andi4x4

Dogbone Lengths ?

Right,

Some of you may have read my post regarding making the width of a TL01B a little narrower to suit the Frewer Metro 6R4 shell I have , so , what I have come up with is this:-

front lower TL01B arms on the back and rear lowers from a TL01 touring/rally chassis on the front, with custom, adjustable top links.

Now, this makes it about the right size, and, I can play with wheel offsets and axle/hex combinations to fine tune it, but, what I need now are some dogbones to fit -

So, does anyone know the lengths of any of the Tamiya dogbones used in certain kits ? I need a dogbone that is 12mm longer than the standard TL01 touring size, but, the TL01B buggy ones are too long. The standard TL01 touring dogbones are 39mm long, so a dogbone of 51mm ( give or take a mm ) should do the job.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Looks like there might be a Kyosho part to suit, not a clue for a proper part number though.

Have a look at item numbers 380063382783, 230289472452 & 380061389807 on Fleabay UK :)

Ooooh good one

Keep us posted on this plz andi4x4

I'm in the same boat as you, used a TL01B as a donor for a 6R4 shell too

I don't know about the knuckle dimensions, but the HPI RS4 uses 50mm 'bones.

Mcovalsk has some in the trades too. :)

Thanks for the info Jacque !

I need to make some mods to the front end as I still need to add some more to the front to make it a little wider. I am considering making a couple of small spacer plates to bolt to the "C" hub, drilled to bolt on by the wishbone pivot holes, with another set of wishbone pivot holes drilled in them to enable me to mount the "C" hubs further out -

Unless I can find some "C" hubs that stick out futher !

Will let you know how it all turns out !

Thanks for the info Jacque !

I need to make some mods to the front end as I still need to add some more to the front to make it a little wider. I am considering making a couple of small spacer plates to bolt to the "C" hub, drilled to bolt on by the wishbone pivot holes, with another set of wishbone pivot holes drilled in them to enable me to mount the "C" hubs further out -

Unless I can find some "C" hubs that stick out futher !

Will let you know how it all turns out !

Extending the C hubs like that will compromise the steering geometry, you can get the same effect by fitting longer front axles (which will also compromise the steering, but the increased load will be focused on the wheel bearings which are cheap & easy to replace).

Have a look at my Wideboy TT01, that method may gain you enough width.

Extending the C hubs like that will compromise the steering geometry, you can get the same effect by fitting longer front axles (which will also compromise the steering, but the increased load will be focused on the wheel bearings which are cheap & easy to replace).

Have a look at my Wideboy TT01, that method may gain you enough width.

Hi Jacque,

Its not the hubs I want to extend - its the "C" shaped part that they sit in - the bit that connects the hubs to the upper and lower links. Your method is great on the back of the car, but, it upsets the steering geometry a little, so, I was going to try to extend the upper and lower links. Got them as long as I can with the bits I have available, so, now I need to add a bit in !