retromodeller

Frewer Austin Metro 6r4 Bodyshell 1/10th Scale

Good idea - do you think he can spare one ?

We got a production run from Frewer who no longer have the mould.

They are now produced by Historic R/C

Stickers and paint masks are available from PandaGfx

We got a production run from Frewer who no longer have the mould.

They are now produced by Historic R/C

Stickers and paint masks are available from PandaGfx

Thanks Terry . I knew I had seen these somewhere before. I'm building a collection of 80's Race /Rally weapons and need this to go with the collection.

retromodeller,

HistoricRC do indeed have the 6R4s available.... price has gone up about US$20 or $30 in the past few months though....

I have one left unallocated from my run of 20... complete with www.Pandagfx.com mask set..... would come in about US$10 - $20 cheaper than HistoricRC, posted to you, if you're interested... I had got it ready for another member, but he was able to source one locally....

Alex

retromodeller,

HistoricRC do indeed have the 6R4s available.... price has gone up about US$20 or $30 in the past few months though....

I have one left unallocated from my run of 20... complete with www.Pandagfx.com mask set..... would come in about US$10 - $20 cheaper than HistoricRC, posted to you, if you're interested... I had got it ready for another member, but he was able to source one locally....

Alex

Hi Incredible_Serious

Yes I would be interested along with the Decal set if can supply . I had the intention of contacting you but wanted to try and find one locally to reduce the chance of any imort duty to the UK. One other thing I have noticed with this latest batch of bodies is a slight " frosty" finish to the lexan . This is OK with the body as it will be painted but are the windows the same ?

John

Hi Incredible_Serious

Yes I would be interested along with the Decal set if can supply . I had the intention of contacting you but wanted to try and find one locally to reduce the chance of any imort duty to the UK. One other thing I have noticed with this latest batch of bodies is a slight " frosty" finish to the lexan . This is OK with the body as it will be painted but are the windows the same ?

John

John,

The frostiness from the pictures is due to the fact that the shells now come with overspray film, which they didn't when originally released. Remove that, and they look crystal clear - take a look at the lower pics here MY 6R4 .

I will have a word to Willy on the decal set, should be able to put that in the same box....

Alex

John,

The frostiness from the pictures is due to the fact that the shells now come with overspray film, which they didn't when originally released. Remove that, and they look crystal clear - take a look at the lower pics here MY 6R4 .

I will have a word to Willy on the decal set, should be able to put that in the same box....

Alex

Can I just chip in here??

I got one of these 6R4 bodies from Alex when he first had them done

They are great bodies, every bit as good as the original Frewer release (I know these are Frewer too, but you know what I mean??)

The PandaGFX paint mask is good too and with the overspray film painting is a doddle

When I got my body, willychang hadn't done the decal sheet, but wanting to be different I didn't go the Tony Pond route, I went for a 'Privateer' look

Unfortunatley I used 2 different paints by mistake and the red I used for the rear lights bled into the main colour

Anyway bottom line is...

If like me you like the 6R4 then it's a must have!!

Can I just chip in here??

It's 6R4 stuff...... chip away, big fella!!!!

Glad to see a few of these popping up with paint and such being done... although I still haven't seen any Will Gollop specials.....

Alex

Hi Alex ,

Thanks for ALL the replies . Thanks for clarifying (get the pun ) the "issue" with the windscreen . Your shell looks great and If you still have this last body available and can get hold of the decal set and mask set I will take it .

John

Sorry to bump an old thread with a shameless ebay plug as my first post, but...

I sourced myself one of these shells from frewer over a year ago for a tamiya mini conversion project. Not sure what I was thinking as the shell is far too wide for the M03! Anyway, I soldiered on with the painting and decals and hand made wing and what not, and finished up with this:

5614181548_be4a7279b0_b.jpg

After I had finished the thing, I promptly put it back in its box where it has been ever since! So, I decided to ebay it, and I was just googling around to see how much they are going for and came across this thread. If anyone is interested, it can be found here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metro-6R4-Body-Shell...=item35b14ac008