zenboy99

Modifying My Wild Dagger

Hello, I'm new to this forum, just pulled my Wild Dagger out of storage and wanted to update it a little bit.

I bought some chassis parts on E-bay, plan on getting the Tamiya ESC TEU-103BK. I read on here that some of you recomend sport tuned motors, do you mean the RS540 motors? Are there other motors I should be looking at? I'm going to stick with one battery pack for now.

With that setup, what kind of battery should I be running?

Also, where can I get different bodies and wheels that will fit this chasis

Thanks for all your help.

yes, the sport tuned motors are rs540 [black]. they work very well with that esc. i've seen them recently for $12.99-16.99 +s/h. quite a good price, really.

i'm having trouble finding a tamiya body for mine, but something else might work? suggestions, anyone?

3000 to 4200mah batteries give excellent run times.

my only complaint is that the front dogbones pop out sometimes - usually after a bad landing with the wheels cranked; my fault really.

if you don't have bearings in the gearboxes already, its really worth doing. much smoother and easy to do. :)

Thanks for the replies. I already have the bearing kit.

Anyone else know about bodies? I've measured up the dimensions and hope to find something that will work at a local hobby shop.

Will I have to charge the new 3300 battery different than my 1500?

Can't recommend any body since I still use the stock ones for my kid's double blaze and Dualhunter.

About your battery. What charger are you using? (1500) NiCds are different from (3000) NiMh.