moxyuk

Finding Old Tamiya Cars

hi

just looking at showrooms and wanted to no where the best place to find vintage cars/spares etc other than ebay

been to lots of carboots and never seen anything there. where do must of you guys get them from?????

cheers moxy

Its best to go early to car boots because bargains go quick!!

Sometimes its worth looking in your local paper because people have r/cs there as well :)

Its best to go early to car boots because bargains go quick!!

Agreed! Having being a seller at two car boot sales this year (please, never again :) ), the good stuff (not just from our tables, but from everyone) went to those buyers who turned up early and weren't afraid to root through piles of unsorted stuff in the back of the car! Ferocious! ;)

That said, I wandered round both as folk were setting up and never saw anything reasonable RC wise. I'd suggest that this site offers a good way to buy or sell! :D

Car boot sales do turn up good bargains, but as said above you need to be there when everything is setting up.

rubbish tips are good places to look around, found a MINT(apart from needing a 5 gearset and now a gearcover as i have lost it:((( ) schumacher wildcat truggy thingy, anyway ebay is the best place to look is on rc car listings on ebay where sellers dont know what they are selling.

dazaa

rubbish tips are good places to look around, found a MINT(apart from needing a 5 gearset and now a gearcover as i have lost it:((( ) schumacher wildcat truggy thingy, anyway ebay is the best place to look is on rc car listings on ebay where sellers dont know what they are selling.

dazaa

Is it safe to to be on land fill sites

i allways moan that i dont find any rc stuff at car boot sales. however this morning we went and had a stall at a car boot. amongst other stuff i had a buggy and transmitters for sale on the stall. we sold everything except the rc stuff! only had a few people asked, and they moaned that the car had no electrics, and the trannys had no xtals. don't know if i will take rc stuff again.

Its not safe to be in the land fill site :D

might find a box with a load of mint bruisers and then get crushed by a dump truck lol

just got back from a car boot and found a bargain. re-re grasshopper n.i.b. just missing esc, for 10 :rolleyes: . gona be built by tonight

just got back from a car boot and found a bargain. re-re grasshopper n.i.b. just missing esc for 10 :D . gona be built by tonight

Bargin! Give ya 20 for it?! :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree car boot sales are worth a look,

I found a QD blackfoot in great condition at my local one for A$5 a few weeks ago.

Fun looking around them anyway. Never know what other bargains you might come across.

Rob