stewie_family_guy

Ezrun Motors

I have one of these fitted in my car, any input on the following....

What should I have the settings at?? I am not competing this a "fun to have" car park/off road basher....

(I have one of those card things, so pluggin in and adjusting is easy)

What is all the chat about deans?? Are they so great??

If I change to them, is it just a straight forward snip and solder

I assume Ill have to change the charger too???

Personally, I don't like deans. I prefer powerpoles.

As for the settings - you probably have to just try them and see what you like.

The only one I've changed on mine was the 'punch' which on the default setting cause the ESC to stutter, so I reduced it and it cleared the problem without any hugely noticeable change.

Next thing I need to try adjusting is the brakes - they feel a bit too strong at the moment...

Personally, I don't like deans. I prefer powerpoles.

As for the settings - you probably have to just try them and see what you like.

The only one I've changed on mine was the 'punch' which on the default setting cause the ESC to stutter, so I reduced it and it cleared the problem without any hugely noticeable change.

Next thing I need to try adjusting is the brakes - they feel a bit too strong at the moment...

thanks for posting so quick, one question... what are "powerpoles"??

(PS I have to re-wire anyway, cause the -ve on my battery keeps poppong out)

These are powerpoles:

Powerpoles%20for%20Dayton%20Banner_small.jpg

My preference too, easy to fit, difficult to short similar current ratings to Deans.

are you uk based??

would I get them in Maplins?? and again presumably need a few sets as

ESC and charger would need females and all batteries on males....

Ditto on the powerpoles! Much easier to install than deans and no need to keep male and female on hand. I've been using them on everything for 7 or 8 years now and still have not worn any of them out. If I recall correctly, they actually have LESS resistance than Deans--and cheaper too. I usually get mine from Tower Hobbies.

cool, what rating do i need??

The 15-45A housing & 30A contacts should be fine for what you're doing.

Bear in mind also, those ratings are for continuous use, they will carry much higher loads for short periods.

If you go for higher current ratings, they just basically get bigger.

I use Deans Ultras and my cars RIP!! Simply said, Deans ULTRAS are the next best thing to hardwiring... I never see racers use powerpoles at the track.. Just wanted to throw that out there

have seen powerpoles on electric wheelchairs though... maybe they use them in geriactric racing? ^_^

meh most of the mod pros use corally tubes or hardwire, they don't use Deans either

But Deans is good (as long as you buy the originals not the fakes) as a standard plug

when you want to swap equipment with somebody else... powerpoles are usually

assembled in different configs by everyone so its hard to matchup.

I use powerpoles to, they're better than sliced bread, I bought two sets of Duratrax ones from Towerhobbies...

I don't glue mine together and I've made adapter cables for basically everything so I can lend my mates batteries and such...

I switched to deans from powerpoles about 5 years ago - I race 1/12 oval where there is quite a bit of contact, powerpoles come apart - Deans dont

not had any problems since, they are fantastic connectors but a little pricey. There are Deans copies available which seem to work just as well though and are a lot cheaper.

If you still want to use powerpoles RS components sell them - sorry cant post a link their site is down right now :unsure:

ordered a couple of these 9T brushless systems from jns.inc (I think thats him?) on ebay 9 days ago.........can't wait to get my hands on them....SO HURRY UP AND ARRIVE! :unsure:

Mine took a couple of weeks - worth it though - I don't think you'll be disappointed! I'm thinking about ordering another set...

Mine took a couple of weeks - worth it though - I don't think you'll be disappointed! I'm thinking about ordering another set...

snap! i took it out my DF-02 and tried it in my FF01 :blink:

was crrraaazzzeee, raced a few pizza delivery boys :unsure:

Tbh JNS should be dishing out some discount the amount of ppl on here that have bought 1 (or 2).

Discount???? I only paid 80 including shipping for two complete systems :unsure: one brushless motor for my touring cars costs me 75 so I think these are already cheap as chips!

I moved to deans from bananananana plugs and the only issue I have with them is sometimes you have to pull on the wire to get them apart, rather than the plastic casing. And that can stress the wire/ joint/ heatshrink. I just think they should make them longer so you can get hold of them properly

That's precisely what puts me off them - OK, you get a nice tight fit, but if you have to end up pulling the wires to get them apart (or inserting something to wedge them apart) it can't be good...

That's precisely what puts me off them - OK, you get a nice tight fit, but if you have to end up pulling the wires to get them apart (or inserting something to wedge them apart) it can't be good...

Wait, so what do deans plugs and powerpoles actually do compared with the standard tamiya plug? How are they better?

THanks.

Wait, so what do deans plugs and powerpoles actually do compared with the standard tamiya plug? How are they better?

THanks.

They have a lesser resitance, allowing more current thru, and are rated higher, meaning they are less likely to fail under high current drain (ie brushless or low motor turn) applications.