Petrolhead

Reading Bash 8 - Sunday 12th October!

Right folks, after a large gap the Reading Bashes are back in action with Reading Bash 8 - RB8 - on Sunday 12th October. It's been quite a while since we've all met up and given our cars a good thrash and this is the ideal time and place to do just that.

It's a good chance for TCers to meet, chat and drive with fellow R/C enthusiasts. We're all a very friendly bunch, and really enjoy meeting new members. You can bring any cars / parts you have for trade or sale aswell.

So where is it? Well, along Caversham Park Road, Reading (Postcode RG4) there are Caversham Park Village Tennis courts with a car park. The turning into the car park is a few hundred yards away from the tuning (on the other side of the road) into Fraser Avenue. If you put Fraser avenue into something such as http://maps.google.co.uk/, you will see Caversham Park road and using the satellite feature you can see the tennis courts/car park.

We'll be meeting in the car park at 12, but should you turn up later, here's a quick map of how to get to where we'll be running our cars:

rblocation7dy.jpg

You walk through the car park, past the skate park along a narrow dirt track. Keep going past the first line of bushes, until you reach the woods. We'll be right infront of you on the edge of the woods, by a big bowl.

For more info/pics of previous bashes, see the Reading Bashers SIG here: http://tamiyaclub.com/sig_member.asp?id=21

There's already a good few atendees confirmed, and I'll start a list going up asap.

If you are coming, are thinking of coming or just fancy typing something, say so in this thread so I can get an idea of who's likely to come.

Hope to see you all there.

Here's the list of people who are attending RB8 (I will keep updating as more people say they can make it):

Dunkman

S.Williamson

Rad22Rad

rally-man + Son

Ryanbored

jagsxr

Sibeseven + Friend ... from Yorkshire!!

Bin^jammin^

Olly_Lunchbox + Son

Andersop + Daughter

Nitromike

MFrV1

grahamg

The Hobbymaster

Bag of Badgers + Little Lady

Rizzo Rat (Possible)

Stevo309 (Possible)

Awesome, we're quickly racking up the numbers here. I won't have many cars with me either, sold a few off lately. Got a something Blaze (can't remember what it's called exactly, cba to go into cold garage to look) twin motor truck which eats a pack in a 4 minutes, so that'll be my main runner.

Ok, so roughly, the list of people who've said they're coming so far (will add to first post):

Dunkman

S.Williamson

Rad22Rad

rally-man (and son I presume..?)

Ryanbored

jagsxr

Sibeseven (and friend)... from Yorkshire!!

Bin^jammin^

RizzoRat (possible)

Petrolhead + Dad

I'd really like to come to this.

I only have Tamiya electrics but I do also have an enthusiastic 8 year old who loves nothing better than running around righting upturned cars (bribed with McDonalds)

Are kids allowed or should I leave him at home to paint the garden fence?

I'd really like to come to this.

I only have Tamiya electrics but I do also have an enthusiastic 8 year old who loves nothing better than running around righting upturned cars (bribed with McDonalds)

Are kids allowed or should I leave him at home to paint the garden fence?

I'll buy him a McD's to follow mine about and turn it up the right way!!

You walk through the car park, past the skate park along a narrow dirt track. Keep going past the first line of bushes, until you reach the woods. We'll be right infront of you on the edge of the woods, by a big bowl.

Huh!!! walking :blink: whats that ..... :unsure:

Unfortinately I have got my CMI management stuff in bristol on that weekend of the 11th and 12th, what times are you looking to be there till tho as I might be able to get along later in the day?

Cheers

Ryck

Olly, feel free to bring your kid along, the earlier you start them in the world of Tamiyas the better!

Ryck, we're normally there for a few hours, by which time most people have run out of batteries and / or broken all their cars, so down to you whether or not you can make it, would be a shame if you couldn't.

AAAHHH: I'd better get something working.

On a different note: I didn't know the forum was censored.

Don't really have a problem with using Nitros as long as you don't run them all day long and try not to terrorise any dog walkers with them :)

Nice one Ryan, should keep you occupied! I've always fancied an E-Maxx, look forward to pitting it again my Tamiya twin motor truck thing (really should just learn the name)

So is this all confirmed cos I'm goin thru a load of grief to get there (It's my wedding planning day!! ;) )

Yep just to confirm it's still on for this Sunday and it looks like there's going to be a great turnout. Hope the weather will be good.

Yodi guys, looks like Im unlikely to make it so take some goods pics and hopefully there wont be such a big wait for the next one :blink:

Take care

Ryck

Hi all I'll try and make it I only live in Mortimer the other side of Reading look out for me i've got a Land Rover body shell not painted yet still a few tweeks to do post-25204-1223717047.jpg :rolleyes:

The wedding meeting finishes at 1pm... So may have to get a shift on to make it up there! Only have a Savage runner again. Bring your ear plugs folks!

Added a couple more to the list - Ian (The Hobbymaster) has email me to say he'll be there.

Unfortunately, I've found out I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Really really really pi**ed off to be honest as I was looking forward to seeing everyone. Make sure you take loadsa pics all!

I still don't know if i have anything i can run tomorrow. Prepared, aren't I?

Also, I dunno if i wanna be the nutter who walked there again.