taliesin

Besides RC what are your hobbies?

That bass is a serious AXE!

The Axe bass itself is definitely not comfortable to play, but apart of the looks (that might appeal most hardcore KISS fans) I can say the quality of it as an instrument is far better than what you could expect for a bassguitar of this price range. If you have the chance, I'd recommend you to test it at your local guitar store.

Well I don't play bass or guitar anymore (since I'm now a Uke guy), but I did play bass for quite a while in the early 90's.

But that just looks sooo fun to play with a PHAT amp.

I just noticed you're in Chile, and funny I was just looking at a possible vacation to Chile...

Cheers,

Skottoman

Well I don't play bass or guitar anymore (since I'm now a Uke guy), but I did play bass for quite a while in the early 90's.

But that just looks sooo fun to play with a PHAT amp.

I just noticed you're in Chile, and funny I was just looking at a possible vacation to Chile...

Cheers,

Skottoman

Let me know when you plan to visit. I can show you around, talk Tamiya stuff, and we can share a beer, too. No probs!

As of the beginning of this year, got into photography and just taking a regular picture is easy but once start playing with the cameras setting and possible combination..it ain't as easy as it looks. Than throw in photo shop / processing and one needs togo back to school. Now add the cost involve especially those fast prime lenses, very addictive, and one began to see rc is good , cheap and easy to pick up and wonder why the mrs. don't want us to play with rc.

Another hobby of mine is playing guitars...

Here's my gear.

instr_zps553ef4d1.jpg

Nice Strat! I had one that looked just about like that in college; I'm currently building a replica of it from parts.

2012-12-27%252016.42.02.jpg

Haven't gotten much further than this yet, between work, moving to a new house, and other stuff, but it will get there eventually...

Nice Strat! I had one that looked just about like that in college; I'm currently building a replica of it from parts.

2012-12-27%252016.42.02.jpg

Haven't gotten much further than this yet, between work, moving to a new house, and other stuff, but it will get there eventually...

Wow! You're very talented! Had I have tools and a place to try such thing Myself I know would have had an Axe bass much earlier.

Anyway, I got the electric very cheap from a kid here. I thought about giving it a try, since I've never had an electric. Also because I loved the blonde look of it, plus I remember seeing Maurice Gibb using the Fender back in the late 70's. This is a Fender-made Squier copy.

Still, I could not do much with it. I'm sure trying to play Ace Frehley or Randy Rhoads was not the best way to start, haha. When it comes to rock, I'm definitely more into bassplaying, and acoustic guitars. I'm a huge fan of hardcore Country music so most the times the acoustic is all I need. ;)

Other main interest is slot cars, but have collected toys for over 25 years ... the James Bond toys, MEGO action figures and Japanese Kaiju / superhero vinyls are the biggest money drainers. :rolleyes:

bcde_1.jpg

Mego8-bBatgirl.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

• Like 1

I'm loving the dai-x! I loved starfleet when I was little, watched it religiously, think we have the Brian May album somewhere. ...

• Like 1

Other main interest is slot cars, but have collected toys for over 25 years ... the James Bond toys, MEGO action figures and Japanese Kaiju / superhero vinyls are the biggest money drainers. :rolleyes:

bcde_1.jpg

Mego8-bBatgirl.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

25 years ago they just "toys" 25 years later they are now treasures and collectibles.

• Like 1

I'm loving the dai-x! I loved starfleet when I was little, watched it religiously, think we have the Brian May album somewhere. ...

Funny things is we never got that show here , well not that I know of. So I purchased this and other item from Dai-X because I like the design ... never had seen the show.

Did purchase the DVD box set though recently.

Yup, once old and just going to be thrown out .. now desireable and worth collecting. :)

Few years ago I was well into collecting 1/6 figures and I managed to get my hands on a Hasbro FAV toy and converted it to look more like the real thing. Well sadly funds are getting tight these days so I was taking a few pics of it today in preparation for listing on eBay and thought I'd share it with you guys.

6ACFF53A-243A-4604-B5D1-631FB0D0C13F-276

BC7012E2-5624-41AD-881A-5ED7FDFE95AE-276

359A9429-F900-42A9-9D4A-547B55C2086D-276

3832BEE0-87E7-44DB-969B-1FE4F089493D-276

Not looking too bad considering its been sat in my loft for around 8 years! It would make a good RC project although this one isn't robust enough to handle the action. Maybe with a ground up build, welded roll cage and a Wraith rear axle it could come to life.

