Sign in to follow this  
Jorisschulte

Rx-540sd Technipower

Hello fellows,

Does anyone know if the Technipower is originally equipped with "pigtails"?

Or does anyone know if a manual for this moter exists and if it can be downloaded somewhere?

thanks and regards,

Joris Schulte

Hello fellows,

Does anyone know if the Technipower is originally equipped with "pigtails"?

Or does anyone know if a manual for this moter exists and if it can be downloaded somewhere?

thanks and regards,

Joris Schulte

Hi Joris,

I don't think they were originally equipped. I soldered some on mine myself. I couldn't find a manual for the Technipower, but page 28 of the Porsche 959 details how to solder the pigtails on the Technigold, which is similar enough to show you what to do. The manual is available in the reference section of the main Tamiyaclub site.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Hi Joris,

I don't think they were originally equipped. I soldered some on mine myself. I couldn't find a manual for the Technipower, but page 28 of the Porsche 959 details how to solder the pigtails on the Technigold, which is similar enough to show you what to do. The manual is available in the reference section of the main Tamiyaclub site.

Hope that helps,

Chris

I have the manual for the Technipower somewhere, I think it's in my Super Shot manual. I'll see if I can scan it for you.

From what I can remember, the pigtails were provided with it, but weren't soldered on. The manual instructs you to solder them on. They're not necessary to run the motor, but recommended as they improve current flow to the brushes.

- James

Better late then never....I never got an email that I had replies here in this topic.

Thanks very much for your replies on this matter.

best regards,

Joris