Alecito

Indonesian Trader Of Vintage Kyosho

Im from argentina and I found at www.alibaba.com a person who sells Kyoshos Turbo Optima, Turbo Scorpion and Gallop at prices around 300 to 400 usd. Im talking of nib kits that you can find on ebay at for example the gallop, 530 usd but the trubo scorpion around 800 to 900 usd and the turbo optima for the incredible price of 1500 usd.

Please take a lok at the following link.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/103278...ON_1_10_RC.html

When I asked him about from where he obtained them he said he is manufacturer...... I dont know.

He request a minimum order of 10 vehicles but if you look the price it is a great deal.

I would like to know if somebody knows this trader, if he is a scammer or not.

And if somebody says that he is raliable person, consider me for one of that nib kits if you are looking for people to make an order.

Maybe it is a great deal to share..... but maybe it is a great fake, and for me this is a hobby, not a business, so if this can help us to have our collections, I think we must try to know if it is real or not.

Regards

Alejandro

I'm going to have to say that is a scam.

The picture is taken directly from Darryn's website (TC Member Retro R/C)

Turbo Scorpion

Ask for pictures of the other kits he has, and then match them to Darryn's website pics

Paul

You are right !!!!

I saw that pictures in the past, but you let me know where...

I checked the gallop and turbo optima and it is correct, he put Darryns website pictures.

Wish this avoid to somebody to put an order to this person.

Thanks !

It's an odd place to try and scam someone as alibaba.com is a business to business global trading site, so unlikely any of us would ever be dealing with them as they don't trade with the public. A lot of scams on there right now are from Indonesia.

I trust someone has already contacted Darryn?

As for the replies that have been deleted, please read the section rules

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25387

nah, even though its mainly wholesale type ads alibaba is a public site, anybody can contact anyone advertising on it

its quite possible to contact the various companies and ask to purchase a "sample for evaluation" direct from manufacturers

however as you'll see if you ever look for china-made RC gear, there's heaps that all look suspiciously alike

so its best to investigate beforehand who's the real manufacturer and who's just a dropshipper

Alejandro,

I may be able to give you a confirmation in December, as I'm traveling to Indonesia then, for holiday..n other business.

Though I doubt this would be anything legit, fingers crossed -as a friend asked me where my patriotism is the other night.

Ah well, I have my sources.

But thinking about it realistically, while there are many of these kits being sold in indonesia back then, interest for it were limited, and as such sales is slow.

And if I remember correctly, most of their stock back then would come from singapore, not japan. otherwise smuggled through penang.

There are, however, several legit hobby shops in indonesia.

Don't hold your breath.

The other day I sent a quick note to Darryn re above and he replied 1) saying thanks for the headsup

and 2) sounds like its not the first time someone on alibaba has done it before

Don't hold your breath.

The other day I sent a quick note to Darryn re above and he replied 1) saying thanks for the headsup

and 2) sounds like its not the first time someone on alibaba has done it before

Certainly not the first time, and thanks again for the heads up Willy.

Sadly I cant really do much about it - have sent emails to them - but i doubt people will be taken in to badly.

Cheers

Darryn

Well in about another month will be 2 years. Has anyone found out it the company is ligit or fake?

Keep in mind with today's technology, anything is possible so long as there is money to be made.

Like the Al helmet made from a single block of Al with the computer operated machine, I can't see how is not possible to make an entire RC parts, copy right aside.