TWINSET

Xmas Competition - Winner Announced

My rock pile consisted of the dirt that was taken out for my inground pool which I cannot fill as the water restrictions are so tight .I have the highest place in the area my dirt pile created my towns highest feature and even then I have to get "Creative" and make rocks from dirt

There you go - you had an idea for the water comp and didn't even realise it. The empty inground pool. Is it finished - nice blue or white tile lined maybe. Something clearly obviously associated with water. Bit of blown sand in the bottom, add a long dead pot plant or cactus for effect and a funny tale of your troubles in the write up.

Not sure what the laws are on wasting beer in Australia but as that's mostly water how about you open a bottle, give it a shake and go all Formula 1 celebratory style, must be a photo idea in that.

Or maybe just stick your car up on the duny! - If you can't enter the competition with drop dead beautiful images of water in a natural state then be creative and be funny. Looking at the last competition ste7772 made 9th place with a humerous image that took some time and effort to set up, gruntfuggly made 20th with an image that is purely just comedy. I voted for both of them (and mini-acs paper bricks entry) - yes I like to see the beautiful images - but I like to give credit to people who have made the best of what they have available and shown some creativity.

Water is essential for life - we're all alive, so there could be no more universal subject matter than water for this photo competition. As the human brain is about 75% water let's help out our water deprived Aussie brothers with original ideas for them to enter this competition.

As the human brain is about 75% water let's help out our water deprived Aussie brothers with original ideas for them to enter this competition.

Dem's fight'n words :lol:

Guys, we have as much water here in Australia as overseas, so let's go snap some happy snaps! Grab some sunshine too! :)

Um, how do you submit a picture? On the page http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp it says "The competition is now closed and voting is open." but also "You need to enter a car into the competition before the 30th November".

Huh? :)

You need to be a paid-up subscriber to Tamiyaclub before you can enter (15 per year)

Is it allowed to add text? (like text balloons?).

Grtz Dee.

You can add text, but not text/speech balloons - they would be regarded as 'additional elements';

You may use paint packages to crop, rotate, sharpen, enhance colours etc but your cannot use them to make the model look like it is somewhere it is not or to add additional elements beyond borders or text

Sorry, n00bish question. Will we (the forum) be notified when voting opens?.

Will we (the forum) be notified when voting opens?.

In the past, yup, I generally reply to the original 'announcement' post when the voting opens

Judging by the cutoff date for entries, voting should start early December but I'll get that clarified shortly

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=291636

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=268054

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=262040

It may be a stupid question, but I've never entered an official TC competition before... So you just add a showroom entry and entitle it as your competition entry? (Because I don't see any additional buttons or anything specific for the competition after being redirected to your showroom) B)

If so, I just submitted my entry. If not, how do I submit my entry officially then?

It may be a stupid question, but I've never entered an official TC competition before... So you just add a showroom entry and entitle it as your competition entry? (Because I don't see any additional buttons or anything specific for the competition after being redirected to your showroom) B)

If so, I just submitted my entry. If not, how do I submit my entry officially then?

Ok, you've added the model to your showroom, but not to the competition.

Here's how

Start here; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp

Just above the pictures is a link; I understand and wish to enter

Click that

That will take you to your showroom

Click on the model you wish to enter (sort by date and it'll be at the top ;) )

Once that model is open, just below the edit and delte buttons you'll see;

If you you want to enter this model in this months photo competition first please read the rules and confirm you have understood them by clicking here.

Click clicking here

You should then get; Your showroom item has now been entered into the competition. Please be sure to check out the other entrants.

To make sure you're entered, go to http://www.tamiyaclub.com/awards.asp and check your entry appears (ctrl+f to look for your username is easiest way)

Dumb question...How do you lodge a vote?.

I followed the link and only saw the thumbnails and they only redirect to the entrant's show room.

My votes are in ~ tough choice this round ! Between the staged shots, the action shots and the "other" shots I was staring at all the entries for a while before making my choices. Great job everyone and good luck :) .

I followed the link and only saw the thumbnails and they only redirect to the entrant's show room.

:P

I nearly did a how-to, but wasn't sure what colour the bar was going across the screen :)

Anyway, if it's a green bar that goes across the screen just above the model number, description etc, then there should be a drop-down box just below it (provided you're a logged in subscriber) ;)

BMT.JPG

post-1185-1228120392.jpg

Hope you ticked the 1 when you were in there, Andy! :blink:

Thanks mate.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

Like "select Dee Miller as 1st best".

Another remark: do not accept money for voting for the entrants.

Grtz Dee.

PS I need your PayPal.

Wow, this was much tougher than the previous comps to pick my choices. Some GREAT EFFORTS out there! :blink:

Yup, you can say that again!

I think this comp is the most entertaining effort ever!

Grtz Dee.

The "Add to Favorites" and "...Best" link/button are annoyingly close to each other! :blink: I accidentaly added Moondoggie's entry to my favorites (not that that's really a pity, it's a great picture) - but still annoyingly close to each other :blink:

Hi guys,

just want to thank all those that voted for my "Ice Champ". I never won (allthough .... if you count Ebay in ... :lol: ) something before in my life.

Me and (esp.) my son are very, very happy! Also many thanks to Stella and Chris for their never ending support to this fantastic hobby!

Oh, and the day after the shooting was done the Super Champ ran again.

Have to leave you now, must buy some option parts at Stella .... !!

thanks again guys!

Koen

Belgium