taliesin

Besides RC what are your hobbies?

Si, have you been out buying more cars...?

Only the Silvia turbo to rob for the engine - the Nissan Sunny was my mums but she's given it to me. I'm taking the XR2 off the road for a bit and the wife is to run the Sunny (as it's over 20 years old I can get it on classic insurance £20 extra till the end of the year !!!)

I've had all the others just dotted around Yorkshire as no room at mine LOL

Only the Silvia turbo to rob for the engine - the Nissan Sunny was my mums but she's given it to me. I'm taking the XR2 off the road for a bit and the wife is to run the Sunny (as it's over 20 years old I can get it on classic insurance £20 extra till the end of the year !!!)

I've had all the others just dotted around Yorkshire as no room at mine LOL

Ha...! Classic. Dotted around Yorkshire - Love it :)

How's the Anglia coming along...?

Ha...! Classic. Dotted around Yorkshire - Love it

How's the Anglia coming along...?

Just seen your reply :lol: ooppss .. Anyways Anglia is doing well - i've got next week off work so gonna have a full week welding !! the front's nearly done. I'm hoping next week to cut all the floor pan out and fabricate a new one along with a new transmission tunnel for the Silvia gearbox. All the paint has been nitromorsed now :-) I want it on the road for next year but still lots to do ..

Ha, don't worry about slow reply - I am as bad. Crazy busy at work...! Will catch up on email soon...! Have bought myself a new motor :lol:

Used to be a biker, but got a bit bored of that. Will be selling my Honda Hornet and looking to buy an old VW Beetle. Strong likelihood that I'll be converting it to a Baja. Always wanted one, and that dream is partly what started my interest in RC in the first place (and why most of my RCs are baja bugs :) )

Prob been done elsewhere but just wondered what you all get up to when you're not racing/bashing/stripping/repairing your rides?

I'm off for five rounds of golf in four days on Thursday round North West England (am planning to complete the tyre lettering for my Sand Rover on the two and a half hour ferry to Liverpool) with my buddies, sink a few jars, hole a few putts and try and win some cash into the bargain.

Can't wait, shame the weather's looking pants :)

Prob been done elsewhere but just wondered what you all get up to when you're not racing/bashing/stripping/repairing your rides?

I'm off for five rounds of golf in four days on Thursday round North West England (am planning to complete the tyre lettering for my Sand Rover on the two and a half hour ferry to Liverpool) with my buddies, sink a few jars, hole a few putts and try and win some cash into the bargain.

Can't wait, shame the weather's looking pants :)

and all the while you`ll be thinking i wonder how the sand rover would look bashing round that bunker :(

personally i find fishing and having a band enough when im not messing with cars

This discussion should be in the 'anything outside of R/C' :) . I have answered this before :(

It will be a matter of time before this topic is merge into "anything outside RC" forum as mentioned by highflyer.

Anyway with this crazy hobby, whose has time and money for anything else and for those that do, you are not into it seriously enough, so please do not come back to this club or start thinking only Tamiya while awake and even in your dreams. :)

Me, I am trying to get out of this hobby, but found myself unable to.

I've been modding and working on cars (1:1) for a while now. I currently have a Subaru STI that I've dropped alot of money into. I used to have a load of hobbies, but I've cut back to just a couple. That way my wallet doesn't hurt so badly. :)

I have too many other hobbies.

Playing music in a Metal band

My recently twin turboed HSV GTS

....and I'm thinking of building a Lambo Diablo kit car.

can't remember if i've answered this before or not, but i'm quite 'into' the vw scene in the uk, attending a lot of meets (mostly no-rice.com, prept.com, and vw heretics), but also go to a lot of shows around the country when I can. I'm currently in the process of some light mods to my Lupo, got coilovers to be fitted soon.

I also collect games consoles, mostly retro. I have around 120(ish), all working. Another collecting passion is Sony walkmans and personal cd players. I have around 20 walkmans and 5 cd players, including the first walkman commercially available from 1979 iirc. I'm not quite sure why I collect walkmans to be honest, but it makes my day when I find an old one at a bootsale for 50p!!!

