garry

New Releases from Tamiya

converting it to 4wd doesn't look too difficult.. and i can see they use some E10 bits as well...

That's what I saw, and let me down. If there was a cheesier plastic rocket to come out of a brand name company than the TT01, the E10 would be it. Fair enough it's a higher spec model, but ughh....

I'm guessing Tamiya will be releasing a Fiat 500 Abarth pretty soon. The new retro car is selling like very well in europe. Abarth version looks cool too.

One of the HPI bodies for its new M chassis is the new Fiat 500 :blink:

58417_l.jpg

:blink:

What? so they'll shorten the wheelbase on that body? doesn't seem right. I'd expect the new WRX hatch to have a 253mm wheelbase, not this sedan one which has been mass produced in 256mm wheelbase. It has a nice rally stance though.

That's what I saw, and let me down. If there was a cheesier plastic rocket to come out of a brand name company than the TT01, the E10 would be it. Fair enough it's a higher spec model, but ughh....

Well, the E10 got the rear diffuser the TT01 doesn't :P And further, using a 4mm screw to secure the wheel is actually a nice idea. Looks way cleaner than the usual wheel nuts. If only they got the wheel hubs in alloys. I'm liking the E10 for the realistic wannabe aspect of it.

Well the stance and the chassis do look very promising with the central weight distribution which will be good and hopefully more direct steering than the TB01. However I am a little concerned about the lack of an inner body to see in order to keep the large debris out, does anyone know if it will work with that of a DF03?

As for the shell i think it has indeed been in the wash not only in wheelbase but also more specifically for the front as you can tell with the monte carlo event sticker being up onto the front vent which i dont think it is normally, Still this is no bad thing either as a shorter stubby chassis should be more repsonsive and also the lack of a big nose will help it on the bumps and kicks as mine is always nose diving.

Anyone got any idea on the diffs or release date?

Cheers

Ryck

I find it sad that they shortened the shell, and that with the decal just looks awfully sloppy... I'd suggest they rather made something to change the wheelbase from 251 to 260, like on the TT01... And indeed, it also hasn't got any type of inner body (as far as we know)...

It all makes it sound like another compromised car... But I think the Traxxas Slash, HPI Baja 5 Truck and the comeback of a Tamiya rally chassis may show a comeback of interest in scale cars :P And Tamiya will be the first one to cover the ground of a 1/10 rally chassis... Plus it's based on a DF03, so the parts availability should be fine for many parts even if it turns out it doesn't sell well...

And why wouldn't it sell well? There's a market for these cars, the only choice is tamiya at the moment and a capable chassis as a base makes it a very promising car... And I think most people at TC are used to customizing their cars and making custom parts to make it perfectly suited to them, shouldn't be a problem on this one then either! :blink:

Edit: ---- Yeah! They've added pics of it on TamiyaUSA!

looks like the cockpit set isn't making a comeback either.... :blink:

What's all this about a shortened wheelbase on the body??? :blink:

Please tell me this new chassis will be the standard 257mm wheelbase so exisiting Tamiya bodies will fit...... I am so happy to see a rally chassis back in the line-up, hey it may not be exactly what we all want in a rally chassis but at least it is something, we all know what Tamiya does when something becomes very popular, so with a bit of luck we will see a nice run of rally cars for a few years.

I am not a huge WRX fan but at looks like it has LED lights, so it would make a nice STI version. I think a Suzuki SX4 Rally body would be magic on this new chassis.

I am excited :P:):D

I hope that with some modification, the car can be transformed into 257/260mm... And indeed, again no cockpit... The SWB rally cars (so far that's only the Suzuki SX4)? will look great on it though. And for a cockpit you'd have to get a TB01 driver figure or the full cokpit sets...

For a chassis cover, I would take a look at the DF03 bodies. With a bit of luck the shape of the tub hasn't changed too much (only shortened) and a DF03 body could be a nice fit over the tub to protect your electronics :rolleyes:

However I am a little concerned about the lack of an inner body to see in order to keep the large debris out, does anyone know if it will work with that of a DF03?
The chassis itself is exactly the same as the buggies, Tamiya have done what they did with the TA01 and swept the rear wishbones forwards to shorten the wheelbase. Any of the buggy shells will fit as an underbody although if someone is considering sorting out an interior the flat topped Dark Impact shell would give a good base.

