Sign in to follow this  
gingerjoe

Can You Name My Chassis?

hey people, new to the forum! dug out my old Tamiya chassis other day, want to get it going again, need a few bits, not to worried about having top gear atm! Would just be nice to get it going again as I said, gonna try pick up a few batterys, a speed controller with reverse, reciever, & a new motor, so if anyone has anything going cheap, would appreciate it! this is the chassis, reason why is because its snapped & need a new middle, its connected for now o.k with some bigger screws, wanna pick myself up a mini cooper shell too, or if anyone knows if you can get a Mini clubman shell, would be well inpressed, heres the chassis! name it plllease! :]

rccar.jpg

TA-03R I think. Don't think you'll find a Mini shell to fit it though, afaik all the Mini shells are M size.

i looked & the only match I found is a tA03RS, so im guessing thats the one, cant find anything on ebay, suppose ill have to deal with it, sooo anyone got some cheapooo parts? :D

Yeah parts are still avaliable and not that hard to find, As for the mini there is the TG10 mini thats getting rather hard to find, alternatively you might find a non tamiya one. e.g. hpi

Cheers

Ryck

The chassis is a TA03RS, a rare variant that only had a short production run. If the chassis is broken again there aren't many of them about as it is shorter than the normal TA03 chassis tub. It is unique in having a 237mm wheelbase which means there is a limited number of bodyshells that will fit it. The only bodies that will go on it are the Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1, PIAA Porsche 911 and the Lancia 037, all of which are very rare and very expensive bodies. The only alternatives are the Citroen Saxo and Peugeot 106 Maxi bodies from HPI Racing.

Everything apart from the TA03RS chassis, reinforcing plate and drive belt are readily available though.

If you want to convert it to a normal 257mm wheelbase chassis so any touring car size body will fit you will need the standard TA03 tub chassis tub and reinforcing plate, or the TA03R Frp Chassis Conversion set. You will also need a replacement TA03 drive belt.

Once the wheelbase has been extended then Tamiyas Mini Cooper body(part number 50841) and wheels(50843) for the TG10 chassis.

now that is a reply! haha, cheers buddie, Ive allready got the porshe 911 shell, Im just a very big classic mini fan & would love to have a cooper or clubman shell, ( I dont know if a clubman shell exsists, would be amazing ) really appreciate the help buddie, Im gonna leave it as it is, its still more than drivable, Just where its been screwed back together, the front end is a little of to the left, about 2mm, but I can just ajust it on the servo so the wheels go straight.

this is where it snapped.

4-10.jpg

this is the porshe shell :]

3-11.jpg

ill post up in the wanted section tomorow for some electrics.

oooh this is my other car too, not sure what this is either. haha.

(its been to long :D )

5-8.jpg

That's a Stadium Blitzer. It shares the same chassis as the Blitzer Beetle and Stadium Thunder, but the only one with white wheels is the Stadium Blitzer.

You could do with making up a plate to tie the front gearbox on that TA03 to the front of the chassis, left as it is the front end will eventually break off at the upper mounting point as well.