To make our house even more full-up than it already is, my brother collects mostly 80's toys, his main interest being Transformers. I'll try and post a few pics later, but his room has a small square of carpet by his bed, the rest being toy boxes all stacked-up! Unfortunately, this has been passed on to my son, who now has quite a large collection of Transformers too, though thankfully, most are at his mother's house!!!

I'm into drawing and designing stuff as well - R/C and designing works very well together :) I'm working on this car again:

PICT0028-jpg.jpg

It's my DF03 2WD Buggy Project. It needs to become as low as possible, and at the moment I am working on making the rear end (and specifically the shock tower) as low in profile as the rest of the car. My drawing and designing comes in handy for working out my plans, and I think I can work out a pretty original paint scheme for this car that will work very well with the rest of the car :( Actually the whole idea behind this car started out as a very small doodle I made on a piece of paper once - a very, very low profile buggy.

Hobbies besides RC

Hmm

Woodwork

Restoring Antiques

Collecting Antiques

PC Gaming: WoW,Call Of Duty,Battlefield

Well, I am very new here, as I have my first tamiya in a long time heading to me now.

Anyway, I am from NE Indiana, United States. Been into r/c off and on for a few years. Used to race a tamiya hornet and futaba fx10 back in the early 80's.

Other hobbies right now would be motorcycling, reading, and firearms collecting and shooting (also an expensive hobby!).

I like to watch movies, also.

I dabble in photography a bit, too.

Also, I sit in my garage whilst smoking and just stare at my Camaro. Is that a hobby??

Also, I sit in my garage whilst smoking and just stare at my Camaro. Is that a hobby??

the sitting in the garage part or smoking or staring part??? :D

I think sitting in the garage means you have a very small house with many kids driving you crazy, so I would say is an escape;

Smoking is a form of relaxation, but more of a bad habit;

Staring is good if Camaro is a name of very fit girl and is more of a guy thing. So you got no other hobby and you get to stay in the TC.

Just messing with you :lol:

the sitting in the garage part or smoking or staring part??? B)

I think sitting in the garage means you have a very small house with many kids driving you crazy, so I would say is an escape;

Smoking is a form of relaxation, but more of a bad habit;

Staring is good if Camaro is a name of very fit girl and is more of a guy thing. So you got no other hobby and you get to stay in the TC.

Just messing with you :)

<_< I have more hobbies. But I like to stare at my Camaro Z28 whilst smoking a cig. My therapist says 'whatever works' :)

i collect and shoot military surplus rifles.

i build, show and race volkswagens.

i play alot of paintball.

i collect and shoot military surplus rifles.

i build, show and race volkswagens.

i play alot of paintball.

Are (or was) you in the military?

Are (or was) you in the military?

no, i'm just a miltary history buff that likes to shoot.

i'm the only man in the family that didn't serve in the military.

I'm into rallying - I drive and co-drive but also present on Motors TV. In fact, I love anything to do with cars and motorsport - unfortunately I let temptation get the better of me and I'm now well and truly hooked on RC rally cars again haha!

Beside RC (Car and Helicopters) I practice handgun shooting, Krav Maga (Israeli Self Defense) and 4wheeling with my modified Landcrusier. Recently I started with CB-Radio.

pict0234largedl4.jpg

http://www.retrocarclub.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=75

It's a joint project with the Retro Car Club - I picked it up, got it back on the road (I now the A+ series engines inside and out), and am the current registered keeper. It made 44bhp on the rollers, so current plan (once the roll cage is in - one of only 3 ever made for an Allegro) is for a nice VVC K series motor. Eventually hope to be running a mid-mounted something, maybe a Toyota 4-AGE or V6. Should be at the Nurburgring in August...

i used to work for a ford dealer and one of these came in trader it was bright yellow with a vinyl black roof and in mint condtion got it for £200 and sold for £1200

My bro keeps suggesting I should go into rc heli. Finally purchased a couple of palm size rc heli. Is a whole new experience compare to rc cars and boats. Is less forgiving and one must take it slow else is another money pit where you won't break even like collecting Tamiya, if you are lucky as you just find youself keep breaking parts. Will see if I can stay with rc heli and be good enough for fly the 450 and up.