The chassis itself is exactly the same as the buggies, Tamiya have done what they did with the TA01 and swept the rear wishbones forwards to shorten the wheelbase. Any of the buggy shells will fit as an underbody although if someone is considering sorting out an interior the flat topped Dark Impact shell would give a good base.

Why not just buy lexan by the sheet and create your own under body? That way you can also create an underbody that velcros toward the top instead of the sides where dirt can get in under...

Does this mean that those of us with DF03's will be able to get some additional bits (body posts and arms) and convert our buggies into 'proper' cars?

Tamiya CR-01 Jeep Wrangler (58429)

58429_183.png

New Jeepster bodies!

Is the new Jeep CR-01 lexan or hard plastic body? Will be good if it is hard, much nicer on scalers.

Guest Torquer
looks like the cockpit set isn't making a comeback either.... :rolleyes:

I'm largely dissapointed with the lack drivers and cockpit set these days....

And for a cockpit you'd have to get a TB01 driver figure or the full cokpit sets...

Are these sets still available for purchase from Tamiya?

Guest Torquer

Tamiya please bring back the driver sets...

RC_Trio2003_1229_009_.jpg

58429_183.png

New Jeepster bodies!

Surely not, thats just an XC hardbody mounted on a CR-01 :rolleyes: but then again, I just bought a NIB Jeep bodyset for a hefty price so murphys law is guess......

New Jeepster bodies!

As has been said that's the old wrangler shell on there. Considering the latest announced release (the DF-03RA) has a model number of 58417 if the Jeep is for real there's at least another 12 kits to be released before it appears. If it was that far off production it wouldn't be sitting in a display case for everyone to see.

And the wheelbase is also not really something that fits this body...

Well does the wheelbase match on the Landy then? :lol: Anyway... It is indeed pretty unlikely, but I don't consider it impossible...

I hope that with some modification, the car can be transformed into 257/260mm... And indeed, again no cockpit... The SWB rally cars (so far that's only the Suzuki SX4)? will look great on it though. And for a cockpit you'd have to get a TB01 driver figure or the full cokpit sets...

For a chassis cover, I would take a look at the DF03 bodies. With a bit of luck the shape of the tub hasn't changed too much (only shortened) and a DF03 body could be a nice fit over the tub to protect your electronics :lol:

The current 911GT-3 body is 251mm wheelbase, the same with the Z4 beemer. If the wheelbase of the DF03RA can stay constant as the suspension goes up and down, then I'm cashing in.. The wheelbase of TA01/02 will always change due to the front kick-up setup.

Let's hope changing the wheelbase on the DF03RA is as simple as flipping the rear arms. It may make a nice parking lot basher then.

The current 911GT-3 body is 251mm wheelbase, the same with the Z4 beemer. If the wheelbase of the DF03RA can stay constant as the suspension goes up and down, then I'm cashing in.. The wheelbase of TA01/02 will always change due to the front kick-up setup.

Let's hope changing the wheelbase on the DF03RA is as simple as flipping the rear arms. It may make a nice parking lot basher then.

irenL.. just buy my DF-03 and have a nicer car :lol: What are you going to do when a blade of glass stops your bashing? :) get a car with all purpose ;)

irenL.. just buy my DF-03 and have a nicer car :lol: What are you going to do when a blade of glass stops your bashing? :) get a car with all purpose ;)

off topic.

oldies goodies mate ;)

besides, I already have a DF01.

hehe, bit of a mouthful! that rising fighter has been on i'm pretty sure. Based on a GH2/Super Hornet by the looks of it so fingers crossed there will be a big supply of spares soon on the market for me to do my GH Super G. And as for that Nismo.. :lol::) (picks chin up off floor) Just realised, is that the Nissan Clarkson raced Hammond and May across Japan in on Top Gear?

Spotters badge deejay. Looks very much like it.

I see in the last pic that there'll be new colours on the hopup parts for the CR-01 chassie!!!

Sweeeeet

Badboy