Nic

• Like 1

That is nice. Trust there are many interested buyers and you get what you want for the works put in.

Few years ago I was well into collecting 1/6 figures and I managed to get my hands on a Hasbro FAV toy and converted it to look more like the real thing. Well sadly funds are getting tight these days so I was taking a few pics of it today in preparation for listing on eBay and thought I'd share it with you guys.

6ACFF53A-243A-4604-B5D1-631FB0D0C13F-276

BC7012E2-5624-41AD-881A-5ED7FDFE95AE-276

359A9429-F900-42A9-9D4A-547B55C2086D-276

3832BEE0-87E7-44DB-969B-1FE4F089493D-276

Not looking too bad considering its been sat in my loft for around 8 years! It would make a good RC project although this one isn't robust enough to handle the action. Maybe with a ground up build, welded roll cage and a Wraith rear axle it could come to life.

Nic

I have to wonder how easy it would be to modifiy a tamiya FAV or WO to actually make a RC version of this ?????????

The problem is getting the width right bromvw. This 1/6 FAV is around 32-33cms wide at the rear axle and takes Wraith sized wheels. Doable but not cheap and it really needs a proper welded cage.

It was thr idea of making a proper RC version that restarted my Tamiya passion. Few years ago I camd to the conclusion I wouldn't be able to make a 1/6 version but thought itd be good to build one onto a basic RC buggy chassis. From my childhood I knew the Grasshopper was about the right dimensions and better still with the battery access from underneath, I'd be free to permanently build onto the upper chassis.

Trawling eBay the best deal I found was someone selling both a GH and VLB in one auction. I won them and when they arrived I was hit by a wave of nostalgia, ditched the FAV idea and set about restoring them both. I enjoyed rebuilding and replacing the bits so much I was hooked... and the rest is history :)

The problem is getting the width right bromvw. This 1/6 FAV is around 32-33cms wide at the rear axle and takes Wraith sized wheels. Doable but not cheap and it really needs a proper welded cage.

It was thr idea of making a proper RC version that restarted my Tamiya passion. Few years ago I camd to the conclusion I wouldn't be able to make a 1/6 version but thought itd be good to build one onto a basic RC buggy chassis. From my childhood I knew the Grasshopper was about the right dimensions and better still with the battery access from underneath, I'd be free to permanently build onto the upper chassis.

Trawling eBay the best deal I found was someone selling both a GH and VLB in one auction. I won them and when they arrived I was hit by a wave of nostalgia, ditched the FAV idea and set about restoring them both. I enjoyed rebuilding and replacing the bits so much I was hooked... and the rest is history :)

i'am not that sentimental - just Mental :wacko: . I tend to hack / cut / chop and rework stuff till i make the @~%$ fit . :lol:

Been bowling regularly for about a year now. Never thought it would be so much fun! :)

i keep fish , marine , african cichlids and central americans , and koi and ????????????? my username

skylinerandgoodafrikans014_zps477c97df.j

MARINETANK047.jpg

MARINETANK049-1.jpg

MARINETANK038.jpg

• Like 1

Another hobby has bitten...lurve the R1 .

Have a new 2013 Honda VFR800 with panniers and top box on order as well to tour around with the Mrs.

Nice looking bikes there swarm, makes me miss my little SV650s :)

Been sorting through the remains of my 1/6 figures and I took these today for a potential buyer

The boys from Kandahar

null_zps7bc40984.jpg

null_zps7e5ebff2.jpg

null_zps855e47c5.jpg

I need a better photo location before I let's these go.

Black Hawk Down D-Boys

null_zpsca4f6720.jpg

null_zps956e86b1.jpg

... I should probably water the lawn a bit more too :)

• Like 1

Man, those figures are amazing. So realistic! I loved the action figures from the 70's, somehow they started making toys not so scale in the 80's. I wasn't that happy about that, but nowadays toy companies are doing some astonishingly amazing scale stuff. Thank you for sharing those pictures!

I think I'm starting a small obsession with vintage audio gear! I've just been given some Spendor Mini Monitor SA1 speakers, and a NAD 2030 amplifier, hooked them up last night, and they sound amazing! They go with my Technics SB-F2's I bought at a bootsale a few weeks back, and the Technics SU-V300 amp that powers them along with some Wharfdale Modus 1 speakers I bought about 4 years ago from a friend.....its started now!!!