Sign in to follow this  
28yoKid

I Have Broken My Pumpkin Bodu Monts ;(

Hi all, just got back from my 1st Kent Bash!

It was good fun, thanks to Belly, Sally, Graham, John & Ian for making me feel so welcome.

Unfortunately, I managed to snap the front and rear body mounts off my Pumpkin after a kamikaze roll down a bank!

Can anyone send me a link to some flexible replacements???

Thanks

28YOK

ps Sport tuned is now fitted, and shocks are on order!

Hey 28YOK,

I've run into the same frustration with the flimsy body posts on the Pumpkin/VLB. I bought a re-re Lunchbox, and also run it with a Pumpkin shell. It got old pretty quick having to change out the body posts to each specific model. So...I added 4", vertical nylon body posts. I bought 2 (2 in a pack)sets from towerhobbies, I think they were about $7 each. You will need one in the front over the steering servo and 2 in the rear deck. If your truck is a "runner" and not a "shelf queen", I strongly suggest making the switch. It looks pretty tough, and the longer body posts help in not destroying the shell when you flip the truck. refer to the picture link below: Have fun and good luck!!! If you need any further assistance, I'm here to help. The least I can do considering all the help I've gotten from the forum!

1. Attach the body posts from underneath the chassis with the provided screw set. (Front arms and rear shock dissassembly required)

2. Each set of body post comes with 2 collars, I use these for the shell to rest on, on the underside.

3. I used some ball joint screws from an extra set of shocks(if you haven't already, invest in some oil-filled tamiya dampers-towerhobbies) so I can change the height of the collars by hand when going from Pumpkin to VLB.

4. When running the Pumpkin Shell, the rear collars are useless. Make sure you bore out enough room in the rear of the shell to get over the collars.

If you look close enough at the pictures provided, you'll see a small piece of velcro on top of the ESC. attach the other side of velcro tape to the underside of the truck bed on the Pumpkin shell. (The VLB shell rests on the three collars, the Pumpkin rests on the front collar over the steering servo, and the velcro added to the rear deck).

5. Drill the appropriate holes into the top of each body shell, set the body over the posts and attach the body clips. At first, you will have to tinker a bit to find the correct height between the collars and body clips. Once you find the correct height, make a mark on the body posts for future use finding the right height.

The 30 minutes I spent on the conversion has added to my enjoyment immensely! Aside from the tons of money I spent replacing the stock body mounts. hope this helps. I think I'll put this in the "how to" section as well, for others to see....enjoy!

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f81/jbou...20Body%20Posts/

JBO,

Thanks for the reply! I will order some now! I can't wait to run it again, as have just added a sport tune motor and don't want to run it without the shell.

Ps Loving the A-Team colours!

28YOK