bakaguyjean

Anybody Else Excited About The F103 15th Chassis Kit

Tamiya is releasing a F103 15th anniversary kit at the end of the year. Most likely an alloy and carbon special. Just wanted to see if there is anybody else interested in this.

If it's a good price I'll try and pick it up. I kinda regret not picking up the 30th anniversary porsche but I didn't really want to blow $600 despite how nice it was

Oh yes! This might be my first modern bought-new-from-a-shop r/c model in ......hmm,... 15 years!! :o:D:lol:

Only the body looks disappointing. And can you explain what are the body derivatives -

I don't know what all these 'types' mean : M, L, etc?

--------------------

It'd DYNA time! B)

Oh yes! This might be my first modern bought-new-from-a-shop r/c model in ......hmm,... 15 years!! :o:D:lol:

Only the body looks disappointing. And can you explain what are the body derivatives -

I don't know what all these 'types' mean : M, L, etc?

--------------------

It'd DYNA time! B)

OK body types

"M" Type

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=241

"T" Type

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...4958&id=120

"L" Type

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=132

All of these come with generic decals, Basically some F103s and Tamiya Logos. None of the Sponcer decals are included.

The 15th kit dosent have a body or wings. It is full carbon with all of the Tamiya hop ups.

Its not priced bad when you add up the Carbon and options.

Looking forward to this F1, I had a Kyosho years ago. I have never owned a Tamiya F1 so I must figure out a way to buy it! I really like the old Benneton body, a fav.

MSRP is up on the Tamiya site, quite pricey but I think retail should be cheaper?

Does anyone know how the F103 drives?

It seems like a very popular class (and is very favored at my local track) but I am hearing mixed reviews on how it handles.

I read some complaints that it likes to swap ends, and has very low traction. But at the same time, it is so popular!

I too am interested in the 15th anniv kit, but am weary that I wont end up liking the drive.

Any comments from owners of the standard 103?

It seems like a very popular class (and is very favored at my local track) but I am hearing mixed reviews on how it handles.

I read some complaints that it likes to swap ends, and has very low traction. But at the same time, it is so popular!

I too am interested in the 15th anniv kit, but am weary that I wont end up liking the drive.

er... it's a 2wd pancar with a low-downforce body... what else to expect? Yes one has to feather the throttle, but that's what makes driving it interesting!

Paul

I have a Gr.C car, and I'm scared of it! I put in the Sports Tuned that came with the kit, and it's really so fast that I'm almost afraid to hit the throttle :angry:

Really impressive car. You need to be on clean surface (gearbox and grip) and a very, very smooth track (suspension travel/grip) to run it though... But really, it's a very exciting drive!

Usally you need to get a basic idea of set up and then fine tune to whatever surface you drive on.

The Standard F103 has been around for a Long time but the basic hop ups needed are the alloy shock and either the carbon main chassis, or an carbon upper deck. And ditch the rear ball suspension.

If you are not sure about running the 15th then just get a standard F103 with the few options and give that a try.

If you are used to running Touring cars you might not like it. I like them alot as i grew up with 2WD buggies and the F103 or Pan car acts alot like a 2WD buggy in a basic since.

WARNING: THREAD REVIVAL!

I'm guessing a few things have changed since this thread was last active, but rather than cluttering things up with a new one, I thought it might be worth reviving it.

My question to the assembled wise folks of the forum is this: What currently-available F1 bodyshells fit the F103 15th Anniversary Edition? I know some don't due to the upper chassis brace not featured on base-spec F103s.