RA1028

Boomerang Re-release

There are really two sides to this argument. The US prices for the HotShot Rere were at about $150 on release. The dollar has remained fairly stable and the price hasn't changed much. No complaints.

The Euro almost equalled the UK pound a few weeks ago, making it possible for people like me to actually consider buying off ebay.uk.

You guys had it good when the pound was was almost double of the USD. No question about it.

The drastic drop of the UK pound might just show how overvalued it was to begin with...

What hurts us all is that the Yen has made some major gains. :P

Maybe the Japanese will start buying back all the RCs we bought off YahooAuctions Japan!!!! :D

Its not confirmed yet, and the rumour says its only for the Japanese Domestic market - I'm hoping we all get a chance but i'd wait before taking it as a dead cert

Fingers crossed though!

• Like 1

lovely!

i can get a boomerang, since i don't have any.

plus add to my collection of 3x 2011s(maybe!)

I'd got only one Boomer re-re and it's a regretted matter for years. 

Hoping get a chance for it again.

23 minutes ago, skinned said:

so these re-re-re's are only available in japan?

unlikely. maybe just the first run. i go japan once a year anyway, though i do not usually like to lug stuff back

Normally if there is a batch run in the factory, you can check with your local Tamiya to - order them. They are made in the Philippines factory anyway.

I've ordered some batch run of the hotshot when it got re-run.

Do the JDM releases usually end up at places like rcmart or do you need to find a japanese supplier? I will definitely be buying one/some of these, depending on how many i can get signed off by the financial controller...

I'm not sure if this is good or bad news for me.

Having just purchased a used 1986 boomerang because I missed out on the re release...

It would be good news if it is released to the UK at a resonable price, along the price of the Hotshot and now BigWig.

Bad news if it is released to the UK with a stonking price tag which means I won't be prepared to pay that much for it, but knowing it's available in brand new condition out of my reach.

If it does have a stonking price tag, it can stay in Japan :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Do the JDM releases usually end up at places like rcmart or do you need to find a japanese supplier? 

If the previous production run they did with the Avante 2 years ago is anything to go by, then no they won't end up with HK sellers. That was a JDM run only too and the only stores that got them were the Japanese ones. Some of them did end up on ebay but for extortionate prices. Banazai Hobby will be your best bet for getting one IMO.

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

If the previous production run they did with the Avante 2 years ago is anything to go by, then no they won't end up with HK sellers. That was a JDM run only too and the only stores that got them were the Japanese ones. Some of them did end up on ebay but for extortionate prices. Banazai Hobby will be your best bet for getting one IMO.

I'm thinking that they will be for japan only , so they can buy them & sell them to use suckers at high prices , to

help the Japanese people ?? .. This is what i'm thinking , I'm sure i will be wrong , but you never know .

Would be great if they just re re'd them to all countries ? . They's plenty of us that would like to get them . 

Mr T must have to much money to not re re it world wide :lol: .. 

Really hope these lmt Japan releases will come to Europe as well. As I know Banzai stopped with Tamiya. Anybody know of any other reliable webshops in Japan, that ships to Europe?

Heh......I recently bought a vintage one not seeing any re-res about the place.
Feel a bit silly now. Then again I am enjoying rebuilding this thing so.....

57 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Has anyone used rc champ which is linked to above? Are they ok?

Yup, I did..many years ago but sadly, they don't do overseas order any more ....!

3 hours ago, steponit! said:

Yup, I did..many years ago but sadly, they don't do overseas order any more ....!

Confirmed by email,lap of the EBAY gods now,will be very annoyed at Mr Tamiya if its just a Japanese release.

5 hours ago, Klausen said:

Really hope these lmt Japan releases will come to Europe as well. As I know Banzai stopped with Tamiya. Anybody know of any other reliable webshops in Japan, that ships to Europe?

rc champ might ship. but their command of english is very rudimentary, and shipping is incredibly expensive

3 hours ago, steponit! said:

oh, i didn't realise. maybe try super rajikon then. last year when i dropped by, the girl at the counter gave me a card and said that they do overseas shipments.

or, if you are a toy lover, just fly to japan for a holiday and bring back a container of kits!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, huasze said:

rc champ might ship. but their command of english is very rudimentary, and shipping is incredibly expensive

here is the email from them,

Sorry, we can not send out product to overseas with this web shop.

Sincerely,

////////////////////////////////////////////////
 RCアドバイザーチャンプ WEB SHOP for CAR
 net-car@rc-champ.co.jp

• Like 1

maybe a mass email to Tamiya Japan from all our members that are interested in the 'only japan release' pleading for worldwide release?

14 minutes ago, madmickmalone said:

here is the email from them,

Sorry, we can not send out product to overseas with this web shop.

Sincerely,

////////////////////////////////////////////////
 RCアドバイザーチャンプ WEB SHOP for CAR
 net-car@rc-champ.co.jp

They don't ship anymore I guess. Visit their Osaka shop? It's a whole building of rc stuff, mainly Tamiya. The absolute biggest rc shop I saw in my life!