC planes, and had about 5 planes before going to college and did not having time or a transport vehicle to continue flying. Last week my brother vaulted me back into Tamiya RC's with the TT-01 M3. Both the M3 and the Z4 M are perfect for me since I'm a car nut, and a BMW M nut even more. My weekend/track car is a Z4 M.

Any standard wheelbase TT01 will simply need their rear arms flipped to use 251mm wheelbase bodies. You'd notice smaller turn radius due to shorter wheelbase.

just buy another TT01 kit

by the time you buy a bodyset, wheels/tyres, TLU01 light kit and an ESC... it'll add up to about price of kit anyway :D

:) Was hoping I could just swap out the bodies depending on my mood.

Well I've built the M3. I added ball bearing during the built process, otherwise it's stock (at least for now). Here is a picture of it along with my Bruiser.

319148bb8a58f156d.jpg

319148bb8a586fb4c.jpg

I'll probably bring the M3 out at car events to play with during down time. In the little testing I've done in the driveway it feels plenty quick (for now), but since I generally say that about my real cars right before I start ordering aftermarket parts for them, I'm not going to hold my breath on it staying this stock long term.