Sign in to follow this  
Z

Lookee What I Got! Now I Need New Forums!

I just bought my first 1:1 scale car, a 1989 Toyota 4Runner! I can't deny that I'm quite excited right now :)! Here's what I got:

1001327sx6.jpg

The truck needs some work, but I'm actually looking forward to working on a full size car, and learning the ropes of auto repair. However, with this new project, I'm looking for a good forum to bring my inevitably newb-ish automotive questions. I'd like to find the Tamiyaclub of the 1:1 scale world, a place where I won't get flamed for asking ridiculously simple questions, and with members who are as helpful as those on TC. So, If anyone of you who work on full size trucks knows of such a forum, please let me know.

i know there is is pirate4x4 but they seem quite harsh there, have you tried yotatech? only had a quick browse through but they seem like a nice bunch :D and may i say nice yota, i getting a hilux as my 1st car soon :)

i know there is is pirate4x4 but they seem quite harsh there, have you tried yotatech? only had a quick browse through but they seem like a nice bunch :D and may i say nice yota, i getting a hilux as my 1st car soon :)

Right now, I'm looking at Yotatech.com and Toyotaoffroad.com. The group on the later seems a little more laid back, but I don't think their boards are as active as the Yotatech ones, though I'm not positive about either one, I was hoping someone could speak from experience. Incidentally, what year Hilux are you looking at?

Rajicon: I was under the impression that Chilton repair manuals are better than Haynes. Either way, I definitely plan on buy one, as well as this: http://www.amazon.com/Restore-Classic-Body...4385&sr=8-4

My truck has the standard Toyota body rot around the wheel wells (I think they were sold like that ;) )! The good news is it does drive, my dad and picked it up and drove it back 50 miles with no trouble.

im having my dads when i pass my test :) its a 97, 4 door pick up, i have very expensive plans for it mainly being a lift, 35"s, 5.29 gears & lockers

this is as it stands now but should be quite a bit higher soon

lux002.jpg

LOL at the oil catcher under the front diff :)

:) It wasn't leaking oil until the jerks at Pro Lube got their hands on it! Even now I'm not sure, it might just have been residual from the oil change.

I like the truck, Hairyguy, have fun! I wish I could afford to jack mine up, but with gas prices the way they are....

Nice trucks guys. I wish I had the time, money and skills to rebuild (and maybe pimp out) a 1:1. I'm just about ambling along with my 1:10's! :)

but with gas prices the way they are....

Horrendous ain't it? I got my truck in May and the gas prices went up 'n up until last month when it suddenly dropped to a little above what it was in May... before going back up again this month. :)